April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Hair - Sebastian - Cellophanes - Clear

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this, it really makes your hair perfect, soft and shiny.

I use alot of heat on my hair, so it really needs this. I used to get it at done at a salon, but I don't have as much time as I used to, so I did buy this online and now I do it myself at home. It saves driving and parking time, and costs less, of course.

If you have the time it's worth it! When I don't have the time to use this I use John Frieda Clear Shine luminous glaze in the shower, which works great, too, but if you have the time to wash your hair, then blow dry your hair in a plastic cap for 20 min., then wash your hair again, which is what it takes, then this does work the best. It's great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only done this treatment in the salon once, but got the incredible results. None of the hair masks or deep treatments let me achieved the same shine and texture improvement. My dry, brittle, this hair are shine and full of life. I have already purchased 4 tubes to use at home, because I know I will keep using it forever. Will also go to the hair salon to repeat it once more before trying it myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by gmete001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Haitian with long dark hair. I've always taken care of my hair and like to try new things which brought me to henna. I did it a few times and although I love the benefits to my hair but it changed my texture. It made it more prone to tangling.
After being advised by my favorite hairstylist to try Sebastian cellophane instead of henna for the conditioning properties and color without the tangles, I FELL IN LOVE!!! My hair no longer tangles, it is very shinny, and manageable. I have bra strap hair length which I love to wear free and cellophane gave me my hair back. I like the Red Red and the dark brunette. I will never go back!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really not a fan, I purchased this to apply over my dyed brown hair... which has been getting darker and darker and darker...until i did a bleach shampoo (see robert craig haircolor advice) which helped lighten... but dried me out... SO i thought the cellophanes would help smooth things out. I applied a week after my most recent coloring (robert craig 1/2 dark ash 1/2 light ash) and i feel like it oxidized the color. i'm looking redder than i normally do... one week after a color. i'm also noticing that the roots that are grey... didn't take the color this time... and i'm wondering if maybe the cellophane might have contributed to that.

SO... I'm going to wait another three weeks to redo the roots. I don't want to do too many things at once...y'know?

I'm not going to do the cellophane next time so I can compare.

At this point, I'm not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by tthurmond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for several years - Clear and Honey Blonde. I definitely liked it better before they reformulated it. I used to say, 'I can't live without this; it gives my hair the most beautiful shine and healthy smooth texture!!!". (5 Lipsticks). In fact I was in hyper panic mode during the time they had stopped producing the old formulation but had not yet distributed the new one.

Since the reformulation, I've noticed it doesnt give as much shine (still adds shine but not as much as before), and the color (honey blonde) doesnt seem to deposit as much color and protein as before. (4 Lipsticks). In fact, I had discovered that the colored ones were more effective than the clear because they seemed to fill in the "holes" of my porous hair.

Used to be: INCREDIBLE, HEALTHY SHINE AND SMOOTHNESS
Now: Still a useful product to add shine and smoothness to my hair and I havent found anything that rivals it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by DreamsofShoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I use it right after I get my hair cut and it makes it especially shiny, and seals the cuticle so that my hair stays healthy longer between cuts. I think they reformulated (or maybe just repackaged) it a couple years ago, but I have been using it since before that. It is fantastic stuff. Someone mentioned that it needs heat, but I never use heat with it and I still get compliments on how shiny my hair is afterward. I put on a shower cap when I use it, so maybe the heat from my head is enough. I would definitely recommend for long hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by christietx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product. Unlike many shine products this one doesn't use silicones to create a shine. Instead, it's loaded with proteins. You do need to use heat to seal this into your hair.

This product leaves my hair soft and incredibly shiny. I've tried lots of conditioners, but I always go back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The original and the best! I remember getting the professional Sebastian Cellophanes treatments in the salon 20+ years ago. I remember how shiny my hair was after one of those treatments. I recently rediscovered this (now called "Colourshines") and love that I can just buy a bottle and use it at home!

As others have mentioned, you have to apply it generously...then wrap your head tight as can be with saran wrap. I don't have the patience to stand and point the blowdryer at my head for 20 straight minutes, so I do it in 5 minute intervals (heat for two minutes, take a break, repeat) My head gets so hot inside the saran wrap that the heat stays intact during that time. If you have a bonnet dryer it would be much easier! (do they even make those anymore? LOL). Rinse out and shampoo...voila! Shiny glossy hair!

I have tried all those drugstore shine treatments and they were all worthless. Sebastian Cellophanes is still the gold standard. Each treatment lasts me about a month before I need it again. It is expensive (around US$25 for 8oz.) but you will get 6-8 uses out of it, depending on your hair length. That makes it a bargain overall.
continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mascarafiend

I just tried this for the first time, and I really liked it. I used the clear, and it definitely made my hair shinier, and improved the texture. I only left it on for 15 minutes (under a dryer). I think next time I might leave it on a little longer to see if I can get more shine. Suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Been using this in clear for years-twice a month. i get my hair professionally colored once a month, do this treatment 1 day after color and then two weeks later. Great shine! You have to put in through evenly and use saran wrap tightly sealing your entire hair area and the dryer must be as hot as you can tolerate. stay under dryer at least 15 minutes and you will see results. better than any glazing done at salon and cheaper. fills in and seals hair cuticle. I sometimes first do a protein treatment then i use this. have repurchased many, many times and will continue.