November 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have black hair and need a root-touch up every month as my hair grows 1 inch/month. Root touch ups are $100/month at the salon, which is an astounding $1200/year, I need a cheaper and more reasonable alternative! (I also HATE sitting in the salon chair these days. I'm getting old ;)

I have only dyed my own hair once and it was a disaster. (I used L'Oreal Creme Gloss. Sucks. It is "semi-permanent" but it never washed out and the colour turned out much darker than the box.)I bought Nutrisse #53 Medium Golden Brown as I was scared that the colour would appear much darker than the box. Note: This haircolour DOES colour black hair to a lighter shade!!

Application was super easy. Thick creme, does not run, development time was 25 minutes. It didn't cover up my roots entirely. I think I will try one shade darker next time and use the product on my hair more liberally. That being said, the results are passable. It's a bit of an experiment, dyeing your own hair. Will update when I try the next shade darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Britishcrumpet

This was my first time colouring my hair at home and I was absolutely terrified, but I was just so fed up with paying 110 every couple of months for some highlights. I really didn't expect it to work as I had a whole mix of light brown to light blonde highlights in my hair, with about 3 inches of medium brown roots. Nevertheless, I took the plunge and bought 2 boxes of Garier Nutrisse in Camomile (100). I used one and a half boxes (which is pretty good considering I have super thick waist length hair) and left it on 25 mins on the roots and 10 mins on the rest of my hair. I was left with a perfect 3 dimensional colour from where my roots finished down, and a horrible strawberry blonde/ brassy colour on my roots. However, after spending a couple of weeks using purple shampoos and leaving them on for a good 20mins each time (I recommend John Freidas toning shampoo), it was finally the perfect blonde all over.
About 6 weeks later i had about half an inch of regrowth so I used the same colour again, but left it on the roots for about 5 mins longer and the colour came out perfect. I'm very pleased with my hair now, and looking back I'm impressed that my hair didn't turn green or something considering the number of different colours in it before!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by debrajj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an African American with about 30% gray at the roots and temples. I've used Garnier in the past, about 4 times. I purchased # 31 for my off-black hair. OMG!! my roots turned such a blue. I called the 1-800#, the lady (supervisor) told me I would have was my hair about three or four times, until the suds or clear. Well, I washed my hair 8 times!!!. Then, I tried Dawn dish soap, (I figured, Dawn will "strip" anything clean) NOTHING!!!. She said they would re-reimburse me my money for the purchase and for another color (#30). OK, never again. I went on the internet for help. I used the baking soda and shampoo. Two shampoo's and then conditioner, and it worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by JollyJo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have light brown hair and I've been using the colour 111 and it leaves me with medium blonde hair without brassiness. I have sensitive scalp and this does not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Jennaperez0808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Washed out just a week after.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible. The darkest ash brown number 31 covered my gray alright and turned it blue! A bright blue. After doing a little searching I see that I am not the only one, I am just glad that I decided to do a strand test first.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Eirwen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used "Soft Black" on my medium brown hair. The smell was nice and the fumes didn't sting my eyes, nose, and throat like all other chemical dyes do. It turned out to be a great color. But it ALL came out after one wash! I took a point off of the packaging rating too because the instructions said it was supposed to come with gloves but mine didn't and the box was sealed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by buttercup012801

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never take time to write reviews for anything but I felt I had to for this product. It's amazing! No, I don't work for Garnier! For years I used Clairol Natural Instincts in "dark auburn brown" as it hid my minimal grays and matched exactly my own hair color. I guess I like the fact it was only "semi-permanent". In the last few years I would go to the salon for color and touch-ups. Today I just didn't feel like the time and money so on a whim I bought Garnier Nutrisse in "dark reddish brown". It's permanent.....but so are my grays! LOL OMG! It was so NOT messy......and when I washed it out it is absolutely a perfect natural color with NONE of that remaining red on the hairline light hairs that has to blend after few washes. I even got that "remaining red" at the salon! I cannot believe how amazing this product is! I so recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by dvacco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a review for Garnier Nutrisse creme shade #90 Macadamia, Natural Light Blonde. I have used this color for the second time today. It is the most natural-looking light blonde ever for a box color! I have tried numerous light blonde colors in many brands and they all come out too light, white or golden blonde, yuck! Garnier's #90 is amazing. It is so natural looking, not too ligh, not too white, not too yellow or gold. Just the perfect baby blonde. I was a platinum blonde as a child and then my hair went to a dark blonde. I have highlights put in it and this color doesn't change the highlight, but enhances them. Honestly, I will never use another color as long as Garnier continues to make it. Please do not ever discontinue this shade or change it. Wish I had found this color when it was first available. It comes out so beautiful! I have received many compliments and people think I have my color done at the salon. I tell them it's Garnier Nutrisse #90!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the color dark brown on my dark brown hair to cover some grays because Natural Instincts wasn't cutting it anymore; the grays would reappear within 1-2 washes. So I wasn't in the market for lightening, or a drastic color change - or any real change at all, except for gray coverage and hopefully some added shine. After using Garnier Nutrisse for the first time tonight, I wouldn't repurchase for a couple main reasons:
--My overall hair color is dark brown but now my roots on the top of my head are a lighter, brassy-reddish medium brown color. WTF. The rest of the color is fine - nice, even, but the roots are not ok. The whole point of using a dye the same color as my natural hair was for a natural result, and now my roots give it away. This is my main gripe.
--The smell, omg. My eyes are still watering and I rinsed it out over an hour ago. Granted, I am used to semi-perm dye, but this is next-level toxic smelling.
On the upside, my hair is super shiny and soft, and my grays are covered for now - brassy, but covered. And it was cheap, even with having to buy two boxes to cover my thick hair. But I just can't with these stupid brassy roots.