October 22, 2014 | 1119 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have used several "Moroccan Oil" and "Argan Oil" products (I put those words in quotations because if you look at the ingredients on any of these products, you'll usually find 'cones listed first), and Garnier's Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil is one of my favorites.

This stuff cuts down on the frizz, and makes my hair feel so much softer and silkier. Which is great, but what I really love is that it cuts my hair's drying time. Seriously.

I have no idea why, but when I apply this product to towel-dried hair, my hair seems to dry more quickly, no matter whether I let it dry on its own or blow-dry it. I have long, medium-thick naturally curly (and very spongy) hair that takes forever to dry, and most leave-in conditioners or styling products seem to make my hair take even longer to dry, including other serum/oil products, such as Silk Drops or anything from the John Frieda line. Again, I have no explanation for why this product would speed my hair's drying time, but anecdotally, it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Rana11

This product is great! I have very fine hair, so I was afraid that this will be too heavy and greasy. I usually buy the expensive Moroccan Oil brand - I can confirm that this is very similar, but much cheaper and well worth it! Just make sure to use one drop of it as it is enough. I use it on wet and dry hair, both give great results. Last year, we decided to go to Punta Cana for 7 days vacation and as usual, I swam in the ocean everyday for hours, which would usually dry my hair, but I brought this with me on the beach and put it on everytime I would get out of water and I received so many compliments on how shiny and healthy looking my hair was! Also, I can't get enough of the nice smell, my bf always compliments me on how my hair smells good!

This is by far, one of the best drug store products I tried! I will never give that much money on the Moraccan Oil brand again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PMAR

I use this on wet hair before blow drying and after flat ironing for a polished, sleeker look. I use a dime size amount ( a little more on wet hair) and the results are amazing. Perfect, sleek, no frizz, manageable and touchable soft. A little goes a long way, so be careful when using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! I've always been a fan (I'm on my second bottle now) but after this past weekend I am even more impressed!

I dyed my hair, and left the hair dye in for too long, so my hair ended up near black, not the bright red I was wanting. My friend bleached it and brought it back to the bright red I had in mind, but it left my hair extremely dry (surprise surprise).

As soon as I got home, I made a beeline for the bathroom and grabbed this little orange bottle, and smothered my hair in it, to the point where it was a little greasy looking. I then wrapped my pillow with a towel and went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I showered like normal. Then I picked up the bottle again and put a quarter sized amount on the shaft and ends of my hair and braided it, letting it dry. My hair is perfectly healthy now! This stuff brought it back from the dead.

I find it makes my hair softer and shinier, and the waves from my overnight braids stay a lot better. My hair is less frizzy and easier to manage.

The price is amazing - it works just as well as the expensive brands. Why spend $15-$20 for a little bottle when you can spend around $5 for what is basically the same stuff?

The packaging could be better - it's quite leaky, and it's hard to close it without getting a little all over the cap. For the money you save, I can live with it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've already repurchased, and I will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im really surprised that this has argan oil higher up the ingredient list than the expensive brands that are also "argan oils" for hair etc.
This game my hair some shine- but not that glamour shiny hair! (I am still looking for something to make that miracle)
I have thick dry hand and it poofs up in humid east Texas and let me tell you that this oil completely tamed the poof.... no kidding.
It didn't give me the "sleek" look because I don't blow dry or iron my hair-but this looks pretty good like this! :O

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryLa

I loved this at first. The smell, how shiny and soft and smooth it made my hair. I didn't understand at the time that dimethicone and amodimethicone are just as bad for your hair as silicone. The build up. Oh, the build up. I was wondering why my hair, which is virgin to dyes and heat tools, was coming apart at the ends over the previous few months, much more than just your regular wear and tear split ends. And then I looked up the ingredients in my shampoo, conditioner, and treatments.
This was some time ago, and since then I did my research on different 'cones and oils. Still salvaging what I can of what was healthy hair, and is now only healthy halfway down the shaft, where I shampoo (I don't shampoo my ends, that would would be havoc).
This is fine to use very occasionally, but if used frequently, will build up in the ends of hair and cause breakage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by csmithsps

This stuff is amazing! This is definitely my HG hair treatment! I use it after I wash my hair while it's still damp and let it air dry and it makes my hair soft, smooth, and frizz free! The price is great! This little bottle is going to last me a very long time since I only need a couple of tiny drops. I have thick course hair and it tames my hair so it is more manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

My hair is frizzy, curly, and sometimes not manageable. I get a lot of straightening treatments out into my hair and those really do a hurting on my hair and scalp. The first time I used this, I out it in with no problems, it's light and not really greasy. I read that blonds need to watch out for the tint. You'll be fine. Even though I have brown hair I do have blond highlights and had no problems with color changing so don't worry. This is my holy grail. My curls are more defined, soft, and less frizzy. Please go buy this it's cheap and worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by moonshyne777

I was not expecting much from this, I tend to buy pricier hair products as my experience with cheapo products hasn't been great.

Well I'm pleased to say that this product is AMAZING! Hands down HG hair serum! I have long, thick, fine, misbehaving hair that's a bit dry and unruly with frizz. This stuff leaves my hair oh-so-soft, smooth and smells delicious!

Please give this stuff a try, I am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised and for under ten bucks it's a steal! I will definitely repurchase. I've only used it on dry hair do far. My hair "drank" this up and loved it. I'm going to try it on wet hair and experiment with a bit added into my conditioner. I'll update when I try that.

But a bit added to dry hair and worked in the length has done wonders to tame my long mane of hair and I can't get over how soft and silky my hair is after using this amazing product. Thank you Garnier!! This is a keeper :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaRane

This is one of my HG products. I decided my freshman year that I wanted to dye my whole head bright red. Instead of being patient and waiting to get it professionally done, I decided that a cheap box of hair dye from the drug store would have the same effect. In the end I had incredible damage to my hair. I ran to my local Walgreens and found this miracle product. I apply it twice while it's wet and then I apply again after it's about 70% dry. The results are always the same shiny, frizz-free hair. I will purchase again especially because of the price. Cheap yet effective.