September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Coraldc

I'm reviewing this product as a primer, as this is the only way I ever use it (I don't use it as a highlighter or a moisturiser, nor would I ever wear it alone without applying foundation over top).

I have dry, sensitive skin and this does not give me a bad reaction.

For me, it works really well. I use this underneath my Mac studio fix powder, and it gives me a lovely satin finish to my skin which is great considering I am using a powder foundation. It's a great dupe for Mac's strobe cream.

A bit pricey for a "drug store" product at nearly $40 NZD, however this has lasted me for ages (more than 6 months with almost everyday use in the weekdays). Unlike other reviews I've seen, this hasn't separated on me or gone rank so I guess I got a good batch!

Mild smell that I don't notice anymore, glides on easily. Isn't particularly moisturising and I wouldn't say that this is a primer that will make your foundation last longer than normal, however that's not what I use it for. I use it because it gives a noticeably improved finish to my studio fix powder foundation, and also makes my foundation glide on easily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am shocked at how much people love this mediocre product. It does not work as a primer to extend foundation so that's a major fail as it states PRIMER in the title. A product should be able to do what it claims and this doesn't.

For those who say oh but try it as a highlight, no, its a pathetic excuse as a highlight needs to be in a shade to suit you not this one for everyone shade or it won't work. Check the reviews, darker skins say is gives a horrible ashy "tin man" look. Then on my very fair skin its doesn't show up at all as it is the same color as my skin. So it doesn't therefore isn't a great highlighter for everyone.

For those light-light/medium skins that it does happen to vaguely work as the right shade for a liquid highlighter, really? Its a tiny amount for something that only lasts a month or so and if you don't use everyday remember its a cream so it goes rancid so quickly as reviewers are stating theirs separated and went off in a matter of months. I really think a powder highlight is a way better choice for your wallet as they will keep you highlighted for years and you can choose your perfect color match to suit your skin. Or if you like liquid highlighters try Benefit's High Beam (or any fine shimmery cream eyeshadow, bronzer or highlighter) and blend the tiniest amount for a lasting glow.

I seem to be in the minority but I think this product is a completely useless waste of time and doesn't do anything except clog pores and waste money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by twiggychic3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried this as a primer, but like many other reviewers have mentioned, it's great as a highlighter! I tried applying it with my fingers at first, but it didn't blend correctly and made my foundation look blotchy. I now use a small blending brush to apply it on the tops of my cheekbones, nose bridge, and cupid's bow using light tapping motions. I also use it on the inner corners of my eyes with a small pencil brush. It's good stuff, but I'm not sure I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this doesn't work very well as a primer like others do but it has one pro: it makes the foundation glow, it creates this film underneath (or when mixed with liquid foundation) that makes the whole face iridescent. It is not hydrating at all, doesn't correct any discoloration (and I don't think it's supposed to do that). I find it is too much for all over the face during the day; I just put a bit on my forehead, cheekbones, & eye brow to get the glow that I would get by using a highlighter. It's really good for this.
So i give it 4lippies as a highlighter --not as a primer.
ps: if you have oily skin, this one might not be a good idea, the glowing effect makes my face look as if i'm oily if i put it everywhere :S

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by emilyjonesx

Great for daytime use, only a small amount needs to be used as can look very shiny. Would look wonderful on bare sun tanned skin alone, when product ran out I removed the pump lid to find quiet a lot of product still left! so please bare that in mind if you think you have ran out of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

This primer is really wonderful for daytime use. While it doesn't prolong makeup wear, it gives the skin a beautiful dewy finish and has never made me break out. A word of caution however; this stuff must be shaken up VERY well or the liquid comes out very blotchty and separated. Also, it looks terrible with flash photography. I recently wore this to a party and in every photo my face was glowing like someone had cracked the inside of a glow stick on my face. Gross!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like my skin to look dewy rather than matter. I bought the Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Primer awhile ago and it was my first 'luminous' primer. While it did make my skin look a tiny bit more luminous, it made my skin feel so uncomfortably dry (odd because it claims to be very hydrating), so I gave up on using it and decided to look for an alternative. I saw many good reviews on this primer and I remember Shaaanxo on youtube using it in a few videos for her dewy makeup looks. I tried this primer and absolutely loved it. It didn't make my skin feel dry and it luminated my skin beautifully and gave me a natural looking glow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by IzzyB95

I was unsure whether or not to buy this Primer as I don't often use L'Oreal products as they can give me acne. This product is different to every other product I have tried by them, it far surpassed my expectations and made my foundation last much longer without any fading or discolouration. This is a fairly reasonably priced product, and as in boots there is often 3 for 2 on makeup it was my free item. The packaging is simple but was very difficult to open for the first time which was very annoying. I would recommend this product and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the dewy finish this leaves on the skin! It's so glowy but natural even under a full coverage foundation! It does not prolong my makeup wear however. I love the small packaging it's great to chuck in a makeup bag if you're traveling. I use this as a base somedays but also as a highlight on my cheekbones and it looks fantastic! With a great bronzer, you will effortlessly achieve a "JLO Glow." My only gripe is the price. $13 for less than 1 fl oz.. I will however repurchase! I highly recommend !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good product but it will not make your makeup last longer it isnt much of a primer its basically just a illuminater i dont use this is as a high lighter but i do mix this is with foundation because sometimes if i apply it before foundation the luminosity isnt very noticable i dont use this every day but on days where im using a more flat and matte foundation i like to mix this in for more of a dewey look it makes your face look very healthy but i find it is too much to wear alone it doesnt look like shimmer i dont know how to describe it but its so beautiful