August 1, 2014 | 890 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Perfect Refining Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by milalamifi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My review is based on trying just a sample (for a few days), but I think it's safe to assume we all know our skin and what works for it (or not). I intentionally asked for the sample before paying the full price of 48 EUR and that was wise, as I'm not fully sure whether I'll buy it or not.

My skin is normal/dry.. lately more dry than normal.

What I absolutely love about it is the texture and the way it applies on the skin. I've used my fingers to apply it, it's so smooth and glides so easily on the skin, felt very silky, a real pleasure to work with it. It's the best texture I've tried so far, both with high and low end foundations. It has medium coverage, so concealer is definitely needed for problematic areas.

What I didn't like was that after a couple of hours in an indoor environment, my T-zone got shiny, so blotting was necessary. It is my personal preference to not use powder as a finishing touch up, so I can't comment whether powder would have helped or not. I only used a moisturizer before applying, no setting spray, no primer. After a couple of more hours, a 2nd blotting was required, so with my skin dry most of the time, this makes me wonder. Apart from the T-zone getting shiny, whatever dry spots I had, they were emphasized, but only slightly, as far as I could see.

On PC's website this is rated as "poor", I was quite disappointed when I saw their review, and it might affect my decision of buying, although, despite the shiny part, I'm very tempted to get my hands on it. I'll try it again tomorrow, with primer and setting spray, see how it reacts during the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Not quite sure how the refining part works, all I can say that I found the foundation quite thick and too powdery. My face looked like a mask: very flat and lifeless. Yet I must add, that I do prefer a light finish.
Maybe the product is good for someone with very bad skin when lots has to be covered as the foundation seemed to have a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by priscillaaa

I've been wanting to try a Shiseido foundation for quite some time now and was glad to pick this up after getting colour matched at a counter.
My skin has uneven skin tone from past acne scars, but they have faded overtime from brown marks to now light pink/red, which is noticeable against my Asian light/medium yellow skin tone. The coverage of this foundation for me is great, one thin layer is all I need. It covers the discolouration and provides a natural coverage. I would say this is a light-medium coverage, leaning more towards the medium mark.
I got the shade O 20, natural light ocre. When first applied to the skin (not yet blended out), you can see that the colour has yellowy/orange tones to it, which makes it a fantastic match for my Asian skin tone!
If I remember correctly, the information brochure inside of the packaging said the finish is dewy, but for me it is not at all. For me, the finish is semi-matte, which is new for me because I don't wear matte foundations. However, the skin does look very natural and the foundation is not obvious in natural lighting!
I have an oily t-zone, and I found even after powdering, a few hours later my forehead and nose would look a bit shiny. The lasting power is great, I wore it for long hours while on vacation and when I went to take off my make up for the night, everything was still intact!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Emmamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup artist and I love this foundation. It's the only one I have found that has good coverage but feels light and enjoy wearing all day at work. It stays on all day with translucent powder over the top or the Shiseido powdery foundations goes beautifully with it and gives you alittle bit more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by classywassy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product!! I absolutely love it!!

I apply this with my beauty blender.... It has great coverage, it's light and works well with the Shiseido primer as well.

Only thing, it doesn't last all day. I need to reapply it on blemishes and scars...

I have acne prone skin, I feel as if this is helping my acne, and my face can breathe :)

The bottle is very small, not sure how long it last. But overall it's great!! I need to invest in the translucent powder also =] xox

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by su

This is a good foundation, light and velvetly. It doesn't look cakey on my face, but somedays I see some flakes. It's quite matt for my taste, so I mix it with a shimmer loose powder. I won't buy it again, because I' ve tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15, which is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by sammylai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

im asian and i use 040 natural fair orche.

pro's
good coverage med - full
not oily
only need a little bit to use

con's
a bit orange tint
small bottle

overall i would buy this again but i would like to try other foundations out there

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jwmk9195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont know if i would buy this product again but it's not bad. i normally apply it with my bb cream but it doesnt cover my pores on my noses and it makes my skin quite dry as you can see my skin peeling. but overall, the colour is great especially for yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by djdjdiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation, it is one of my top 5's for sure. The good thing about this foundation is its very thin liquidy yet its coverage is amazing! I have a lot of scarring on my face and discoloration along with some blemishes and a tiny amount of this foundation goes a long way. This is my go to foundation in the summer because it is very light and i almost feel as if theres nothing on my face.

some pros:
-It doesnt look cakey on your face
-no breakouts or skin irritation
-amazing buildable coverage
-easy to apply

cons:
-very selective color selection unfortunantley hard to find the perfect shade for your skin tone
-pricey...but well worth it!

all in all great product and i recommend it to anyone that likes light yet great coverage foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kubrusus

I loved this fountadion to bits! This was my first ''real'' foundation, I've only ever bought cheap drustore makeup. It cost me 440 kroner, which I think is quite pricy (Compared to my usual foundations, at least), but it was totally worth it!

My skin type is combined, very oily in the T-zone and the rest is flaky and dry. I have used a cheap BB cream on my flaky parts (which is the majority of my face) and the Shiseido fountation on the T-zone. It gave a natural finish and stayed matte all day long even without powder.

Pros:
Stays all day
Covers very well
Is antiseptic
Does not make skin oily

Cons:
Costs a bit more than I am willing to spend on my face :)