September 16, 2014 | 1429 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - Spotlight Beige [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I have an addiction to nude-peachy lipsticks and this is a great one. Shame it's discontinued but you can get it on Ebay. It wears off fairly quickly but at the price I don't mind at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Damn, I really wanted to love this lipstick. I bought two tubes off Ebay as we don't get this where I live. I don't know if it's because I'm a bit pale, but this looks kinda orange on my lips. I have to put another lipstick over it to make it more wearable for my skin tone. I do like the formulation, however. It's smooth and feels moisturising. It doesn't settle into the lines of my lips. I'm going to use up the two tubes I have because I paid a fair bit of money on them, but I wouldn't repurchase simply because I think there are other more flattering lipsticks out there for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by ksmosley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe this product is being discontinued :( I also saw this on YTBG JLovesMac1 and feel it love. The color is pinkish nude and would work for almost all skin tones. I am super tan and it is hard to find a "nude" that doesn't wash me out. I also love how moisterizing it is! This is one of the only lipsticks I do not need to use a lipbalm under. Another win!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by phinester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When i saw this lipstick i thought it was going to be too dark for my complexion but as long as i apply a brown lip liner underneath it looks great. Its really glossy and doesnt dry out the lips, its also a great everyday lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this color because a makeup guru on youtube was raving about it so I went out and bought it! I have to say, I bought it in December... I'm EXTREMELY pale. (I pretty much use the lightest foundation from every brand.) It was not flattering when I was that pale. Now that I've been outside a tiny bit gardening and getting freckly, I have to say I like it a lot more. I also think that you have to play around with the eye makeup you use with this lipstick for it to look phenomenal! It has a bit of an orange tone to it so I wouldn't say it's really a nude, particularly for the fair-skinned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have fair to medium skin, this lipstick is not a nude. To me it is like a rosy, peachy milk-tea color. I have very fair (NC10) skin. What is nice about this lipstick is that it is very buildable. If you find it hard to wear this lipstick because it is too "muddy" or brown-based for you, try putting a light layer on or blotting. A lighter layer or single layer makes this lipstick instantly more wearable if you have very fair skin like me. Hope this helped someone!

This color is being discontinued. So if you like, definitely don't hesitate to buy it. I found it for $2.74 at Harmon Drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. It looks exactly like victoria's secret perfect 'scrumptious' lipstick.

On my lips, the color comes out to almost a bubble gum pink with a peachy/orange tone. Very moisturizing Looooovvveeee it! Def will repurchase! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by YimK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reason I rated this a 2 instead of a 1 is because I like other lipsticks in this collection. Pink chic is one of my favorites. These lipsticks are very moisturizing and are similar to MAC lustres except they're smoother/shinier. I really wish I could love this lipstick because I love nudes. BUT this is NOT a nude! I'm fair skinned but this didn't even work on me when I did have a tan. It never looks flattering on me, regardless of what look I pair this with. Others described this as a peachy-nude that doesn't wash you out. I highly disagree. On me, this is a dark orange/brown color. It looks quite strange on me. Even though I have really pigmented lips, this color is actually darker than my natural lip color. I can only make it work if I put a nude lipstick underneath it and even then its not my favorite because of the brownness. It doesn't really DO anything flattering for my complexion. I wouldn't repurchase but will probably try to use it up because I don't like wasting product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Kirstee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being fair skinned with blue eyes, I often find peachy nude lipsticks compliment my skin tone. I really wanted to like this lipstick, especially after reading so many positive reviews. But the first time I applied it, I was very disappointed. I have fairly pigmented lips and this colour just looked like mud on my lips. It drained all the colour out of my face.
    It didn't show up with any hint of peach or pink on my lips, just a flat, dirty brown colour.
    I'm a big fan of Rimmel Lipsticks and the shade "Crush" lights up my whole face. Thought this would be another good nude to add to my collection, but alas it will be going in the bin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this lipstick for a while, and I happen to like it.

I'm quite pale (N/NC-10/15 in the winter, NC-20 in the summer), while this lipstick would not be the right 'nude' shade for me (pinkish nudes suit me much more), this is still a nice 'muted' color that leans more toward peach than beige. As it is, this lip color can look great when paired with a smokey lavender/purple/taupe eye.

I'll just layout the pros and cons:

Pros:
    - Great packaging. It's made of a strong plastic, and the cap securely snaps shut (unlike the one for Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks, which are flimsy and wouldn't stay shut for anything). It also stands out because of its color.
    - For me, it lasts a decent amount of time (2-3 hours), when compared to other lipsticks I've tried. Of course, this one of those things that is based on personal experience & preference.
    - Semi-opaque and somewhat creamy. Just a swipe or two of this lipstick, and I'm set. Plus, I don't feel that I have to wear a lip liner for this, since it doesn't bleed easily (though that would help with longevity).

Cons:
    - The scent. I alternate between indifference and loathing when I open this because of the floral (rose?) scent of this lipstick. This would probably be a deal breaker for some.
    - The color won't suit everyone, since it can look orangey-brown on some people, especially when applied heavily. (pale ladies beware!)
    - It's somewhat drying, so lip balm is a must.
    - Even though it's still listed on Rimmel's website, I've heard that this shade is being discontinued. If so, ugh.

I would definitely re-purchase this product. In fact, I already own a back up.