Carmex Lip Balm

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok firstly this is not going to be a bad review because this product is amazing but it has some cons too. The one I use is the Cherry Camex with SPF 15 and the smell is a sickly sweet smell of cherries. The formula is buttery and it has the "melt on your lips" effect. Sometimes when I forget to put this on my lips get badly cracked and after I decide to be good for a couple of days and apply it twice a day my lips go back to normal again. The only problem I have been having with this lip balm is breakouts around my lip and chin area. Now I am not a 100% sure if it's the lip balm or my hormones so I ordered a vegan lip balm to see if it makes a difference in my breakouts. I find that when I apply the Carmex before bed and wake up the next morning I find little whiteheads on my chin. I am guessing that it transfers from my lips to my chin area in the night hence the breakouts. But overall this is a perfect lip balm for chapped or cracked lips.

on 5/3/2015 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally after much searching on my part I have found a comprehensive and moisturising lip balm that works wonders! Believe me when I say I have tried every lip balm under the sun; from pawpaw ointment, to Vaseline and Himalayan rock salt balm, EVERYTHING. Now though my search is over, I have found Carmex. It providers a nice and thick lather, lasts for hours and actually does something in the long run, not just providing momentary relief from my chronic winter, dry lips. I have put a tube everywhere; In the car, in my purse, at home, at school, ETC. Defiantly recommend buying it as it works well and is super cheap and affordable...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Oh... MY... GOSH!!!
I have finally found a lip balm better than ChapStick and Vaseline brands.... Unbelievable!
A week or so before my period for some reason my lips always start to dry up and get super painful. They get so dry, they start to crack. I used to make a mixture of ChapStick and Vitamin E oil to help them out but it rarely ever works 100%. I used this ONCE you guys, and the pain was relieved and my lips feel so soft and moisturized it is unbelievable. I got three for $3 today at Walgreens so if anyone wants to buy this at a bargain price, now you know where to get them. Recommend completely.

on 4/15/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely one of the best lip balm/treatments I've used. I have repurchased this over 10 times.
I like to use this at night to nourish my lips. It has a tingling and cooling feeling when you apply it which I enjoy. Makes my lips look smooth and plump!
I dont mind the packaging, but it's not hygienic dipping your finger in it and applying it to your lips. They do have a squeezy tube one which is good, but I'd prefer if the applicator was slanted like the new Day & Night Chapstick.

on 4/14/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have suffered with eczema in my hand and face for ages causing my lips to become very dry. I tried all the expensive ones and the cheap ones but nothing worked. I bought this while looking for blistex medplus which had worked previously, I used this and within 24 hours the dryness had gone and my lips were smooth and moisturized. great product, good price and I love the tingly sensation that it gives when you first apply. the smell isn't really nice but it works so I'm not going to stop using it over the one minor negative. :)

i LOVE this product, this is one of the only lip balms i use that can totally change my lips from dry and chapped to soft and moisturised in less than a day with only a few uses, and its so cheap. my favourite is the cherry one though but i will definitely continue using this

Only lip balm that works for my very dry lips. I've tried pretty much all the drug store and different department stores lipbalms, nothing work as well as Carmex. The packaging is not extraordinary, it looks a little tacky but you can't beat the price!

I have the tubes and the sticks. The tube is much more moisturizing, but it leaves a shiny finish, almost like wearing a lip gloss and there is no SPF. The stick has SPF in it, which is a plus, it is a little less moisturizing than the tube but leaves a matte, natural finish (great for guys). I don't buy the jars, it's hard to get the product out of the little pot and not very sanitary or convenient.

I recently finished my Accutane treatment and Carmex lip balms were a life saver during the course of the treatment.

BEST LIP BALM ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET

I bought this because in the fall my lips started getting super flaky, and because I'd started chewing them. So I had these raw, bloody lips and it was just gross. I can't stand Blistex, and I'd never used Carmex before, so I thought "oh, why not". Best why-not decision I have ever made. This is magical. No seriously.

The most amazing part about this stuff is that the ingredients are so simple. There's nothing icky. There are no parabens in this, and it actually has an expiry date (I like that in products). It's mostly petrolatum, cocoa butter, and beeswax. It's quite minty and cool feeling on lips, but it's not irritating. Surprisingly soothing on severely raw lips.

Weird, but - this works wonders for flaky lips because it has salicylic acid in it. So... it eats the flakes off your lips. But in the most soothing way possible. This makes your lips super smooth.

Ah it's just perfect. And it's very cheap. Best best best

on 4/3/2015 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG lip balm. The one and only lip balm I've used for years. Forget the fancy ones and get this basic one.

on 3/31/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have never liked the twist-up tube version of this, but the pot and the squeeze tube are both really nice. they are perfect to use in the wintertime or whenever your lips are super dry/chapped. it has a nice consistency and feels good on the lips. i don't really mind the smell although i can understand why some people would be bothered by it. the cherry flavor smells better than the original and works the same way!

Popular Lip Treatments