December 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by BeccaJaneWojo

I did not like this, or the liquid foundation. Both of them made me break out even more and made my skin verrrry oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by kjohns63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DO NOT BUY. Everyone may be different but this broke out my skin worse and I thought it was to prevent acne. I was told my breakouts were hormonal since I'm in my late 20's so I bought this excited to have some type of coverage until I could get my blemishes under control with medicine. Once I started getting new pimples in the areas I applied this makeup (my cheeks, chin, forehead) I wondered if there was a connection. My mom and cousin suggested I go a few days without the makeup. So I started on a Friday and didn't wear the makeup for four days. Each day my face got clearer and I had ZERO pimples just acne scars by day 4. So I started using aloe vera gel on the scars and they faded tremendously in just four days. I had to do a 2 day staff picture for work so I had to use the neutrogena makeup again. I kid you not. By day two I had 4 to 5 pimples on my cheeks and a bunch of tiny bumps on my forehead. Never again. I'm really disappointed that I paid almost $14 just for a powder that says skin clearing when it does the exact opposite. Bad neutrogena just bad. Back to the drawing board! Hopefully I can find makeup to wear on the days I need it that won't break me out until I can clear my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bab0

I've been using this product for over a couple of years now and I am fairly happy with it - good enough to keep me from switching to another product. It has medium coverage and I don't know how much it helps me from clearing my skin, but it definitely does not make me break out. I also live in a very dry area with very long winters so I try to minimize the use of powder in general but I still often use this powder anyway since it does not dry out my skin or make it flakey in particular as long as I moisturize thoroughly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sandyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by StormyKnight

I've been using this stuff for as long as I can remember. Great coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by helpmenotwastemoneythanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a week and so far there are good and bad things,

Pros: I apply it with a powder brush after my concealer (I don't use foundation) by patting it on rather than buffing, and it really helps put together all of my makeup and evens out my skin tone. I always hate trying to pick the right color in drug stores, but I pretty much got the right color. It may be a shade too light, but it still works out all in all. It also sets my makeup really nicely. I noticed by the end of the day makeup has really stayed in place and kept from sliding.
Cons: Ironically enough, this makeup says its "skin clearing" and that it treats and prevents acne with salicylic acid, but it actually might to be making me break out a tiny bit. There could be another source of my new blemishes, but they appeared on my forehead, and I don't put any makeup on my forehead besides powder, so it's definitely a suspect. This might have been sneakily marketed because although it has salicylic acid, no where does it say its non-comedogenic, so there is a possibility it can clog your pores and create breakouts (especially since there's only 0.5% salicylic acid).This also doesn't do the best job at shine control for me, but it's summer and I can get pretty oily, so I probably should be using a finishing powder too, I just don't like too much stuff on my face.

Anyways I probably have to do an update for a final verdict, but I think my pros and cons are pretty even as of now, especially since I'm not sure if this is the cause of my breakouts. I will still be using it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by LAYLAADELE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this compact for over a year now. I think it is great for oil control and just giving my face an even tone. Doesn't really cover any big pimples but i use spot concealer for those. I like keeping this in my purse for on the go application however i am going to look for something with more coverage. Recently my skin has broken out terribly around jawline and temples and I need something to cover those nasty red spots. But if you have pretty clear skin and want to look even and not oily this would be good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally my Holy Grail Powder. The price is a bit high for the drugstore, hence the one lippie taken off, but other than that I have no complaints about the product. I have the shade Nude 40 which is perfect for my skintone. This powder keeps me so matte because the Salicylic Acid dries out my face which for an oily grease ball like me is essential to nice makeup. Sure, this doesn't clear up my acne or prevent it by any means but the medicine in it does wonders at oil control. A definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by directioner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was an overall good product. i got this on sale for $9. it somewhat covers my imperfections. its very sheer but enough to cover. the "skin clearing" thing isn't really a lie but not really the truth either. it doesn't clear up acne, just kinda makes it smaller but enough to make it unnoticeable. i really like that it is really milled and is easy to apply. a downside to this product is it only has shades for light toned people. i have somewhat dark skin but the powder is very sheer and blends amazingly so thats not really a problem. would i repurchase? maybe, but only if its on sale because the original price is around $14 at the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Nude 40, which looks a tad too dark on my light skin in the winter time. The powder does a good job of covering my jawline acne and redness and it doesn't seem to cause any acne. It has talc and parabens though so I will probably switch to a true mineral powder even though they cost more. This is good enough to keep using until it runs out, but I probably won't buy it again.