Carmex Lip Balm

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 8/28/2015 5:28:00 AM

When I first apply it, the Carmex makes my lips tingle for 5-10 minutes and then coming the cooling effect whichimmediately comfort my chapped lip skin. The fact is that it is incredible moisturizing and it won’t hurt your pocket either. However, when used under lipsticks, it dramatically reduces the staying power of lipsticks. So let it become the only “hero” on your lips. Here is the review and recommend about some others lip balm tube! http://www.peaklips.com/lip-balm-tubes-review/ Just go and find your love one!

on 8/24/2015 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Carmex has been a staple for me since I was in high school. I love the smell and most of all I love how soft it makes my lips. No other lip balm has worked as well as this one, not even Vaseline. If my lips are getting really chapped Carmex works a treat and it's always floating about in my handbag.

Remember that it doesn't have any sun protection in it so be careful if you're using this during the day. Your lips need to be protected too so layer over a lip balm with sunscreen in it if you're out and about. Also, it has camphor in so don't put it on broken or red skin - it'll burn like the Dickens. I made the mistake of putting it under my poor red nose when I had a cold like I do with Vaseline. Ouchy mama. Don't do it.

Carmex also works really well on cuticles as an intensive moisturiser. Great product and I'll always have it!

I adore Carmex. It is one of the only products I immediately repurchase right away as soon as I finish it (and one of the few products I actually use up all the way). It just works for me.

I apply it at bedtime and always wake up with soft lips. I also like to apply it several minutes before putting on lipstick (for example, Carmex works great under Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks).

And the smell. I actually love the way it smells. I love the medicinal with a hint of vanilla scent. Call me crazy but I love it and find it comforting.

I only like the original, the other "flavors" (cherry, lime, vanilla etc) I don't really care for. But I've been using Carmex for years and will always keep some in my purse and on my bedside table.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have read a few of the below reviews and have been quite surprised by the negativity surrounding this product. I, personally, have not had an issue with it.

I suffer from very dry lips that constantly crack and I have to rip off the skin.. Sounds horrible, and yet I haven't been able to find a lip balm to help this, apart from cold sore cream but I can't be getting around with white lips now.

My mum gave me this one day and I love it. This works great in winter, softens my lips straight away & over time I have noticed a difference.

I now carry this with me at all times and try to apply every day, some times I forget..

on 8/9/2015 11:14:00 AM

Really cheap and works well! I put this on before bed and it is very moisturizing. I wouldn't repurchase this though because Vaseline works the same and it's cheaper to just have a tub of that rather than buy individual lip products.

on 8/6/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree with the previous reviewer. I hate this stuff. It's basically Vaseline (petrolatum) with camphor (an irritant) and menthol (another irritant), and it has an awful smell. I knew someone who always carried this junk around and swore by it. He'd stick his finger in it (without washing his hands) and apply and then magnanimously pass it around and share his germs with everyone. And guess what? If he had a cold, everyone caught it. And everyone smelled like camphor and menthol. And you may wonder what the F phenol is.

According to thefreedictionary.com

phenol [fenol]
1. an extremely poisonous compound, used in dilute solution as an antimicrobial, anesthetic, and antipruritic. Ingestion or absorption through the skin causes symptoms including colic, local irritation, corrosion, seizures, cardiac arrhythmias, shock, and respiratory arrest. Phenol should be properly labeled and stored to avoid accidental poisoning. Called also carbolic acid. [Carbolic is where they get the name CAR-mex.]

Carmex has a warning: Apply to lips not more than 3 to 4 times daily.

[BECAUSE THIS IS BAD FOR YOU.]

While the petrolatum, beeswax, lanolin (which is basically sheep fat), mineral oil and cocoa butter will lock in moisture, Aquaphor (petrolatum) is better because it doesn't contain irritants. Vaseline lip balm is better, too. Burt's Bees lip balm is better than this. Anything that doesn't contain poison is better. And you can find vegan lip balms if that's your thing.

INGREDIENTS:

Camphor1.7% , Menthol0.7% , Phenol0.4%

Inactive Ingredients

Petrolatum , Lanolin , Cetyl Esters , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter , Mineral Oil , Beeswax , Flavor, Salicylic Acid (exfoliant)

The Skin Deep Database rated this a "moderate" overall hazard based on ingredients. Other HIGH concerns: Multiple, additive exposure sources, Miscellaneous, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Occupational hazards, Persistence and bioaccumulation;
Other MODERATE concerns: Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs); Other LOW concerns: Enhanced skin absorption, Data gaps, Ecotoxicology

on 8/6/2015 8:31:00 AM

I cannot stand the scent of this product. I do not think it moisturizes better than many other products that are more natural and smell a lot better. Do not let the drugstore price fool you.

The best lip cream out there. Doesn't make your lips addicted and softens dry skin immediately.

on 8/5/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess for cold sores it might work. But for chapped lips I dislike. It makes my lips feel oily and gross.

on 7/17/2015 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, it is by far the best lip balm I've ever used. It is my saviour on cold winter days and literally smoothes my lips instantly after being applied. Also it lasts ages! The only downside is that it doesn't taste or smell particularly nice but to be honest this does not bother me as the product itself is fantastic and does the job.

Popular Lip Treatments