October 21, 2014 | 2078 users online

Eyes - The Body Shop - Eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Laurenxoxox0

I bought this at a party I went too. Was excited to receive. But very disappointed. Very small for the price I had paid. I thought for £8 it would be a good size but it was very tiny. The pigment isnt that strong either. Was very disappointed with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by sassysisters

I think these have been reformulated since most of these reviews have been written. they have a great selection of shadows, and they are as soft as butter! I love the shade amethyst, especially- apurple blue color that makes my blue eyes pop! I prefer these over my sephora eyeshadow palette or mac single eyeshadow because of their creamy texture. thje pigmentation is also great, not too crazy but still vibrant. I would love to expand my collection of these eyeshadows in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jlmc8

surprised me . i really liked it. i never thought their eyeshadows would be that good. the pigment is nice and strong and stays very well. i'm pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, I don't know where the previous posters are getting their shadows from (I'm in NZ) but I bought 4 of these recently and I think they are superb. I got #37, a medium shimmery pink. #42, a deep metallic shade that looks like a cross between navy and slate grey in the pan but goes on a deep purple blue shimmer. #43 a glittery deep dark forest green frost and #44 a medium greeny gold shimmer. All are very pigmented, apply smoothly and blend beautifully. Lasts hours without creasing.
I admit the packing is a bit annoying to get into - the lid has a little catch to click "open" but you still have to get a fingernail in there to lever it open.
But the product is awesome. Just wish the range was bigger!
EDIT - Lots of fallout from the dark green shade in particular. Not uncommon with glittery shades but still a bit annoying.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by gracie0310

I was SOOOOOO disappointed with this (Eyeshadow in sunshine gold from the spring/summer 2009 line). I saw the advert for it and thought it looked absolutely beautiful, and as my colouring is not disimilar to the models i thought ide give it a go. Not happy, the colour is nothing like it is on the model, going on very wishy washy and taking a million layers to get a decent colour. I even tried putting a gold creme eyeshadow underneath to give it abit of base colour to build on but it was having none of it. Maybe i was naive in thinking it wud look at all like the models but tbh i cant understand how the MU artist got it to look like that. Really disappointed, however the only reason ive given it a 2 is that it would be ok used as a base for other shadows to be layered on top.
P.s - If anyone reads this and has managed to get it to look like it does in the picture PLEASE let me know, i hate buying makeup only for it to sit in my drawer unused.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mango65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

losusy. i had this eyeshadow in #22 (a deep purple), but it is not pigmented at all. half of maybelline's dirt cheap eyeshadows, for thrice the price.
i don't get why people even buy from the body shop. last time my mom got an eye cream there, she got rashes so bad she had to go see a doctor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2003 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice shades-but they have NO PIGMENT! Good texture and blendability too, but the lack of colour is awful. These definitely are not worth their price. I won't get them again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2003 8:49:00 PM More reviews by proserpine9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Body Shop recently revamped their 'Colourings' makeup line but the makeup quality is now one of the worst I've ever tried. I naively purchased their "new" eyeshadow color in 'Golden Khaki' thinking I'd be getting a soft shimmery greenish gold but wound up with a putrid "snot green" color. Overpriced, flat, boring without a single ounce of staying power. You want to know the worst? I must have broken a few nails trying to pry that impossible-to-open container!!! Thank God for refunds!