April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Treatments - TheFACEShop - Blackhead EX Charcoal Pore Strip

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by vanessa4thewin

My sister didn't like these so she passed them down to me. I thought this could work a little for me at least. Either i put it on wrong, I don't have any blackheads or this stuff sucks. When I use my biore one, it didn't remove all but some of it actually were removed but this one didn't remove any. Very disappointed since many raved about this stuff. Plus, it stinks a lot. Thumbs down.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

I feel this is a little better than all the others I have used (there have been many), f
it moulds really well around my nose and is more adhesive.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this did ntohoing for me. i got it off ebay. maybe its bcuz i got a fake one. or bcuz it just does ntohing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kmb584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The Face Shop, offering high quality and high performing skincare products, is an incredible Korean brand that I came across several years ago. To date I have yet to encounter a product that I didn't like, the charcoal pore strips were no different.

I've battled with blackheads on my nose, t-zone and chin for the last decade. Name a product aimed at ridding the skin of the nasty little plugs and the odds are good that I tried it. Some helped, some didn't, but at the end of the day each one was a product that I wouldn't buy again - until now.

The Blackhead EX pore strips are unlike anything I've tried before. After I peeled off the very first strip I just sat there and stared at the blackhead forest in front of me. The amount of gunk on the strip was unbelievable, the fact that my pores had been clogged by said gunk was just flat out disgusting. My nose looked pristine, not a blackhead in sight. I continue to use TFS's pore strips twice weekly (one Aloe, one Charcoal) and my formerly blackhead infested areas are no more.

The Face Shop products aren't readily available in the US but 2 minutes of shopping around will lead to numerous retailers on eBay and Amazon. In my case, I purchased a box of 7 for $4.50 from a reputable seller on the latter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the aloe vera strip and literally just took this off and I looked at the strip and more than half my blackheads from my nose was on it. I kid you not, this is the best. It get a little weird when it dries because it dries hard and you have to be careful when pulling it off. Make sure your nose is very wet before putting on the strip. This is awesome I can't wait to buy more...for a friggin buck

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

All the reviews are so true about this product, although it is costly it is far more effective than Biore pore strips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Love these Strips! I get them from Ebay for cheap 7 strips for $4.25. They work amazingly well 10x better than Biore or any other brand. Best use after a hot shower or if you have one of those facial steamers you can easily put this thing on and make sure you press it out all on your nose firmly. Leave for 10-15 minutes or until you feel your nose is paper -maché like. I peel it from the sides and voila all my black and white heads are removed. And my nose is left feeling soft and smooth. It does make my nose all red and a bit itchy for 15mins but that fades away.

I use it weekly i wish i could use them more frequently as every use it takes a huge collection of gunk out but they are pretty pricey to be using more than once a week! The face shop products rock and love the nose strips! Try it and buy off Ebay much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by caliprincessx3

WOW. I can't even begin to talk enough about this product. I used to use the Biore strips until the esthetician at my work brought me a couple of them to try. As soon as I tried them.... AMAZINGG!! I love them, if applied correctly they really take out every single white head/black head. When I say applied correctly I mean really pressed against the skin. Even if it's not applied correctly they still take out more than the Biore strip does. The only downside is the price.. I think 1 dollar per strip if pretty expensive. But I'll still continue to purchase just because they work so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd like to make a little side review about the brand itself since it's not a widely known one.
The Face Shop has the most awesome skin care products for very reasonable prives. I've tried so many products here. I switch brands all the time because it's hard for me to find one that I really love but I always come back to Korean products because I have sensitive skin and Asian products in general tend to have less harsher ingredients. These days, I have been consistently using The Face Shop skin care products for everything- eyecream, face wash, shampoo, ect and I would say that it is the best value for the money, cute packaging, earth friendly ingredients, and most importantly.. it works. Unfortunately, the fact that their products are not harsh and contain less chemicals also means that their makeup sucks. I have never actually bought any makeup from there because their makeup is a joke. Fit for little girls who wanna play dress up. Not much pigmentation and the many of their blushes, bronzers, powders, are wayy tooo glittery. You can find much cheaper and better quality products at drugstores.

Anyways, I digress. Amazing pore strips. I have had little luck with pore strips in the past and have always hated the small speckling of black dots on my nose that I have had for years. I've used everything from high end to the cult favorite biore- all utter crap. I find that if you use these right after a hot shower you get the best results. I couldn't believe it the first time i used them. I hardy had any black dots on my nose, no matter how hard or closeup I looked! It's been about a month where I used them twice a week and now I have NO BLACKHEADS on my nose! yayyyyy!!!

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Biore pore strips for years now, and have been very satisfied with the results. The Biore strips could never get all of my blackheads out though. And believe me, I have a lot of blackheads. Which was fine with me, I usually get facials every few months to do that. I just tried these pore strips from The Face Shop and I have never seen my nose clearer of blackheads! I love these strips and I will never go back to Biore. The strips fit perfectly around the corners of my nose. With Biore strips, they never stuck on perfectly. The strips are $1 each, which I think is a great price. I bought these strips in Manhattan, at The Face Shop in K-Town. I will definitely repurchase!