Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried 2 different colors in this brand (burgundy auburn and color shade 564) neither one of them lasted in my hair more than a week. I dyed my hair on the 24 of July and now it is August 2nd and much of the color has come out. Will never buy this product again.

on 7/29/2015 9:36:00 PM

i did a umbre look on my hair and it came out real good

on 7/20/2015 7:52:00 PM

Garnier Nutrisse Crème
Pearly Blonde
8.13 - Medium Ash Beige Blonde

Wanting to go from Platinum with ash roots, to a darker medium blonde, I used this dye. It went a few shades darker, but not too dark/dull which was my concern. The roots evened out to the rest of the hair colour. I was pleased with the results, much more natural blonde. I think an even better result would occur with the 35 min processing time. I only left it in for 25 mins. Will buy again

Conditioner was actually really thick & conditioning.

on 7/13/2015 10:00:00 PM

unfortunately i had black hair and wanted to lighten it to dark medium brown and used light natural brown (60). It barely changed my hair color, only lightened it to a slight brown undertone BUT my hair feels SUPER silky, and soft. It daresay that its better than before i dyed it! If only i had picked a better color i would have seen better results, nevertheless, will definitely repurchase!
one other con is that it really smells lol

Just used this product today in medium natural brown. I don't typically have good luck with this brand of hair dye but I figured I would give it a shot. I have had my hair red for a while and had decided to go back to a more natural colour. Given that I was working with a red dye base, I figured there would be some red showing through. I was however hoping that the "natural" part would help to cancel some of the red out. Sadly, it did not and I now have darker red/auburn hair. Not a huge deal as I can just use an ash coloured dye in the next little bit. All in all, it's an okay dye but the smell is quite harsh. The formula is thick enough not to drip and applies easily.

on 6/25/2015 8:37:00 AM

I use extra light natural blonde or chamomile. Before using this color, I had highlighted hair with an inch of light ash brown roots. After leaving this color on for an hour, my roots and my highlights lightened and my hair turned to a more uniform blonde look. My only issue with this product is that this color did pull out the gold tones in my roots and the darkest pieces of my hair (from past lowlights) turned orange. I did fix this with a purple shampoo though. This is the best home color kit I have used so far and I will be touching up with this product!

on 6/20/2015 4:50:00 AM

I use the colour available in Canada closest to my natural hair--#30, Intense Dark Brown. I don't colour my whole head, just a couple of grey patches that have decided to randomly sprout up on my head, so I never use the full bottle at once.

WARNING--do this at your peril; I'm just telling you what I do, but it's off-label so exercise caution. The proportions that work best for me are closer to 1:1 dye and developer than what the instructions say--with slightly less dye than developer.

In these proportions, left on for 25 minutes, this stuff is PERFECT for me. It doesn't damage my hair (I really like the conditioner that comes with it), it doesn't smell really gross, and it covers my grey completely. I'd say when I only use sulfate free shampoo, it doesn't fade until at least a month has gone by, and by that time it's grown out enough that I need to do it again anyway.

I also love that it's so low-mess. I guess it could be because I'm not applying it all over my head, but when I put it on it stays put and does not drip. (I mix it up, then apply with a toothbrush to the grey patches). I've been using this stuff for about 6 months and it's very good. I'll be repurchasing.

on 3/2/2015 10:36:00 PM

I picked the Jet Black Color because I wanted Jet Black hair , since my hair is naturally black it doesn't take much . They recently Came out with A "reflective Dark " hair color , they claim the Blue black would be reflective and it's not . It's terrible , the blAck hair dye is dark brown and light brown in some places , terrible pigmentation , will not be purchasing this line again

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

not as drying as the other dyes even though the color is not as vibrant

on 2/6/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Is it just with us brunettes? Or us "going grey" women?

My dark brown hair has salt and pepper roots near my forehead and crown. I used this Garnier Nutrisse Permanent as directed because CVS was out of L'Oreal Excellence, (which, honestly, colors much, much darker than pictured or described...and they are aware of it. But if I go 2 shades lighter than recommended, it's spot on fantabulous!), or even a decent color Clairol.

Never using this product again! Although I chose "dark ash brown", my 1.5 inch roots came out blackish blue...emphasis on blue, (although not a light blue as I read of others here with greyish roots). I was mortified. Even my husband, who notices nothing, did a double take.

Rather than subject my hair to immediate multiple dish liquid and baking soda stripping, I wore a wig for a week. But a week later, Garnier has nearly all washed out, and the greyish roots are back just as though I'd never colored them. So much for "Permanent". I guess that's the one good lie about Garnier. By contrast, I've have other dye jobs you couldn't budge with dynamite.