August 21, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection in Sultry

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's like my lips but better. It's perfect - the finish, the shade, the price. I'm so glad this lived up to the hype and I will gladly buy more colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Gorgeous nude rose with the faintest hint of peach - stops it from turning pink on me. Lovely texture and wear too and the tube is lovely. This is almost Identical (same company) as the Max factor lipstick in Burnt Caramel but is just a shade lighter and a better shade on me. This is actually what I hoped Maybellines pinky beige would be on me but that turns bright pink on me - this is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this color. This is a nice medium pink/nude/brown which looks so natural on my lips. I originally bought Romance thinking that it would be a darker pinky brown. Well it is, but with a pearl, almost frosty finish. The color of Romance itself is nice but the finish makes my lips look really dry and old. I really prefer cream finish. Sultry is a lighter version of Romance without the frost.
I like Lip Perfection in general. Except Sultry and Romance, I also own Smitten – a medium to dark plummy pink, Rush – light to medium coral beige, and Fevor – a medium to dark brownsih orange red. They are all cream finish, feel and look good on lips. Application is very smooth and they never dry out my lips like most of the other lipsticks do.
Yes they do stain but I don’t mind. This just makes me reapply them less frequently. I remove my lip color with a gentle lip color remover so it doesn’t bother me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sultry is a medium nude-peach.It goes well on the application,it last fairly long. I like to pair this one with peach petal super lustrous by revlon lip gloss,or with baby blossom le gloss by l`oreal. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by aprilflower

i bought a CG lipstick in 200 sultry sensuelle....it doesnt state if it is lip perfection line or not...but i dnt like this product...want to return it but the store is far ...and im not sure if they will take an opened and tried product...bought it from target!!....want to make it work:(....the things i dnt love are...its formula...is cakey or uneven i shud say...lokks great in packaging but turns out ashy when applied to my pigmented lips...looks similar to my lip color though!!!...fell for that:(.....i feel i wasted 7 $ on this...im a pretty budget person :))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

after seeing this on temptalia i ran out to cvs and picked one up. i am obsessed with pinky browns and this definitely falls into the mlbb/nude lip category. i am C4, medium tan yellow toned skin and this seriously is mlbb! it works as a great nude because the pink is not that prominent. the formula is very smooth (suprised at the "gritty" review below) and has not dried my lips out at all. has great staying power. it has a vanilla-ish plasticky smell but its not bad and you can only smell it if you stick your nose to the tube. purchased for $7.99. definitely will repurchase, hope it does not get discontinued. this and revlon's mauve it over are my 2 faves for an everyday casual look or paired with gloss for a strong eye at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not crazy about the formula but the color is very flattering on my NC40-42 skintone.On the lips, it's a neutral My Lips But Better shade. I love the fact that it also leaves a stain as it wears off because I do not have time to reapply lipstick throughout the day. I would probably not rebuy this though because like the other Lip Perfection lipsticks, it's very drying especially if you use it a lot. If you are very prone to lip products causing your lips to dry and peel, you probably won't like this. After using the lip perfection lipsticks everyday for several weeks, my lips started to peel a whole lot so I had to stop using them as often. =( As soon as I stopped using them, my lips were a lot less dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Two words: Greasy. Gritty. I own a decent collection of about thirty lipsticks from Mac to L'Oreal. This Covergirl lipstick in Sultry is possibly one of the grittiest lipsticks I own. I really can't stand it and it makes my lips peel. This was my first CG lipstick and I'm afraid to go back and try another possibly creme lipstick if there is such a thing. Would be happy to take suggestions if you've found a good product because I hate having to returned used cosmetics, but in this case it had to go back. No use describing the color if the formula is the worst I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

I love this as a darker browner based neutral with my pale skin. I think this would be a great mlbb shade for girls with medium-tan skintones and I love it on me too but if you are paler don't apply it straight from the tube. Trust me, it'll look like bad 90s mud brown lipstick all over again. However, if applied properly it can work for pale girls too. I usually apply it with a lipbrush or with my fingers for a lighter application. I especially love the formulation of these lipsticks. I don't find them very moisturizing like covergirl claims they are but I don't find them drying either. What I love most about the lip perfection lipsticks is that they fade evenly leaving your lips stained with the colour of the lipstick so you never get that ugly ring of lipstick around the outer edges the lips. Because of the "staining" quality of these lipsticks they are quite long wearing and I've never had any problems with bleeding of feathering. Love sultry and can't wait to try more lipsticks from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Very natural lip color I can wear everyday. It's a "my lips but better" type of color. Really moisturizing and I love it. I'm pretty tanned, NC42 and goes very well with my skin tone. It's staying in my purse and never leaving:)