Bath and Body Works Wallflowers Wall Plug Home Fragrance

3.7

on 1/9/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've tried a few different wall plug in products and home fragrance products in general and this is the best I've found of the plug ins. That being said it is very hit or miss with the scents. Some are very strong and perfect for a large room and others are far too weak and I couldn't even smell them. I did have an incident where one of the bulbs leaked everywhere and of course the liquid inside was blue and stained the counter. The associates say this is from screwing in the bulb wrong but I've been using these for years, it wasn't user error it was a crappy bulb and/or plug in. Anyway, if you want a plug in product this is a good choice. Some of my fav scents are; Fresh Bamboo, Flower Shop, Pineapple Mango, Eucalyptus Mint, Blueberry Pumpkin, Lemon Mint and Tiki Beach.
Edit: Recently picked up the bulb Renew and Refresh. Great scent, fairly strong but very clean smelling.

on 12/30/2014 7:39:00 PM

I do have and like these, but only certain scents. Most of them are way too strong, but I do like French lavender and the one just called "lemon", which at the moment you can only get online. Both are on the weak side, but I do like the plain lavender scent, which smells like real lavender and not their typical lavender vanilla, which I do not like at all. Lemon is just plain lemon, slightly on the "foody" side. The length of time they last depends on your outlets, not the wallflowers themselves. The outlet in my bedroom seems to eat wallflowers and they only last about a month. I also have one downstairs, and in that outlet, they last 5-6 weeks. Like other reviewers suggest, definitely change the bulb when there is still a drop of oil left, this will help prevent the plug from burning out. Overall I do like these as long as I like the scent.

on 11/12/2014 10:08:00 AM

Well, first off, I am a glutton for punishment. Even though these arent the cheapest and they do not last as long as they tell you - they really do smell up a large room. They are much more powerful than most candles so I really do enjoy that the scent carries in a large space and the night light attachments are also cute. I have 3 of these things in my house - I do not like the price and the fact that when you leave them in 24-7, they only last maybe 3 weeks-ish, not 2 months like some of the sales associates have told me.

on 11/6/2014 9:56:00 AM

I know I gave this product a terrible rating, but I would still buy it again. The price was kind of ridiculous considering it doesn't last that long. I was lucky enough to buy them on "sale." The sale was four of the oil-scent things for $20, when the original price for buying four of them is like $24. I've only had these things for a couple of days. My friend and I were at the mall and she recommended them to me. I really like the scent, and it can be a little strong at first, but they don't last that long. When I brought them home, I plugged them in immediately for about eight hours. I unplugged them as I was getting ready for school and noticed the amount of oil drastically decreased.i was really upset by this because I heard it could last for months even up to a year. Lately, I've been rationing the time I'm using it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this lemminged it for my teeny tiny bathroom coz that is the only room in this entire house I am permitted-allowed to smoke cigarettes inside. My parents prefer I smoke outside so I find it hard to refrain so I was hoping these will help the smokey smell in there that pervades! It was 3 for $12 plus $4.50 for the unit, I hope these will do the trick! I smelled it initially but I haven't smelled it around the rest of our house which is less than 2500 square feet large, which is a bit disappointing ATM, but I've only had it plugged in about 4 hours. I got 3 of the new summer scents. I've never tried the Glade or any other brands. Mine apparently snaps in? It twists open the wrong way. I have a dire shortage of outlets in my suite & was forced to sacrifice the usual night light for this. I wish I had known about the double units and or the night light units. They should make a double unit WITH a night light!! If these don't end up throwing much scent I may experiment w other scents of theirs. I am trying to decide if I should go into hoard mode! I love these little things. I am into creature comforts. Cannot wait for the holiday/Fall scents. I may buy another 1 w the night lite for the bathroom & relocate the original if I can spare an outlet. Right now ev thing is sort of daisy chained together so it's not ideally the best, I kno it's a major fire hazard... I also bought a B&BW candle so I need to decide which has a stronger scent (more bang "scent" for your buck!)??

on 4/29/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I work at BBW. It's hard not to love the idea of fragrancing your home 24/7 with any of the fantastic scent bulbs we offer. I personally love having mine in my bathroom (my cute little blue turtle wall plug-in). However... I feel like I must bring up the fact that I'm pretty sure having this in my medium-sized bathroom causes me to break out. Like, as in facial acne. It's weird I know, but I have experimented with it: the weeks that I don't have one in my bathroom, my acne does not flare up as badly, if at all; and the times when I do have the wallflower in my bathroom, I break out. I believe it is because the oil is being released into the air, and it settles/aggregates on my towels that I use to dry my clean face after washing, thereby rubbing oil all over my face. It sounds crazy, and hell maybe it's just an extremely weird coincidence. So... With that being said, using it in my living room, den, hallways, and guest bedroom have been great. It makes my house smell wonderful. Depending on the fragrance you get, the silage may be far-reaching, or just close to the outlet. Ask a BBW sales associate which ones are good for big rooms and small rooms. Overall, wallflowers are worth the money, and it your plug-in stops working before 1 year (only meant to last 1-1.5 years), you can bring it in for a refund or exchange :) Also, DO NOT LET THE REFILL BURN OUT OF OIL COMPLETELY! Unplug the wallflower and replace the bulb when there is still a little oil visible at the bottle of the bulb. This will prevent the wallflower from over heating and shorting out prematurely.

on 11/16/2012 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this plug in in my bedroom. i agree with the others, when you plug it in, the initial scent can be quite strong. other than that, it scents up my room very well.

on 11/6/2012 9:36:00 AM

I've been purchasing wallflowers for years and now with the new ones, they don't heat up, the fragrance does not disburse and a new issue has started, the fragrance oil leaks out and stains the electrical outlet and the wall. I discovered two of mine leaking down the wall. With my favorite fragrances being the earthy fall scents the color of the oil is either red or orange and you can imagine what orange oil has done to the wall. And the stain on the outlet can not be scrubbed clean, the outlet now has to be replaced. I will NEVER purchase these again. For the price, the destruction is not worth it. Please beware, keep an eye on your wallflowers or be prepared to replace outlets and repaint your walls.

on 4/2/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

We bought the double wallflower outlet a long time ago, so when my husband and I were in Gatlinburg TN for the weekend, we got another bulb refill. We got Eucalyptus Mint. Originally we were going to keep it in our living room near the front door. It was so overbearing that we had to move it to our laundry room where the cat litter box is. It does a good job with odors but when you initially plug it in it is SO strong! We've had the cinnamon one before and it was the same way. Gave us both a headache.

on 3/9/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I am big on scents so I have candles all over the place- but you can't burn candles 24/7 and I can't exactly use them at work. I started using these last holiday season. I really like the Chocolate Mint smell, but now that spring is on the way I bought some peach, coconut (LOVE) and a few of the Hawaiian themed ones. I work in a car dealership with a bunch of men (I am a lady) and they are always saying how great my office and the hall outside smells. The scent definitely carries- which I like. ( I am Woman! Smell how pretty! Hear me Roar!)

A few of the previous posters commented on a flaw in the design where not being able to adjust the level of fragrance output is concerned. This doesn't bother me at all because if it DID have an adjustment, I would always keep them on full blast. Also... I am a little confused why people say it is difficult to screw the bulbs in. Not..rocket...science....

I like how there are a bunch of different designs for the actual plug ins. I got a cute owl shaped one for my office, and for my house I got 2 double holders for my room and the living room. My entire house smells awesome and I don't have to light a bunch of candles when I get home. :)

Popular Accessories