April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Conditioner - Rusk - Sensories Smoother Leave-in Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by moshydosh

I also bought this a little over a year ago due to a YouTube video I watched. I love the gel-cream texture and the light fresh floral scent. It's not expensive at all considering how little product you need and the sheer amount of it you get. I apply it right out of the shower on towel dried hair from about the ears down and rake the last of it onto the tops a little bit. It works for me whether I air dry or blow dry. If I air dry it gives me a soft textured look as it brings out more of my wave pattern and if I blow dry it makes it sleek, shiny, soft, and yet full of body. It's a major plus that it has sun protection in it as well. I have tried many leave-in conditioners and this one is one of my favorites for sure. Others make my hair too sleek and too straight but this one manages to add body and control to my styles almost like a style prep. Also, with my amount of hair I go through bottles and bottles of leave-ins super fast but this one is almost never-ending! It's also versatile: sometimes I like to use it as a styling product to scrunch for frizz control and more definition and texture on my air dried hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by haleypetrillose

I watched a video on YouTube and a girl was raving about this product. I'm a hair product junkie so I figured i would give it a try. I found it at Marshall's for 6.99 so I couldn't pass it up. After I shower I spray a little bit of my leave in conditioner and then I apply a pea size amount to my ends! My hair has never felt so soft, and when I blow dry it and flat iron it feels so amazing. I also feel like this product can help with dry time. I highly recommend this product. And it'll last forever, a little bit goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I have fine hair, down to my shoulders, letting color grow out. I was looking for something to protect my hair from my everyday blow drying habit. I read great reviews about this and decided to try it. I just can't get the hang of how to use it! I tried a pea size amount on my towel dried ends and my hair felt creamy and gross all day. I diluted a table spoon of it in 1/4 cup water in a spray bottle and sprayed it on my hair. It left my hair soft and shiny but did nothing for the frizz. Don't think it was worth $12. Maybe I'll try it as a regulate conditioner in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best leave-in conditioners I have tried. Leaves hair super smooth and shiny. It also contains sunscreen so it protects hair from sun too. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It made my hair feel really nice, and it seemed to tame the frizzies (I have curly hair). The smell is wonderful! When I was out of this kind, I actually bought the kind specifically for colored hair, which is good, but the texture is more runny and the smell isn't as yummy, but its still nice. Overall, this is a great leave-in conditioner. Not too heavy and does a good job.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Isane

I saw a YouTube video a while back from someone who adored this product. I just happened to come across a HUGE bottle of it on sale for $10 so I just had to give it a try. At first I did not like the product. I thought it made my hair feel waxy, tangled and greasy. I buried it in the bathroom closet for months but then I decided to give it another shot. I've grown to like this product, but it took a while to figure out what works best for my hair. First of all, I only apply this if I'm washing my hair in the morning. I don't know why, but if I wash my hair at night, then apply this, it becomes waxy and tangled, impossible to deal with in the morning. Another thing is that I find it works better if I blow dry my hair. If I let my hair air dry, again, it get's waxy and tangled. You really only need the tiniest amount, a dime-sized squirt is more than enough. And make sure to only apply to the very ends of your hair, and only on damp hair. Otherwise it's a greasy mess. When used properly it really makes my hair soft, smooth and shiny :) So overall, I'm satisfied with the product now that I've figured out what works best for my hair type. But it definitely is a finicky product and I don't use it everyday for that reason. I only use it every few days, I use a regular conditioner the rest of the time. I'm pretty sure I will not have to repurchase for a looooooong time. I've been using the 1L for a year now and I've barely made a dent in it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

I absolutely love this product. I use it every time my hair starts to feel like straw. I wash and blow dry my hair every single day (I know I'm not supposed to but my hair feels gross if I don't), so it's pretty damaged. If I use my flat iron like 3 days in a row, my hair will feel like straw on the 4th day (even though I use a heat protectant). However, after I use Rusk's Smoother my hair is super soft and smooth and will stay that way until I over-use my flat iron again. It really is a miracle product. I love it and recommend it to anyone with dry damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by simi531

I have a HUGE bottle of this that I got at marshalls a while ago for 9.99. I like this stuff..a lot! It is very thick for a leave in conditioner and almost looks like you could use it as a rinse out if your hair is fine or normal. I find that just putting in a dime size amount to the midshaft down is the way to go. I have also found that it helps soooo much more with detangling if I put this in while my hair is damp and then put my hair up in a towel for a few mins (or more) to let it really soak in. When I take off the towel my hair is so much easier to comb through. I have also mixed this with water in a spray bottle and used it as a light leave in detangler..works great that way too. I am finding many uses for it b/c the bottle is so big that i may go bald b4 I actually use it all up! Anyway, another surprise keeper from Rusk!..so glad they carry them at Marshalls and TJMAXX. Idk if I would have tried their products at full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by amethyst26

This product is a life saver for my hair. Leaves my hair soft, silky, light, totally conditioned and looking and feeling healthy. This is by far the best condtioner I have experienced, its was recommended by my hairdresser and it is perfect. My hair is relaxed very long and straight so the large size is so convenient for me..Love love love this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ElishiaMarie6682

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST leave-in conditioner hands down! I have overprocessed, dry and fine hair. I was worried it would feel weighed down but not at all. This stuff transforms my hair! I <3 Rusk!