October 31, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Shu Uemura - Pore Clarifying Foaming Cleansing Water

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Junkie4Makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is so amazing, I have never used a facial cleanser like this. I used to wash my face and still feel that oil feel.

This is the only cleanser I have used that actually makes my skin feel clean and my pores smaller and unclogged.

My skin appearance has improved significantly, I can almost say I would go out without makeup on!

I have already purchased 3 more bottles as my spares.

AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kannopener

I've been using this product on and off for over 4 years now. On and off because I've always attempted to find a more natural method of face cleansing, but it would ultimately fail and in a moment of panic I will always reach for the Shu Uemura foam cleanser (also the only reason I ever step in a Holt Renfrew)

It cleans your face without stripping it dry or making it feel tight. It does not leave a film of residue on your face. It does not feel like you never washed your face. It just cleans, that's it. However, there are a couple of things I find lacking. 1. It does not remove eye make-up, so you'll still need a make-up remover. 2. It does not exfoliate like the grainy type of exfoliating cleansers. I just use a home made exfoliator once a week or whenever I feel a need for it.

The price is amazing in relation to how long this product lasts. You do not need a lot of this to get good coverage, and one bottle lasts me on average for about 1 year (when I was using it on a daily basis.)

Doomed to buy this product forever it seems since my skin appears to love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by osullkj

I have been using Shu Uemura "pink bottle" oil in the evenings, to take off make up and this foam in the mornings. Sometimes I'll use it at night after the oil for a double cleanse but I don't have much trouble getting all the oil off so I don't always. I love it in the morning because it's so fresh smelling and like another user, find it's nice with the Clarisonic and helps it go a long way. Just leaves my face clean without being drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by foxynixie

Once I hit my 30's my skin became very sensitive and acne prone. Since switching to Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil (Fresh) and Depsea Hydrability Moisturizing Lotion along with this product my skin has completely cleared up. I use this as a second cleanse after the oil as I find the oil removes my makeup but doesn't deep cleanse. I only use 1 1/2 pumps of the foam (less than they say) and the bottle is large so I'm sure this will last me a long time. I really like this product and will buy it again and again. To me it is well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sixbluemooses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! Its not as drying as most foaming cleansers but I think thats because its not a gel
It cleans the pore very well - especially when used in conjunction with the cleansing oil. I use the cleansing oil at night, and this cleanser in the morning.
Its been about 3 weeks since I switched to Shu and my pimples are clearing fast.

I can't say enough about their products for oily skin - I barely have oily skin anymore!
I think there is a lot of truth to the idea that oily skin is just dehydrated, and Shu fixes that completely.

Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for about a year and a half, and I think it does a great job for my super oily but deydrated skin. I used to switch around my cleanser, and have stuck to this one for quite a long time, simple fact being is that it's a good foaming cleanser, and this in fact is best for oily skins! I don't really feel any residue after using it.
I've recently begun to use it with clarisonic mia, and it does work well with it as well, extra foaming action, so you might actually need to use less!
One bottle lasts me for about 6-9 months, so very worth its price tag!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by sumug

I love basically everything made by Shu Uemura but I would not buy this particular cleanser again simply because it left a bit of a soapy residue on my face. Of course I always use a toner after cleansing but still, I don't like feeling even the slightest residue on my face.

It smells nice and fresh, the pump is great, the packaging looks refreshing, and I used it to double cleanse as step 2 after the Shu Uemura Balancing Cleansing Oil (Fresh). It definitely gave me a deep cleanse and did clarify my pores as stated, and it did not dry out my skin at all. It comes out as a light, foamy mousse.

If you love Shu, don't mind a slight soapy feeling (I generally prefer gel cleansers), and need a gentle but pore-deep foaming cleanser then you might like this.

My skin looked very clean and clear while I used this, but since I prefer gel cleansers I just moved on when I finished the bottle.

The bottle is quite large and will last.