November 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

I bought the fragrance free version, which I recommend everyone do. This feels super light and silky. It contains gentle antioxidants, like green tea, so keep it away from light to preserve their efficacy. It feels good on the skin, and contains healthy ingredients known to produce results, including antioxidants, peptides, glycerin, and niacinamide (vitamin B3). The serum leaves out all the bad stuff, which a lot of other companies (including luxury brands) insist on including, like alcohol, unadulterated plant oils, and irritating fragrances.

This also has a cosmetic benefit. I'd argue this serum is a better primer than most products marketed as primers. Unlike a lot of silicone based primers, this is NOT oily at all. It feels silky and smooth and makeup and moisturizers goes on beautifully on top. It doesn't go oily throughout the day, either. Two for one!

My only two complaints- the price and the packaging. I wish the bottle were opaque to keep light away from the product. I store it in the box it came in, inside a closed cupboard.

This serum definitely outdoes many more expensive serums. I just won a serum that costs three times as much as this one. It's also an awesome product, but I have to say, this one is better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This felt like primer on my skin. I was not blown away by the silkiness of it like i have heard some people say.
Feels like monistat chafing gel maybe a bit thinner and in a pump.
I did not notice any changes to my skin even once I finished the whole bottle.
I do not think it was very moisturizing which in my case is not bad since I can get quite greasy.
I actually feel like my skin looking kinda dull when I was using this.
For the price I would have hoped by the time I at least got to the end of the bottle I would have seen some changes but nope nothing.
This was hard to use during the day as it would cause my makeup to slip around on my face more. For dry skin I think this would be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Argh horrible! After the race reviews and very reasonable price I thought I had nothing to lose by trying this- turns out I had my clean, clear skin to lose!

This felt great upon first application but within 2-3 days my skin was terrible and this was the only thing I'd changed.

It's heavily perfumed which may be part of the problem. It's also fantastic at clogging pores. It feel like it sinks in nicely letting skin breathe but in hindsight I think it just firms a barrier over the skin.

Feels like a primer more than anything. A few people said they moisturise over the top of this, I don't know how because it feels to me like this puts a shield on my face.

I finished the bottle on my legs as a moisturiser and even then it wasn't great. Shame, because it's quite affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This product got excellent reviews on Paula's Choice. Seeing it on sale prompted me to give it a try. I am reviewing the Fragrance Free version - which has the faintest of fragrance!!

I have used many serums- often expensive. I dislike the feel of oil based serums, prefer the feel of more water based serums- but these leave me feeling like 'its not quite enough'.

I was shocked how much better my skin was after a days use. After a week some prominent lines were really softened and my skin smoother and more hydrated. I had to go an purchase another bottle for me and some as gifts.

The packaging is functional with good control- (its not beautiful).
The serum is a gloopy consistency that glides on easily- the silicone effect. It is non irritating and does not leave a shine.
It layers well with all my moisturisers and makeup- even behaves with stubborn Nars Sheer Matte thank goodness.

For those who might be wondering why they should use a serum and want to try one and do not want to spend a load of money- try this. Its excellent and it will lead you down a happy garden path!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rhbrand

This seems to be my go to product. I keep trying other stuff, and keep coming back to this. For me, this serum give me a nice amount of moisture, while not overwhelming my skin. It feels good under either an SPF cream, or other moisturiser, or I can simply wear it under makeup alone.
I pick this up at Costco, which makes the cost even lower.
Unless I find a much better product, I think I'll keep going back to this time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product & have been using it for years, & will continue to keep using it. I have extremely dry skin, & I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but it seems like thick, rich creams don't absorb into my skin very well, even if I've just exfoliated. Like what will happen with thick creams is that I'll apply it, yet my face still would feel tight & uncomfortable despite having moisturizer on top, & it could be several hours later & if I'd wipe my skin, there would be like an excess film that would ball up. That doesn't happen with Olay Regenerist Serum. It's thin and lightweight, but at the same time it's very moisturizing. Like with other creams I'd often apply it, then have to reapply it a little while later, but I don't have to do that with this serum, & it absorbs fully into my skin. The best place to purchase it if you can is at Sam's or Costco, places like that, because they sell a large size 3.4 oz bottle of it for about $28, so it's way cheaper than at drug or grocery stores. I personally prefer the fragrance-free version.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this on my brow furrow for over a year and I see no change. I do like the texture and feel of it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but for whatever reason it made my skin red, itchy, and broke me out. it got excellent reviews on Paula's Choice though. I was looking for a new serum to help my then moisturizer absorb into my skin better, but this... wow... no. I had to wash it off right away.

This is advertised as an anti-aging product though and I am only 25. So perhaps this was a mistake on my part purchasing something that was not entirely meant for my age group. I was not crazy about the consistency of the product either. It did not seem to absorb into my skin right away, and I have some very dry areas on my face. I also wish that the bottle was made of glass instead of plastic.

Well, I guess they all can't be winners. Too bad.

I randomly tried this again and had a totally different experience. I've ben using this for a few months now and I find that it has actually improved the quality of my skin. It doesn't instantly hydrate my skin, but it helps. I love that it is fragrance free and makes my skin soft, but it still doesn't have that love factor. I am on the fence on whether or not to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been trying a bunch of serum samples and this one is my least favourite. It is a white, viscous liquid that stays on the skin and feels like a heavy primer. It ruined my makeup because it makes everything stick more and makes it impossible to blend. As for its skin care ingredients, they may be great but as I hate the feel and smell of it, I won't buy it again. I gave it a good try, and even using it just at night didn't feel right. I much prefer the other serums (Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clarins, La Roche Posay) that are clear and sink right in the skin leaving a dewy finish but not interfering with makeup. I think this is highly reviewed for its nourishing ingredients but I just don't like the quality compared to others I've tried.

It's not harming my skin at least, so I will say it is better than nothing and give it two stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Most serums break me out, although I'm not sure what it is inside of them that my skin reacts to. That being said, this one does not break me out. I use it only in the morning after my moisturizer and before putting on my makeup. I would say it works most like a primer because of the silicon content, and I can't say I've noticed any noticeable difference in skin appearance or texture when using it. It does feels nice when you put it on, it makes your skin feel smooth (again because of the silicons). I think those that mentioned it was giving them bumps on their skin immediately after use are reacting to the silicon content, I personally don't have an issue with this, but I think a lot of people do. I don't think this makes a good night time skincare serum, but it is good for the daytime as a makeup prepping step, and the price is pretty good considering the ingredients.