July 30, 2014 | 2048 users online

Highlighters - Too Faced - Absolutely Invisible Candlelight

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. In my opinion, this would not do well using this product as just a highlighter. So if that is what you're looking for, this would not work for you. This is meant to be a finishing powder. Much like the famous Hourglass Ambient Light Powders. I love the beautiful glow this product gives to my finished look. Does not look shimmery or oily. Just a healthy looking complexion. I'm oily and acne prone and this product has not caused any problems. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by iloveiah

I think some of you may be misunderstood about what this product is, it's not a highlighter. It's a translucent face powder with sparkle to give you that dewy, healthy, soft glowing skin.

Personally I love the dewy look. When opening the compact the spects of gold in the press powder seemed intimidating but it's very subtle, doesn't make you look overly (Twilight Edward) sparkly. It sets my concealer very nice, no crease, no cake. I don't really have an oily T zone, my oil zones are just pretty much my nose and a little around it. But a light dust doesn't give me the MATTE look, it just makes my skin look fresh.

This product is light on my skin, i wish I can tell you the smell but my allergies are pretty much here to stay. Hehe - I hoped this helped

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Same concept as the Hourglass powders except Too Faced Candlelight has been around longer and just isn't as celebrated or as raved over. This is a really finely milled powder, I would consider it a translucent powder with a very discreet gold shimmer.

I have Normal/Combination skin and use this all over as a finishing powder after foundation and loose/pressed powder has been applied, I find any face powder brush does the trick though my favourite method at the moment is to use a small powder brush to apply loose powder and finishing powder. Candlelight can even be used over under- eye concealer to set as it is so fine. It doesn't upset or affect other products applied previously - just glides over the top.

On my NC15 skin I find I cant really see the powder once it has been applied but it definately gives me a softly lit from within healthy glow. At 9g you get a fairly decent amount of product and I just have to say Too Faced really know how to do cute and girly packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice pressed highlighting powder. The packaging is beautiful as always with Too Faced. The first day I used it as the sales person recommended, as a translucent setting powder, and left the house with an almighty glow... not a good look!! Since then I have been using it as a subtle highlight high on my cheekbones, and just a very light dusting on my forehead and chin. I use the Jane Iredale Handi brush for application. A little bit more for evening is also nice. It's lovely in conjunction with a bronzer for a glamorous finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Sephora asking for a highlighter for the cheeks, etc. The SA that helped me showed me this, and in the bright lights they have there I thought it was really pretty, so I bought it. When I got home and tried it on, I couldn't even see where I put it. I love highlighters, and I own quite a few, but every single one I own..I can see. I've done some more research on this product, and read it is best for an all over powder. I can see how this would be good to dust over your skin for a subtle brightening effect, but that's not what I was looking for. This is not a highlighter, I returned it for something else. I recommend testing stuff like this first in different lights, because you can't always count on the opinion of someone else.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this yesterday and wore it to work this morning. so far, I love it. At 42 with some fine lines and somewhat dry skin, this helps blur and mask imperfections as well as make me glowy but not shiney or glittery. This IMO wouldn't make a good highlighter since it's so subtle but as an all over dusting to set my foundation I think it's perfect. The older I get the more I realize that the matte terra-cotta dry skin I craved as an oily faced teen isn't flattering. Older skin needs a bit of glow to appear youthful. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. It's too subtle to use as a highlighter but it's perfect to use all over the face for a nice glow. Especially for those of us with dry skin. It's gives the perfect healthy glow if used correctly. It is expensive but I've had mine for quite a few years and I still have a ton left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good winter and going out powder because it does give your skin a more alive or glow-y appearance. In these cold months I actually see myself reaching for this powder because it doesn't dry me out and gives some life to my pale skin. I personally do not think this is super shimmery. I apply it with a dense brush usually a stipple or blush brush works well with this I'm not fond of the sponge that comes with it. I think the colour is flattering for a lot of skin tones.

This is a good powder and you get a lot for the price. I think it just comes down to will this powder work for you? For me I find it does do a good job and I apply it as a finishing powder. I use this, Tarte, or MAC MSF or Careblend depending on coverage needs, but when I'm going out or do a full face I like this or the Tarte because it does give a soft focus look and for some reason i feel my MU looks better when I finish with this. I don't know what it is but I do come back to this powder especially with the colder months I really like it.

For people who like a matte look don't get this unless you are prepared to see some shimmer. I find for me I like it at night or over MAC's Studio Fix because it makes my skin look less flat and more real because it looks less like I'm wearing a powder foundation. I do like it and would recommend it to those who know how to work with these products because if you don't use it right it can look scary this is not a powder that I use to touch up all night I just use it to set and I use regular powder if I get shiny. This way I don't go overboard with the product and it still makes my skin look good. I think setting then using whatever powder when your oily works because at that point the product has melted into your skin so it just looks nice and glow-y. Whatever powder you use over it won't detract from the look.

I do recommend it because if you like working with powders that give a soft focus effect I believe people will like this it's all in the application i feel. For me I figured out what works for me with this powder and I like it and will continue to use it because it gives my pasty white skin life. You can't go wrong with that. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by thechain

As of right now, I love this product. I use it as a setting/finishing powder, not as a highlighter because it is far too subtle, and it's not pigmented enough. I use a fluffy brush to distribute a fine layer (for day) and it leaves my skin with a slight glimmer, that in most lights looks beautiful. Close up, in harsh light, you can see the little particles of glitter. But for day-to-day use, it looks great.
I've gotten compliments on my skin while using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Nssmith281

Save your money. I got conned into buying this product at the Too Faced counter, by the friendly sales assistant.
This product is completely pointless. It is a hopeless highlighter (as nothing shows up unless you pile it on) and a terrible all over "translucent" face powder (as it has too much glitter in it, and will make you look like a vampire from Twilight)

All in all, waste of money. Shame, because I love Too Faced and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! ....don't be fooled!!