Carmex Lip Balm

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 4/15/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely one of the best lip balm/treatments I've used. I have repurchased this over 10 times.
I like to use this at night to nourish my lips. It has a tingling and cooling feeling when you apply it which I enjoy. Makes my lips look smooth and plump!
I dont mind the packaging, but it's not hygienic dipping your finger in it and applying it to your lips. They do have a squeezy tube one which is good, but I'd prefer if the applicator was slanted like the new Day & Night Chapstick.

on 4/14/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have suffered with eczema in my hand and face for ages causing my lips to become very dry. I tried all the expensive ones and the cheap ones but nothing worked. I bought this while looking for blistex medplus which had worked previously, I used this and within 24 hours the dryness had gone and my lips were smooth and moisturized. great product, good price and I love the tingly sensation that it gives when you first apply. the smell isn't really nice but it works so I'm not going to stop using it over the one minor negative. :)

i LOVE this product, this is one of the only lip balms i use that can totally change my lips from dry and chapped to soft and moisturised in less than a day with only a few uses, and its so cheap. my favourite is the cherry one though but i will definitely continue using this

Only lip balm that works for my very dry lips. I've tried pretty much all the drug store and different department stores lipbalms, nothing work as well as Carmex. The packaging is not extraordinary, it looks a little tacky but you can't beat the price!

I have the tubes and the sticks. The tube is much more moisturizing, but it leaves a shiny finish, almost like wearing a lip gloss and there is no SPF. The stick has SPF in it, which is a plus, it is a little less moisturizing than the tube but leaves a matte, natural finish (great for guys). I don't buy the jars, it's hard to get the product out of the little pot and not very sanitary or convenient.

I recently finished my Accutane treatment and Carmex lip balms were a life saver during the course of the treatment.

BEST LIP BALM ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET

I bought this because in the fall my lips started getting super flaky, and because I'd started chewing them. So I had these raw, bloody lips and it was just gross. I can't stand Blistex, and I'd never used Carmex before, so I thought "oh, why not". Best why-not decision I have ever made. This is magical. No seriously.

The most amazing part about this stuff is that the ingredients are so simple. There's nothing icky. There are no parabens in this, and it actually has an expiry date (I like that in products). It's mostly petrolatum, cocoa butter, and beeswax. It's quite minty and cool feeling on lips, but it's not irritating. Surprisingly soothing on severely raw lips.

Weird, but - this works wonders for flaky lips because it has salicylic acid in it. So... it eats the flakes off your lips. But in the most soothing way possible. This makes your lips super smooth.

Ah it's just perfect. And it's very cheap. Best best best

on 4/3/2015 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG lip balm. The one and only lip balm I've used for years. Forget the fancy ones and get this basic one.

on 3/31/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have never liked the twist-up tube version of this, but the pot and the squeeze tube are both really nice. they are perfect to use in the wintertime or whenever your lips are super dry/chapped. it has a nice consistency and feels good on the lips. i don't really mind the smell although i can understand why some people would be bothered by it. the cherry flavor smells better than the original and works the same way!

on 3/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This felt good on my lips but did nothing for my super dry lips it just felt minty. Vaseline did a better job.

on 3/14/2015 8:17:00 PM

Oh my lips, nothing else seems to work. The one in the pot is a better consistency than the tube - its slightly thicker and seems more moisturising. I adore this stuff! I think the smell is like marmite; some hate it or love it. I like it but i have been using it forever and so it doesn't bother me anymore - it is quite fragrant and does have a very unique scent. It lasts forever so for its price it is well worth it. Definitely will continue to repurchase!

on 3/13/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used to be addicted to this stuff because of the cooling sensation on first application, however my lips never actually felt moisturized. There would be temporary relief, but soon enough I would have to apply again and again. This turned into a pretty vicious cycle that I've only now realized I went through after discovering lip balms that really really work for me.

Overall, Carmex feels really nice but didn't do too much for me in the long run.

Popular Lip Treatments