July 30, 2014 | 2048 users online

Skincare - Face - St. Ives - Scrub Free Exfoliating Pads

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This caught my eye at the grocery store a few months ago, and it was cheap - on sale for $3.99 for 60 pads (Reg about $5 USD) which has lasted me almost two months. I've been using it almost daily rotating with other AHA products.

This is 2nd only to my other favourite AHA's (Avene Cleanance K & Alpha Hydrox or PC's - which are leave on glycolic acid creams or gels and I do notice a *more* significant difference using them). However - sometimes when I'm in a rush or do not want to use a leave-on lotion/gel product this is perfect because you just swipe them on like toner and then I wait 2 minutes before applying lotion. They are lactic acid based and do sting a slight bit the first few times but only for half a second, they are not as strong as some of the other stuff I use, but still do provide all the typical benefits I see with using AHA's: smoother, softer skin, helps with clogged pores (for me, others prefer BHA) and more even-toned skin. AHA's have also made a HUGE difference in the appearance of my neck, which was dry and dull - now my neck matches the smoothness and glowiness of my face - no flakes, no patchy looking skin.

The only cons for me are the scent and the lemon and orange extracts which tend to make my skin react but I haven't had any problems with this. The scent does tend to linger for a bit, even after it's dried on my skin and I've applied my cream - although it's not extremely unpleasant, sort of fruity/citrus-y but for me, I would prefer no scent or at least something that is mild and fades fast.

Overall this is a great option if you are looking for a chemical exfoliant at a very reasonable price, and each pad is saturated with enough liquid that I can use one to do my face and neck. I would definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by abigailrw

Cheap and effective. My skin can't really handle heavy exfoliation--I break out when I try to use BHAs or glycolic acid--but these work perfectly. I use one every night before bed, wait for it to dry, and then apply moisturizer, and my skin has never looked so smooth. Definitely recommended, especially for those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by weeble2491

Love this stuff! Its a great, gentle exfoliator that doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin since I've started using these scrubs. Just one word of caution, the active ingredients in this stuff can make your skin sensitive to the sun, so use them at night to avoid problems.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These did basically nothing. Hard to separate each pad off the other , thin, and saw no effect at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These little pads are amazing. I only use one a day as opposed to two. I have sensitive skin and one a day is perfect for me & have had no problems. I use them after I cleanse my face and then put on my Burst Bee's sensitive face lotion on my acne free areas and then my Clean & Clear Advantage oil absorbing treatment on my chin/jawline. My acne is hormonal and I have been told that break outs around the mouth and chin are indeed hormonal. My skin with this exact system has improved drastically. My daughter just tonight told me how good my skin looks. I haven't heard that in forever!
These are only five dollars for 60 and the pads are very saturated with product. My skin has less flakies and my foundation goes on nice and smooth. These can be hard to find. I looked online and my Target said there was a limited supply. I flew down there and there was one jar left! I swiped them up fast and will def re stock when I find more. Thanks St.Ives for such an amazing product at such an affordable price!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Benjamin5412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This unique chemical exfoliating pad worked amazing for my skin. It contains a few fruit acids in it to deeply exfoliate and cleanse the skin. It is a very refreshing product, I really do love it! It claims to be used twice a day which I follow and my skin feels and looks soft and smooth after each use. I will be continuing to repurchase. It is a really good product, try it out and see what it does for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

I have been wiping my face with these pads once or twice a day for about a couple of months now and I definitely plan on continuing to do so. They are gentle, but make a difference. It keeps my skin smooth and I personally love the smell. I believe they help me as far as breaking out less and overall they have helped the overall quality of my skin. They do exfoliate as promised. I will probably buy this product as long as they are available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an elegant and effective product and a great find! Wonderfully priced, these exfoliating pads seem to take care of the little flakies that occur sometimes. After using them, treatments seem to sink in a bit better. The pads are quite thin and a little difficult to get out of the jar but they disperse enough product per use just fine. The smell is not overwhelming and yet still attractive. Overall these are a good buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

If these little pads are doing anything for my skin, I don't see it. I realize they are gentle, but perhaps they are TOO gentle. I see no difference in my skin when I use these vs. when I don't, disappointing with all the rave reviews. On the plus side, they don't irritate or cause problems for me. I'm just disappointed that they don't seem to do ANYTHING. I much prefer First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads, more expensive but in this case you get what you pay for. I ended up throwing away what I didn't use, it was taking up space.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find these not particularly useful/helpful. I noticed little difference in my skin while using them regularly. Also the smell is awful, and it lingers. I made my fiance use them as well, and he liked them for oil control. The smell didn't bother him. I like how thin the pads are, but I dislike that because they're so thin it takes more effort to remove them from the jar. That's not a big deal, just something.
For him they work OK. For me not really at all.
I said I would repurchase because I have, but I don't think I will again.