December 23, 2014 | 1536 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Lip Balm

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chelseavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since middle school and i am now a senior in college. This is definitely my HG product. I keep the Jar next to my bed at night, keep one in my car, purse, and i use the squeezy tubes by itself or before i apply color. I've tried to branch out, trying Baby lips, chapsticks, EOS lip balm, NOPE, i ALWAYS go back to this. And at my job people who forget their chapsticks always knows i have carmex handy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought two tubes of the Original Carmex to try as I had run out of my usual Mac Lip Conditioner and wasn't planning on going to Mac any time soon. My initial thoughts were positive, I liked the consistency and also the tingly feeling it gives you when applied. It also feels moisturising on the lips and I like the hygienic tube packaging.

However, after using it for around a month or so, I'm not that impressed. My lips are still feeling dry and the other night whilst sleeping part of my lip actually split a little. Obviously my lips are suffering because of the really cold weather we are having over here in London at the moment, but when I was using my Mac Lip Conditioner religiously, this never happened. I'm off to Mac later on this week and will be buying back ups so that I don't have to continue using the Carmex. Good job it's cheap (around 2 pounds) so I didn't waste too much money. X

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by blush900

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not very impressed with this product. Isn't very hydrating or moisterizing. There are other products I like much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip balm. I use this religiously. I buy 5 at a time. One for every room of my house. It tastes forever, makes my lips feel amazing and I don't really mind the smell. I catch my husband using this all the time as well. Each pot is 2.00 and they last 6 months and that's me apply it 10 times a day. I seriously think I may be addicted to this. I will never stop buying this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is my go to winter lip balm. I use the one in the squeeze tube. It works great and lasts forever on the lips. It's cheap and the packaging is nice. However, the taste is horrible. Menthol car lube. It actually bothers me a lot but not enough to stop using it. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was afraid to try this at first. Mainly because ot is somewhat medicinal but a brand i dont recognize. I could not find blistex so i got this. My lips get really dry in the winter. This does moisturize them and soothes the burning feeling that can come with chapped lips, it does have a medicinal smell to it tough.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by emzo889

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually quite like this - I'll continue buying it because of the cheap price. I have severely dry lips all year round that, no matter what I put on them, continually stay extremely flaky, sore and chapped. This product has helped to keep the dryness at bay and has made my lips softer and smoother. That said, it only has this effect if I continually apply it, many times throughout the day, and my lips will still get slightly dry throughout the day, but it's a good lip balm to make my lips appear less dry in the short-term. The con is the fact that it's a pot, which can get quite messy and unhygienic. Although the taste and smell isn't the nicest ever, it's certainly not unpleasant and I don't mind it at all. Overall, this would work really effectively for people with slightly dry lips, and for my clinically dry lips this is the best thing I've used to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Dreeamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this is so much, carmex is the best lip balm! waay better than the maybelline lip balms in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I've worn Carmex lip balm as long as I can remember. I like & trust the brand so much I actually have the classic jars, squeezable tubes, & the lip balm sticks. I even have the Cherry & Strawberry flavors! Regardless of what packaging or flavor you like, it's one of the best products you can use. I personally don't use it to treat cold sore symptoms; I get dry, chapped lips easily & this is what I use to treat that. Carmex is what I use most frequently during the summer & winter months. I'm a sucker for anything mentholated because I like the tingling feeling it leaves. The only "con," is its containing petrolatum because I don't like anything greasy on my lips, but it's why it's so long-lasting. Because it lasts so long, it's what I use to moisturize & soothe my lips overnight—if I put it on before I go to sleep, it'll still be on after I wake up in the morning. For $1 or 2, it's an amazing lip balm &/or cold sore treatment. I definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sbushby

i love carmex lipbalm. i'm the kind of person who buys pretty much every lipbalm ever in search of the perfect one! whenever my lips are super dry i always use carmex. i thought PawPaw ointment was the holy grail of lip balms, but for me, this is much better than that. the smell neither bothers me or pleases me. even if it did bother me, i think i'd still use it because nothing makes me lips feel like Carmex does. i rated the packaging as a 5, purely because i have the tube and not the little pot, so its perfect.