L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 5/10/2015 8:13:00 PM

This is to die for!!!! Arggh, I cannot get over how glowy it is, even once you apply your foundation it still shows :)! I wear Double Wear and sometimes I find it abit cakey or dry - this changed all of that. I applied a pump on my face, then also apply just a small pump mixed with the double wear- HG! It just makes the whole look so different. Best $$ I've spent.

on 4/22/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is positively glowy! Such a small bottle for what I considered kind of expensive. I think $10 for this is a little extravagant. I could not afford to use this every day w such a tiny bottle lol!! You have to shake it up b4 using coz it can separate. I like the pump, it doesn't dispense too much once I got the hang of it, but that has disadvantages like if you pump out too much product you have to waste it (it's a learning curve how much to use too which can be a costly mistake at the beginning) & I'm not sure how to get out all of the last of the product (can the top be removed maybe somehow, I will have to check!). I use this w Loreal Lumi liquid foundation, Lumi concealer, & True Match powder. It is not necessary to use a highlight/illuminator for me coz I'm naturally oily. I don't think this prolongs the wear of the foundation/doesn't make it last any longer. I would reserve this for times when I won't be needing my foundation to last all day nor hot humid 95 degree summer days. The effect is beautiful but isn't long lasting. I need my makeup to last longer than 3-4 hours. :/ but the freshly applied look is gawjus like it would be gr8 for a candlelight dinner date or special occasions.

I purchased this because I heard it was a dupe for MAC's strobe cream which I once had a long term relationship with. I used it at first, by itself under my foundation. It looked nice but not really what I expected. The next day, I applied moisturizer before the magic lump and then applied my foundation. I do believe it gives a nice glow but, I really wasn't impressed with this product. I think it is a bit drying, even after using it on top of a moisturizer.

While I wouldn't repurchase this, I do believe it has a nice shimmer to it and I plan on using it as a luminizer on my high points after applying my foundation and powder.

on 4/11/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This primer makes my skin look so awake and glowing, i love it! Its not suppose to be a long lasting primer but i found it does last a good time on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When used alone under foundation, this makes my skin GLOW! I honestly look like an angel with softly lit skin! When mixed with a primer (MUA Mauve) the glow diminishes.
I need to use a primer in conjunction with my foundation because my skin will get all oily and the makeup will transfer :/ I wish this primer had MORE of a priming effect along with the glowy effect. Then it would be perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The consistency is runnier than I expected, but it applies evenly. Doesn't help your makeup last much longer, but does give a nice glow. Having oily skin I can only wear this on days when it's not too hot and I won't be wearing makeup for more than 6-8 hours before it starts to breakdown in lines.

on 3/31/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a wonderful drugstore version of my favorite primer ever, the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer. the magic lumi has more of a silvery sheen to it while the laura mercier one is golden, but they're still very similar. i really like this primer, honestly! it doesn't seem to do much for wear time but it definitely gives your skin a nice dewy glow that makes any foundation look awesome on top of it. i heard on youtube reviews that it was very runny for a primer but when i used it, it didn't seem any runnier than any other primer i've used before. personally, i think this is a great option for a primer if you're a fan of a glowing look.

on 3/30/2015 9:14:00 AM

I don't really care for dewy skin as an every day look, and this is all it does for me. I just feel kind of greasy and weird when I wear this, but I guess if I just use translucent powder on my t-zone I can use this with a light bb cream in the summer

on 3/6/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i love this product, i bought it because i have very dull looking skin during winter and heard some great things about it, initially i thought it would look glittery on the skin and wouldn't look natural at all! BUTT when i tried it i loved the results, leaves my skin looking fresh and lumi.

on 2/26/2015 4:23:00 PM

I saw reviews and many YOUTUBE beauty Gurus use this product and said how amazing it was. The cost initially wasn't very cheap, it was around the $12 CAD range, quite expensive for this small bottle. You have to shake it well since the product seems to separate. I found this not to be used as a primer as it says, it leaves a white cast around your face. But the best way to use it is to mix a tiny bit with your foundation before applying, of lighting blending it into areas that need to be highlighted. Used those ways, you have a beautiful glow. The product itself is quite oily, and shiny, has to be used in small doses. The packaging is kind of cheap looking and I didn't really like it ... I'll probably finish what's left of mine, but I won't be purchasing again.