October 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Perricone - Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started this eye serum as my first try to topical Vitamin C. I've used it for about a week and have excellent results! My under eye area is not as dark as it was, fewer small lines. I apply it first, after washing face. I use a different brand eye cream on top after about 3-4 mins.
It's clear, the consistency is more like water than a serum. I take the eye dropper and touch it to my ring finger, then apply. Don't squeeze the rubber top!!! The amount you'll want will flow out of dropper. A little goes a very long way! It's only a .05 oz. bottle but, I can see using this for months. No need to use a lot. I tap it around my entire orbital eye then let it absorb. Just feel around your eye for the circular bone. Don't apply closer to your eyes.
I have mixed feels about Perricone. This product seems great if used under an eye cream.
I hope the effects last. I don't know if this Vitamin C serum loses efficacy after awhile of being open.
So far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by seira7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This serum helped fade my dark circles ;) A little goes a long way so I do not really consider it expensive. I also dab a bit on my forehead wrinkles and it seems to smooth them a bit. This and the Caudalie serum have transformed my skin. I skip foundation and concealer most days now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, normal to oily skin, early 30s.

Bought the duo set from Sephora, and of the 2, I like this one better for its serum texture (very light though). That said, I am about a month in and no noticeable difference to the cross hatching developing under my inner eye area.

I also live in a very dry, desert climate... so I have a feeling a cream based treatment would be more effective out here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually worked very well for my dark circles for about 2 months. I don't know if the vitamin c oxidized or what, but my eyes went right back to the way they started. I don't have lines yet, so I can't say if it works for that purpose. But my darkness, puffiness, and milia stayed the same. I love the way that it soaks in and feels though. It's very light and I can easily layer this with another eye cream. It feels very luxious and I know that it's worked very well for other people. But for me, it's just not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by CobraChick222

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful serum for those annoying "cross-hatch" lines underneath the eye. I apply it immediately after washing my face and then go about the rest of my AM/PM routine, which for my eyes includes Cold Plasma Eye, and Neuropeptide Eye three times a week. I am confident this is what erased those aging lines. I also apply to those little lines right above my lip and have noticed them lessening, too.

I'm noticing on Facebook a lot of people apply this over Cold Plasma instead of under - I'm going to start doing that and see if it changes the result, although I obviously have no complaints about what has happened thus far!

One bottle has lasted me well over a year, so I feel it is a good value.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by dolphin79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the perricone ester c eye serum for a couple of weeks, I bought it to help dark under-eye circles and brown pigmentation marks I have under my eyes. My eye area looks no different but I'll give the product a bit longer to work. I also dislike the watery texture of the serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I have gradually become a perricone fanatic. I have recently added this product into my regimen (morning and night), and my eyes look very smooth. Don't get me wrong, i didnt have crazy lines or wrinkles before, but i feel like the little ones i had are even more minimal. I am going to keep using this product along with the rest of my Perricone products. Overall, my skin looks wonderful and the best it has looked since i was 18. Perricone is now my HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ckhoury

well, what can I say ... this product really works!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been using it religiously for a month twice a day morning and night and I can really see a major improvement in my dark circles, even my mum noticed, she told me the other day "your eyes look so fresh and bright and your dark circles are almost gone you must be getting a lot of sleep?

and I was like NO its the Perricone C ester - magic in a bottle!!!
I work a lot and study at night so i only get like 4-5 hours of sleep everyday so this has been my saviour in a bottle.
I have been layering a moisturising eye cream over this serum though just for extra benefits ( I use Trilogy eye contour cream 100% organic and natural), you wont notice the difference in 1 week but if you use it continuosly for at least 3 weeks, you will definately see a MAJOR difference in your dark circles, believe me I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them and now i dont even use a concealer any more.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I (as well as the Sephora SA who sold this product to me) am stunned by the good results of this product. I use this product with the Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift. Sephora has a great kit that combines the 2 for $95 (individually these products would be $145). After 10 days, my under eye area is more "firm, uplifted, lines diminished". I am not kidding, even the SA was surprised what a great result I had after a short time (visited her after 10 days to show her my results).

The Vitamin C Serum feels very light, and the tiniest drop is enough to cover both under eyes (I drop on one under eye and swipe with my finger to cover the other eye as well as the brow areas). I truly believe that this serum amplifies the effects of the High Potentcy Lift (as initially I used just the High Potentcy). After I added the vitamin C, the effects were more dramatic.

To make my results undeniable I used Perricone on one eye and Kate Somerville's Line Release Eye Cream on the other. (The Sephora SA wanted me to try Kate 's Eye Cream so I told her I'd revisit her in 10-14 days). Results: the Perricone eye was firm and uplifted (younger, denser skin) while the Somerville side wasn't as firm or uplifted but it did look brighter. However concealer would settle into fine lines on the Somerville side and the Perricone side did not have any concealer issues like the Somerville side - I am sold!

I am 44 and my under eye area has become more "loose" (like everyone's) with the years. I pass for 26-33 but still, we all like to improve what we can. I'd compare my under eye with the Perricone to a hard smooth surface that one would put paint/concealer on top and it's easy for the paint/concealer to stay on. My eye area without the Perricone was more loose, stretched out so the concealer would flake up, settle more in lines when my eyes watered.

***Update Jan. 2011: I am still AMAZED how good this treatment is for my under-eyes. It sucks up and smooths out like an eye-lift. I tried Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge & although it moisturized beautifully, my under-eye area looked un-even, almost bumpy compared to the smooth under-eye area w/ the Perricone products.

What it is: A therapeutic treatment for the eye area that delivers antiaging benefits to maintain the skin's youthful appearance.

What it is formulated to do: Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum brings dull and tired-looking eyes to life by brightening, firming, and restoring delicate skin. With serious doses of nourishment and protective antioxidants, this lightweight, nongreasy formula absorbs easily into the skin to deliver stunning results. It promotes collagen production to boost elasticity and prepares skin to make the most of additional skincare steps.

What else you need to know:
This wonder-working complex is designed to collaborate with HP Eye Lift to produce optimal results. Apply Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum before other eye products for maximum benefits.

Active Ingredients:
-Vitamin C Ester: Dramatically improves tone and texture, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and imparts a vibrant and healthy glow.
-Patented DMAE: Firms, tones, restores elasticity, and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
-Tocotrienols: Offer a superior form of vitamin E that delivers antioxidant and emollient benefits, nourishes and helps repair sensitive or dry skin, and improve skin's overall health for a vibrant, rosy glow.

Ingredients: Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Tocotrienols, Fragrance, Ethoxydiglycol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE).

For night I still ADORE Awake Renovation Eye (richer eye cream so too heavy for day but applying at night and waking up to soft, smooth eyes is a dream) and I alternate the AWAKE Renovation Eye with MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream .

Past eye creams I've tried and discarded: Darphin, DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate (ok but too thin and not effective enough), Caudalie, Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate (didn't moisturize enough & eyes were a little uncomfortable, feeling tight), La Mer (bleh), La Prarie (Anti-Aging SPF 15 - ok but weak compared to Awake), Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye (worked but then stopped being effective), Perricone Alpha Lipoic Eye (2003 version, effective at first but not later), Prevage (caused milia), ReVive Eye Renewal, Shiseido Benefiance (too rich & caused milia) , Relastin's Eye Silk (effective at first but not now), Lancome (Renergie Micro-Lift, Primordiale Intense, Absolue - all felt nice but ineffective), E, Lauder (Advanced Night Repair), etc.

I am Korean, 43 yrs old but most (friends, facialists, aestheticians) think I'm 26-32. Although my under eye area is very dry, I have combination skin (very dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, Cosmedicine, Jurlique, MD Forte & DHC.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No