December 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Mattique Liquid Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by morganzia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

loreal was retarded to discontinue this, nothing else will ever be as great.Most products add shine,this takes it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

sigh just found iton ebay..itsmore than $30 each
my shade is classic ivory, cuz im pale and I hate anything pink or peach(orange) I also hate yellow but what can I do when neutral =peach which is worse...

soft ivory =peach undertones (neutral)
natural ivory =pink
classic =warm, yellow = mine good
pale = pinky! ugh
best makeup ever! goes on flawlessly with instant coverage with a tiny bit on your finger..no need to go back and "double up" anywhere like you missed a spot or need extra coverage somewhere!
instantly tightens up pores great for oily skin.
i love it! but at $30 each.. sigh
lancome (same company as L'oreal) OLD FORMULA teint idole was awesome too... the new teint idole ultra doesnt compare IMO
I hate makeup companies for "new and improved" formulas which suck and leave thousands of women on the hunt for years buying like 30 different foundations never satisfied... paying outrageous prices for old makeup on ebay that is expired! hahaha....
that is my life since 2005

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mattique Liquid Foundation. I loved this makeup. It had great coverage and was perfect for those of us who get oily through the day. I tend to have dry sensitive skin but this was a great foundation. It never irritated my sensitive skin and covered perfectly.

I found a few bottles at an old country pharmacy but I believe it is discontinued. Boo Hoo. I wish L'Oreal would bring it back. The shades were great too. The shade I recently found is very light but perfect for under the eye area and especially to cover red spots. It is the best makeup for the money. I plan to use it as a concealor to make it last while I search for a replacement for this HG.

If you are desperate and looking for something similar you could try DoubleWear by Estee Lauder or Revlon Colorstay or Magique Matte. Of course these are all owned by the same company or maybe it is competeting companies. Revlon and EL are one company while Lancome and Loreal the other. I am not sure. They each have their good, bad, ugly opinions. I truly think this was the better makeup for the money and quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by EM_Calypso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have nothing too original to say about this one, but I like it so much that I wanted to chime in. I think it's gone for ever unfortunately. Why do they always stop making the best products? The finish of this was so good! It was great for coverage and shine control. My face never felt like a grease pit when I used it, and that's rare for me with most foundations. I still have an old bottle around. I know the rule about throwing out old makeup, but I just can't let go. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by mjcrab

I've used this product for years and it's been great. I'm having a hard time finding it anywere so I think it might be discontinued. I have combination, slighty acne-prone, and extremely sensitive skin. This matte finish lasts through most of the day, however I use Almay Clear Complexion compact powder over it and touch up with that during the day. People have complained about the glass bottle, but in all these years, i've never broken one. My skin is changing a bit since I turned 30, so I'm looking for something that doesn't show fine lines as much after 6 hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think they no longer carry this product but it was excellent for oily skin and blended beautifully. Even better than my Revlon ColorStay. Plus there were nice shade selections.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by penelopemb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have they discontinued this? I can't find it anymore at the store. I'm sad about it because I used this foundation for years ... and got compliments all the time about how great my skin looked. I'm not a heavy foundation user (I have pretty good skin as it is) but I like something to knock off the shine and even out my skin tone, especially around my eyes. And I HATE makeup mask. This product has always been perfect for me, coverage not too heavy or too light, and kept my shine mostly at bay. If this is gone, I am in mourning ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This foundation is definitely for the very oily skinned, not even normal, the consistency and texture is way too dry. I like this makeup for very hot days and or times when I need my foundation to go from day to night. The only real thing that bugs me about this is that it is so dang hard to blend and apply, due to the matte/very dry texture. It does seem to set and dry very quickly, I would say this is med. coverage, depending how much you use. A good makeup, but I don't know if I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 9:37:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have tried, not HG material just because it isnt a perfect color match and doesnt cover all of my imperfections, but when I apply a powder ontop it looks flawless. What I love about this foundation is that it controld my oil for 8+ hours. Its so great and its because of the magnesium aluminum silicate at the top of the list of ingredients. Great for controlling oil. I dont get enough coverage and it doeasnt look as flawless if I dont apply a thin layer of Mac Sudio Fix over it, so thats what I do. This is the first foundation that has controlled my oil so well and I am looking into trying it's twin, Lancome Maquicontrole! Other foundations with similar ingredients that I am excited to try will help control oil are: Makeup Forever Oil-Free Foundation, Lola Cream Foundation, and Becca Loose Powder. All of these foundations contain the same ingredient that this foundation does to control oil for so long.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by thornma

I have extremely oily skin and have been back and forth between all brands of foundations from very expensive to very cheap drugstore brands. I have tried Prescriptives, Lancome, Estee Lauder (Double Wear and Double Matte), MAC, and the list goes on and on. I then went to this brand as my last resort as I basically am giving up on the expensive stuff. I have found this is the best foundation I have found so far - It does go on Matte which is a very good thing, but , just like the others, it does not keep my oily skin under control. Within a few hours, I am oily again. I can't hold that against this product however, because even the other brands I mention have this problem as well.I am sticking to this product. I however, have yet to find a foundation that keeps the oilies at bay all day!!