July 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by BlueTop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I too join the chorus of all of you who now have embarassingly dark navy blue hair after using Garnier Nutrisse dark Ash Brown. This is an embrassing disaster -- you want to go into hiding -- and I see no immediate quick fixes other than to let it grow out which will take many months. If anyone out there knows of how to fix this so I can look normal again soon, please post solution.

UPDATE: A product called Color Oops available at Walgreen's and Rite Aid came to the rescue and I am out of hiding. It removed the horrible navy blue and returned me to a more normal looking color. Hope that will help some of you out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Jaycie08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the color Darkest Ash Brown. My hair was a medium brown with blonde and red highlights throughout to start. I applied two boxes to cover all of my long hair. I noticed immediately that the dye was turning blue after applying it to my head. The final outcome was blue-black hair color. I am extremely disappointed! It is very unnatural given the blue hue (think comic book, Wonder Woman). I have read other reviews with similar problems regarding this color. I won't be purchasing this color again. The packaging is misleading.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by fallenangel97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I'm a huge fan of Garnier hair products in general, I haven't had much luck with their hair dye. My mom has always loved their hair dye, and has used the light golden blonde (honey butter) for years. I like to use blonde colors labeled "ash" and "cool", just because I think they're pretty, plus my naturally dark blonde/light brown hair likes to pull orange/gold, especially at the roots. I've used the ultra light ash blonde (white chocolate) a few times, and it's always turned my hair grey. I also recently used the Olia lightest cool blonde, and it did the same thing. Though just like other garnier hair products, it smells nice and leaves my hair looking healthy and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by cnguyen112

I was a brunette and wanted to go black despite a lot of people having objections but screw them. I had previously coloured my hair brown with Garnier nutrisse and had lasted me 2 months so decided to try the brand any but with black.

Black came out nice (soft black), but I think I might've applied the dye wrong because there was some streaks that were still brown but just darker.

FYI, I did not wash my hair for 24 hours, and waited a little more than 30 minutes for the dye to settle in before I washed my hair. The smell is not overwhelming in my opinion but there's still a smell.

Either way, the results were more than satisfactory and I wouldn't mind use the brand again if I ever needed to dye again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by PaolaKing

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually dye my hair dark drown with Garnier Nutrisse and am very satisfied. However, this time I used a different shade than I usually do - shade #31 darkest ash brown. It made my already dyed hair a very deep intense almost black colour and my grey roots a very bright ROYAL BLUE colour. I'm embarrassed to leave the house with my bright blue roots.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Donnadaydream12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had lovely light blonde hair with my dark blonde roots coming through so I decided to use garnier nutrisse in colour ash beige blonde. It has turned my lovely blonde hair a dark dirty grey colour!! I used the ash as I had slight orange tones in my blonde an thought it would neutralise this an send it like the colour it shows on the box for my hair colour, wrong! I will never buy this hair dye again i now have to go to a salon an pay to have it fixed as my hair is a right mess!! Thank you garnier for your pretentious hair colour my hair is a state! If anyone is thinking of using this hair colour stay well away unless you want patchy dark grey hair!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought two boxes of Garnier Nutrisse's #31 Darkest Ash Brown. My hair at that point was dyed auburn with blonde streaks, medium brown, and then dark brown (all Dark and Lovely products). I wanted a dark brown hair color that was cool toned to cover the brassiness. The hair dye made my hair appear blue black and rather unnatural. But, four weeks and a ton of washes later, my hair is dark neutral brown. It did cover the brassy orange/red tones. The color now looks natural which I love. The actual product is not damaging at all and smells great! So, at first I was disappointed with the color but over time, it faded to the color it was supposed to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I am not picky with my dye. I buy a black shade that's on sale and use that on my long, naturally brown hair. Typically I would just dye my whole head, but that would warrant buying two bottles. And the only part of my hair that's bad are my roots. So I took home one box.
Usually, I dont review hair dyes, so this means a lot. This hair dye was lovely. No offensive odors. Incredible colour and coverage. No burning or uncomfortable itchiness. And that conditioner is awesome.
I hadn't washed my hair in four days before I used this (I love having naturally oily hair before dying, it helps keeps my hair from getting fried.) I dyed my roots according to the instructions in the pack, using a clip and a rat tail comb to separate my roots, every half inch. Left it for ten minutes (I always get anxious with dye times. I try to account for when I started applying the dye) and worked the little I had left to the middle and a little to the ends. Left that for ten more minutes. Rinsed til clear. And used that lovely conditioner. And I was amazed with the results from the dye (and my handy work in dying my roots for the first time). Awesome product, would totally buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by wolfteeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a specific review for the new Magnetic Browns series that was just released. The shade I used is #31 Darkest Ash Brown. I'm normally a huge fan of Garnier Nutrisse. I've used a ton of different colors and have loved all of them. I used this one because I was looking for a nearly black color and am always partial to ash colors. This color however, was awful. I have some graying at my roots and my natural color is dark blonde. Dark Blonde normally turns out lighter than suggested on the box, I know this. But dark blonde was a recommended color on the swatches on the back. I was expecting my roots to maybe be a bit lighter than expected...but this color turned my roots BRIGHT BLUE. the rest of my hair was a very very VERY dark brown (probably more like black) and my half inch of regrowth was as blue as the morning sky. Awful. Will go back to using the Darkest Brown or Soft Black shades from the regular range of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Sumerrg

My review is for the shade light ash brown. I decided I wanted to bleach my dark brown hair blonde, after about 3 bleach applications my hair was bright orange, dry and giving me all the warning signs that it was about to give up on me. I knew there was no way I was going to risk more damage by lightening it any more, and this wasn't an orange tone that could be fixed with some toner. It was bright ass orange. I gave my hair a few days of rest (and leave in treatments) to think about what the hell I was going to do because I really didn't want to just throw dark brown on top of it only to have the same color I started out with. my hair was already damaged, I at least wanted some kind of transformation to come from all of this work. I decided to go with a light ash brown color to tone out the orange. I bought 2 boxes, only ended up using one. left it in my hair for an hour and after I rinsed and blowdried, I came out of my room and my dad oogled at my hair for a good 10 minutes saying how awesome it looked! my hair feels no more damaged than it was before coloring, the color is very true to what's on the box and it looks beautiful in contrast to my hazel eyes. my only complaint would be the strong scent of this dye as it lingers well after rinsing but who cares- my hair isn't orange! :) love this dye. try it.