April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought two boxes of Garnier Nutrisse's #31 Darkest Ash Brown. My hair at that point was dyed auburn with blonde streaks, medium brown, and then dark brown (all Dark and Lovely products). I wanted a dark brown hair color that was cool toned to cover the brassiness. The hair dye made my hair appear blue black and rather unnatural. But, four weeks and a ton of washes later, my hair is dark neutral brown. It did cover the brassy orange/red tones. The color now looks natural which I love. The actual product is not damaging at all and smells great! So, at first I was disappointed with the color but over time, it faded to the color it was supposed to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I am not picky with my dye. I buy a black shade that's on sale and use that on my long, naturally brown hair. Typically I would just dye my whole head, but that would warrant buying two bottles. And the only part of my hair that's bad are my roots. So I took home one box.
Usually, I dont review hair dyes, so this means a lot. This hair dye was lovely. No offensive odors. Incredible colour and coverage. No burning or uncomfortable itchiness. And that conditioner is awesome.
I hadn't washed my hair in four days before I used this (I love having naturally oily hair before dying, it helps keeps my hair from getting fried.) I dyed my roots according to the instructions in the pack, using a clip and a rat tail comb to separate my roots, every half inch. Left it for ten minutes (I always get anxious with dye times. I try to account for when I started applying the dye) and worked the little I had left to the middle and a little to the ends. Left that for ten more minutes. Rinsed til clear. And used that lovely conditioner. And I was amazed with the results from the dye (and my handy work in dying my roots for the first time). Awesome product, would totally buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by wolfteeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a specific review for the new Magnetic Browns series that was just released. The shade I used is #31 Darkest Ash Brown. I'm normally a huge fan of Garnier Nutrisse. I've used a ton of different colors and have loved all of them. I used this one because I was looking for a nearly black color and am always partial to ash colors. This color however, was awful. I have some graying at my roots and my natural color is dark blonde. Dark Blonde normally turns out lighter than suggested on the box, I know this. But dark blonde was a recommended color on the swatches on the back. I was expecting my roots to maybe be a bit lighter than expected...but this color turned my roots BRIGHT BLUE. the rest of my hair was a very very VERY dark brown (probably more like black) and my half inch of regrowth was as blue as the morning sky. Awful. Will go back to using the Darkest Brown or Soft Black shades from the regular range of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Sumerrg

My review is for the shade light ash brown. I decided I wanted to bleach my dark brown hair blonde, after about 3 bleach applications my hair was bright orange, dry and giving me all the warning signs that it was about to give up on me. I knew there was no way I was going to risk more damage by lightening it any more, and this wasn't an orange tone that could be fixed with some toner. It was bright ass orange. I gave my hair a few days of rest (and leave in treatments) to think about what the hell I was going to do because I really didn't want to just throw dark brown on top of it only to have the same color I started out with. my hair was already damaged, I at least wanted some kind of transformation to come from all of this work. I decided to go with a light ash brown color to tone out the orange. I bought 2 boxes, only ended up using one. left it in my hair for an hour and after I rinsed and blowdried, I came out of my room and my dad oogled at my hair for a good 10 minutes saying how awesome it looked! my hair feels no more damaged than it was before coloring, the color is very true to what's on the box and it looks beautiful in contrast to my hazel eyes. my only complaint would be the strong scent of this dye as it lingers well after rinsing but who cares- my hair isn't orange! :) love this dye. try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Hannyliz

Overall, I am quite pleased with this. My natural hair is a light brown/dull dirty blonde, and I used the medium reddish brown colour. The dying process was quite easy; the formula was completely drip free and an adequate amount was provided for my very long, thick, curly hair. However, it had a very strong unpleasant chemically smell. Upon rinsing it out, my hair felt pleasantly smoothed which was a nice surprise. The colour turned out very beautiful, quite similar to the colour on the box. I have washed my hair twice, and very small amounts come out in the shower but no noticeable fading of the colour yet. Mind you, I use an extremely small amount of shampoo (my hair is generally dry). The included conditioner also works great, even though my hair is picky about conditioner. I'm still a tad bit worried about fading, but overall I'm very happy with this product and will most likely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is the only at-home hair color I will use. I've tried loads of other at-home dyes, all of which either didn't give me the color I wanted or damaged the crap out of my hair, but I have no issues with this product whatsoever. I have naturally very dirty blonde hair (not quite dark enough to be considered brunette, but not super light either). I use shade 90 - Macadamia in the winter and shade 100 - Chamomile in the summer. Both shades give me a very believable light blonde color that isn't too white or too yellow. Sometimes it can look a little brassy for a few days after using this, but purple shampoo takes care of that issue. I've never had fading issues with this.
One thing I really love about this product is that it smells really nice! Pretty much every other lightening product out there has such a strong chemically smell, but this just has that fruity "Garnier scent," and smells like pretty much every other Garnier product. It's so nice to use this and not be gagging on the fumes! I also love that this doesn't burn or irritate my scalp at all. One of the reasons I stopped getting my hair lightened in the salon is because whatever they used always burned my scalp and made it so dry and itchy (I've also had this issue with other box kits). But this one causes no irritation whatsoever. And believe it or not, I feel like my hair looks and feels healthier after using this! For several days after using the dye, my hair is super shiny, soft, and just looks amazing. I've never had a product besides this lighten my hair and not totally fry my ends.
One thing I will mention is that although the product says to only leave on the hair 25-35 minutes, I typically leave it on for closer to an hour. If I rinse this out 45 minutes or less after applying, my roots will still be just a tinyyy bit darker than the rest of my hair.
I can't recommend this enough! I definitely think it is the best at-home hair color out there right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very happy with this product.

I achieved the color that I was looking for and it was pretty true to what the box indicated it would be. This is by far the best smelling hair color I have tried and seems to be the most gentle. I have used Feria ( which I will never use again thanks to MUA), Colorspa, and Open. My hair actually feels and looks better and healthier than it did before I colored it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by dordor51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this product. I recently switched over to Garnier Nutrisse Color cream # 564.
I have very thick course hair, my natural color was auburn, but have grey hair and have been dying my hair for 24 yrs..
I was tired of most products as they never seemed to lift my color and keep it shiny, but your product is AMAZING!..
Even my hairdresser, who only cuts my hair commented on the color and the richness of the color. It never dries out my hair, it leaves it silky and shiny.
I do hope that I shall be able to keep purchasing this color.
When it goes on sale I buy a few to keep me going.
Thank goodness I have found a product that doesn't strip the ends or dry it out. I am so pleased!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Prettylilfawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always try hair dyes that are on sale (when not on sale i go to my usual clariol natural instincts). I have medium length fine hair, most brands of dye have more than enough dye to saturate my entire head and then some. i was disappointed while using this dye because towards the end of the bottle i still had at least 1/3 of my head left to saturate. after some intense massaging and spreading of the dye I got it to work out (but talk about a heart attack and a half!). the dye is thick, which is a good thing if you find other dyes to drip to much. I noticed that after i had the dye in my hair, i was able to wipe off the dye on my skin easily with just a tissue and soap without it leaving any stain. Also, on the bottle it says the smell is good... no it is not. it stinks. i didn't notice much of a difference from the other dyes i have used. I bought this dye in Medium Natural Brown (#50) to match my natural hair color and to dye over some slightly faded fuchia manic panic on my bangs, i was a little worried the pink/purple wouldn't lift but almost instantly after massaging the dye onto the pink i saw it lift and cover... YIPPEE! The end result, it did what i wanted it to do, color was nice, gloves are a little tight (i don't really have big hands at all) wish there was a little bit more product in the bottle to work with... i personally wouldn't buy again only because I like my hair dyes to have more product and be a little thinner in thickness. but color was nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Helenna100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dyed my hair YESTERDAY and it already faded! this is awful, I didn't use shampoo and my hair is quite healthy and it was in for the correct amount of time, what the hell?