November 22, 2014 | 1979 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference Haircolor in 46: Red Copper Auburn

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this colour 3 times now. It's a pretty colour, but it too orange for my complexion. I am going to try the Intense Red colour next time and see if that looks better on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Insidemelookingout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this color twice. I love it. I am a huge fan of Christina Hendricks and crave her locks. This is as close as I can get with out going to a salon. I wash it every three days and use a dry shampoo and a moisture barrier hairspray on the roots. I can get a good 2 months out of the color before I really need to dye it again. I would suggest using the L'Oreal sulfate free Everstrong shampoo and conditioner with this and highly suggest limiting your washing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by pamelagalan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff. i've been dying my hair various shades of red for years (to mimic my mom's natural colour...damn genes skipped a generation) and this is the only shade that looks natural. i get compliments every day on being lucky to be a redhead and when i tell them it's from a box, jaws drop. this colour is HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended if you are looking for a nice natural red sort of like donna from that 70s show - virgin red hair.

in terms of fading - yes. it does, and it sucks. i usually do mine every 4 weeks, but at $10 a box that's super reasonable.

to keep it from fading as much i've been using the aphogee 2 step protein filler prior to colouring my hair...i think it's helping...my hair seems stronger and shinier.

good luck to all the redhead wannabes out there :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by i_d_123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I dyed my hair this color for YEARS. My hair is naturally medium-dark ash brown. I always got compliments on this color. It's a really awesome shade of red. It took only about 3 months of touch-ups for my darker hair to soak all this up and match the color on the box. So if your hair is a darker shade of brown, I will personally vouch that this color takes to hair really well. I don't dye my hair this color anymore, but I used this exact shade and nothing else for four years and always got tons of compliments on my hair color. It's the perfect combination of vibrancy and au natural. It never looked outta control fake red, but it was still a brilliant, bright color. I highly recommend this shade to anyone wanting to venture into the red hair arena.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahvma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

L'Oreal Paris's Superior Preference line has finally managed to achieve the perfect red: 46 Red Copper Auburn is the exact color of Joan Holloway's iconic hair on Mad Men -- that perfect natural dark red that doesn't come off as completely unnatural.

Better yet, the coverage is fantastic and there's almost no after-smell.

The only downside is that the incredibly intense gorgeous red color only lasts for a couple of weeks until it begins to fade -- there's no way to avoid touching this color up every four to six weeks.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No