Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

on 4/24/2015 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i love the silkiness, noticed a change in my skin

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I couldn't last the whole bottle but made it to half and called it quits. I don't even have aging skin but I do have post acne marks and some permanent surface redness. The purpose of buying this was due to the ingredient Niacinamide which is known to help brighten the skin and help with scarring. It is also in the top list of indredients (fourth) which is impressive. Niacinamide is also in a very popular skincare cream on MUA called Pond's Clarant B3. Many people on this site raved about the results from this particular cream. Niacinamide is also the fourth ingredient on the list. To fully compare:

Olay Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Panthenol, Polyethylene, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Dimethiconol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Pond's Ingredients:
Water, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Triethanolamine, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate

The only reason why I decided on getting the Olay serum instead was based on Paula's Choice reviews. She rated the Pond's average and rec'd Olay for best results. From my experience, this did absolutely nothing. It didn't help with scarring, redness or brighten my skin. It didn't break me out or cause clogged pores either. After using this day and night for four weeks, it showed no results. I feel that this is just a slippery felling silicone makeup primer. Bottom line, not impressed and will try the Pond's Clarant B3 next.

on 10/25/2014 6:00:00 PM

I bought the fragrance free version, which I recommend everyone do. This feels super light and silky. It contains gentle antioxidants, like green tea, so keep it away from light to preserve their efficacy. It feels good on the skin, and contains healthy ingredients known to produce results, including antioxidants, peptides, glycerin, and niacinamide (vitamin B3). The serum leaves out all the bad stuff, which a lot of other companies (including luxury brands) insist on including, like alcohol, unadulterated plant oils, and irritating fragrances.

This also has a cosmetic benefit. I'd argue this serum is a better primer than most products marketed as primers. Unlike a lot of silicone based primers, this is NOT oily at all. It feels silky and smooth and makeup and moisturizers goes on beautifully on top. It doesn't go oily throughout the day, either. Two for one!

My only two complaints- the price and the packaging. I wish the bottle were opaque to keep light away from the product. I store it in the box it came in, inside a closed cupboard.

This serum definitely outdoes many more expensive serums. I just won a serum that costs three times as much as this one. It's also an awesome product, but I have to say, this one is better!

on 9/30/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This felt like primer on my skin. I was not blown away by the silkiness of it like i have heard some people say.
Feels like monistat chafing gel maybe a bit thinner and in a pump.
I did not notice any changes to my skin even once I finished the whole bottle.
I do not think it was very moisturizing which in my case is not bad since I can get quite greasy.
I actually feel like my skin looking kinda dull when I was using this.
For the price I would have hoped by the time I at least got to the end of the bottle I would have seen some changes but nope nothing.
This was hard to use during the day as it would cause my makeup to slip around on my face more. For dry skin I think this would be better.

on 9/19/2014 10:08:00 AM

Argh horrible! After the race reviews and very reasonable price I thought I had nothing to lose by trying this- turns out I had my clean, clear skin to lose!

This felt great upon first application but within 2-3 days my skin was terrible and this was the only thing I'd changed.

It's heavily perfumed which may be part of the problem. It's also fantastic at clogging pores. It feel like it sinks in nicely letting skin breathe but in hindsight I think it just firms a barrier over the skin.

Feels like a primer more than anything. A few people said they moisturise over the top of this, I don't know how because it feels to me like this puts a shield on my face.

I finished the bottle on my legs as a moisturiser and even then it wasn't great. Shame, because it's quite affordable.

This product got excellent reviews on Paula's Choice. Seeing it on sale prompted me to give it a try. I am reviewing the Fragrance Free version - which has the faintest of fragrance!!

I have used many serums- often expensive. I dislike the feel of oil based serums, prefer the feel of more water based serums- but these leave me feeling like 'its not quite enough'.

I was shocked how much better my skin was after a days use. After a week some prominent lines were really softened and my skin smoother and more hydrated. I had to go an purchase another bottle for me and some as gifts.

The packaging is functional with good control- (its not beautiful).
The serum is a gloopy consistency that glides on easily- the silicone effect. It is non irritating and does not leave a shine.
It layers well with all my moisturisers and makeup- even behaves with stubborn Nars Sheer Matte thank goodness.

For those who might be wondering why they should use a serum and want to try one and do not want to spend a load of money- try this. Its excellent and it will lead you down a happy garden path!!

on 8/4/2014 4:59:00 PM

This seems to be my go to product. I keep trying other stuff, and keep coming back to this. For me, this serum give me a nice amount of moisture, while not overwhelming my skin. It feels good under either an SPF cream, or other moisturiser, or I can simply wear it under makeup alone.
I pick this up at Costco, which makes the cost even lower.
Unless I find a much better product, I think I'll keep going back to this time and time again.

on 7/30/2014 12:52:00 PM

I really love this product & have been using it for years, & will continue to keep using it. I have extremely dry skin, & I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but it seems like thick, rich creams don't absorb into my skin very well, even if I've just exfoliated. Like what will happen with thick creams is that I'll apply it, yet my face still would feel tight & uncomfortable despite having moisturizer on top, & it could be several hours later & if I'd wipe my skin, there would be like an excess film that would ball up. That doesn't happen with Olay Regenerist Serum. It's thin and lightweight, but at the same time it's very moisturizing. Like with other creams I'd often apply it, then have to reapply it a little while later, but I don't have to do that with this serum, & it absorbs fully into my skin. The best place to purchase it if you can is at Sam's or Costco, places like that, because they sell a large size 3.4 oz bottle of it for about $28, so it's way cheaper than at drug or grocery stores. I personally prefer the fragrance-free version.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this on my brow furrow for over a year and I see no change. I do like the texture and feel of it though.

on 6/3/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, but for whatever reason it made my skin red, itchy, and broke me out. it got excellent reviews on Paula's Choice though. I was looking for a new serum to help my then moisturizer absorb into my skin better, but this... wow... no. I had to wash it off right away.

This is advertised as an anti-aging product though and I am only 25. So perhaps this was a mistake on my part purchasing something that was not entirely meant for my age group. I was not crazy about the consistency of the product either. It did not seem to absorb into my skin right away, and I have some very dry areas on my face. I also wish that the bottle was made of glass instead of plastic.

Well, I guess they all can't be winners. Too bad.

I randomly tried this again and had a totally different experience. I've ben using this for a few months now and I find that it has actually improved the quality of my skin. It doesn't instantly hydrate my skin, but it helps. I love that it is fragrance free and makes my skin soft, but it still doesn't have that love factor. I am on the fence on whether or not to repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)