April 17, 2014 | 1419 users online

Treatments - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Primer Mist

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First of all it's not a MIST per say, you spray it and its literally a squirt so it drips like crazy on your skin afterwards. Left my skin sticky as hell. Am a big Maran fan, have everything she sells but this is not good at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by amandarai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin type: prone to acne, eczema, dermatitis, dry, oily

First off let me just say my skin reacts very well to argan oil, especially Josie's. So it wasn't the argan that did it and even though I loved how this made my skin feel, moisturized without being oily, this gave me a major cystic breakout. I haven't cystic acne in years, but within the first week of using this my skin went nuts. Too bad because it really was a a great primer. If you do use this, then spray two pumps on your hand then pat onto your skin, who knows your skin may not have the same reaction mine did. Just remember to keep your receipt just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

I think this is a really good product. I've used it in both humid and dry climates and it does seem to provide a good canvas for applying foundation. I like that it comes in a spray bottle and that it feels good on my skin. I give my face two generous mists, bounce my damp beauty blender over my face, wait a minute or two and then continue with my makeup. Good job Ms. Maran. I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by brookemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an amazing product! I have never really been into primers they tend to irritate my skin, clog my pores, or dry me out. Before buying this at sephora I bought the hourglass veil primer and it was ok, but it started to dry out my skin and I think was the culprit of a few clogged pores. I ended up returning it to sephora and as I was shopping around decided to buy this primer. I am so glad I did! It moisturizes skin perfectly almost plumping it up and giving a healthy glow. It refines pores, doesn't allow foundation to settle around my laugh lines (that are otherwise non-existant), and allows for foundation to last all day. I was not so sure about the spray aspect to this primer, but I have fallen in love! It is so conveinent and works well with the product, since it is a thin fluid and does not contain silicone. I also feel that the ingredients are really helping my skin. I have a lot of red marks on my face from past acne and they have really improved since i have been using this primer. My skin feels and looks healthier than it has in a long time! Thank you Josie!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jen200

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I'm not sure if it makes my makeup last longer but it definately seems to make my pores look smaller. Smaller pores makes my makeup look nicer, plus I think it helps prevent me from getting clogged pores. I haven't tried spraying it on my face as the spray is pretty strong. I just spray into my hand and rub into my face. I will gladly buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by colorcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd love to tell you what I think of this product, which I first tried at a Sephora in a hot climate, but I can't. I liked it on first try, so ordered it from the JMC website when I returned home. But by the time it was delivered--which took a week, instead of the 2-day delivery I paid for--it was frozen (I guess) solid. Not the oil part--the other ingredients, whatever they are. I have tried warming the bottle in increasingly hot water, but the mass of congealed ingredients won't budge, and nothing comes out when I spray. I'm very disappointed at the slow delivery, the lack of customer service response when I emailed about the slow delivery--and the inability to use the product! Order via mail with care if you live in a cold climate. EDIT: The stuff in the bottle never melted, even after multiple "baths" in hot water, even in warm weather. It's just a clump in the bottom half of the bottle. Unusable--and no response from the company when I've tried reach them about the excess shipping charges and the unusable product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already use Josie Maran's Argan Oil and it has made a tremendous difference in both the texture and look of my skin. So, I hesitated in buying this thinking that this product might be redundant. I'm so glad that I went ahead and purchased it any way. You just lightly spritz this on your clean skin and gently spread it over your face, eyelids and lips. In just a few minutes, my skin felt hydrated and smooth without a greasy afterfeel. Best yet, my makeup went on smoothly, so it indeed works well as a primer. It also serves as an additional layer of moisture for my combination skin whenever I apply a BHA or retinol product and helps my skin tolerate this type of product better without irritation. I even used this an overnight moisturizing treatment on bare skin and woke up to petal smooth skin with no redness or blotchiness. Definitely a keeper and I will certainly repurchase whenever I run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No