Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

3.5

Octinoxate 7.5%, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica [2011]

PROS: Definitely dewy finish which is VERY kind to wrinkles.

CONS: Horrible in my pores, even with primer I use for that purpose. THe color range leans heavily to orange. The sponge applicator is stoopid with two o's. I just removed it right away (and you can put the lid back over it to help seal it up when not in use.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I use Monistat chafing gel (or L'oreal's magic perfecting primer for a slightly more matte finish) tapped into my pores/wrinkles beforehand, letting it set a few minutes before applying the foundation. (Those two primers help a lot with my pores and helps the foundation to last longer ). (With a foundation that has this much "dew" in the finish, I would definitely lean toward using the magic perfecting primer.) I also like to put just a drop of grapeseed oil (it's a very light oil) mixed into my foundation before applying. (It's a crazy sounding idea, but it truly creates a magical finish that doesn't look greasy. I got the tip from makeup artist Wayne Goss on youtube. But do know that I'm combination/dry. It probably would not be good for someone who is oily or wants a matte finish. And I would NOT use it with this foundation, because it's already so dewy.) I use a soft blending brush, like Sonia Kashuk's core synthetic blending brush, to apply and blend. I sometimes top off with a light spritz of MAC's fix plus to make foundation last longer, and I definitely would with this one.

ALTERNATES: L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced is very kind to wrinkles and pores (best I've tried out of 48 foundations.) Gives a beautiful satin finish. I'm N10-15 (leaning to NC) with ruddy patches. At my palest, I wear 143 (soft ivory). When tanner, I mix in a bit (less than 1/4) of 148 (natural buff) with 3/4's of the 143.

on 12/20/2014 2:10:00 AM

I have purchased this product several times, as it is a really nice and convenient drugstore foundation for a quick everyday look. The main reason I like it is that I found a perfect color match for my fair skin with pink undertones (120 - creamy ivory). Most foundations colors are too yellow on my face. The second thing I like is the convenient sponge-top applicator. I know some reviewers dislike it but it is meant to dab onto your face without getting your hands messy, not to use as a blending tool. Just a couple of swipes where I need it, followed by a foundation brush or fingertip blending and that's it. It has a lovely sheer, velvety matte finish that doesn't seem to settle in fine lines and wrinkles. Finally, I like the added sunscreen. Great for travel, too. Highly recommend for a good light-coverage foundation at an affordable price.

on 11/24/2014 7:06:00 AM

I like it as primer for my estee lauder maximum cover .

on 11/7/2014 1:03:00 AM

2 lippies for blend ability. However...
This is the most annoying packaging and application method ever. The clicking gets jammed and the sponge applicator still requires blending with fingers,sponge,brush - What have you. The pricing is a bit much for a drugstore makeup. It doesn't erase anything for me.

on 10/12/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am looking for a drugstore foundation to wear when I am off work and running errands. No need to use my Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting Creme foundation for those days. Now, if I could find a drugstore foundation that becomes my new HG, that would be icing on the cake!

Maybelline brings me back to my high school days (where did the time go???). A Maybelline fdtn, don't remember which one, was my go-to foundation until my skin required more hydration. Thought I would try Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup, since the name indicates it's made with a formula to benefit women in my age group.

I held several shades up to my face while looking in the mirror near the makeup section. 200 Creamy Natural came the closest to my skin tone. I have the skin tone which is difficult to match, so off to a good start with Rewind Eraser.

Packaging is something left to be desired. A pump dispenser would have been less messy, but instead Maybelline went with a gimmick dispenser. Foundation dispenses in the "eraser" after turning the dark colored part of the bottle left. I dot the eraser on the back of my hand once or twice, and then use a foundation brush to apply foundation from back of hand to my face.

Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup glided well over my face, and pleasantly surprised it covered those pesky little imperfections and uneven skin tone. Gave the foundation time to set before inspecting to see if it dove into fine lines. Results - it doesn't sink into fine lines and highlight them, but it didn't settle as nicely as Re-Nutriv. Not expecting the same results as with Re-Nutriv, so won't take off lippies for that. Finish is natural and matte. Impressed with the matte finish. If one has dry skin, like myself, a matte finish can give the appearance of taut and dry skin, but not this one. I haven't felt comfortable wearing a true blue matte finish for years, so this really stood out to me.

The reason for giving three lippies is the foundation doesn't provide enough hydration for my skin. As I mentioned in the above paragraph, my skin didn't look taunt and dry, but within fifteen minutes, my skin felt taunt and dry. I have read reviews written by women with dry skin, and the foundation worked out well for them. With the coverage and finish it provided, wish it had worked well for my skin, too.

UPDATE 11/15/14-I used to exfoliate at night, but now that I exfoliate in the morning and night (my skin requires a gentle exfoliation twice a day now that fall is here), Instant Age Rewind fdtn feels less drying on my skin. Exfoliate, serum, moisturize, and apply fdtn. Happy I can now wear this comfortably. Will alternative between this fdtn and Estee Lauder Resilience Lift fdtn. Changed rating from three lippies to four.

on 10/8/2014 8:54:00 PM

This is good foundation and when I wear it I feel it makes me look younger. When its not on though my skin doesnt look as healthy but this is a good foundation and lasts a long time!.

on 10/4/2014 10:19:00 PM

I have to admit I like this one. I don't have issues finding a shade that fits me (it's mostly ivory, in every brand), and the covering is not the best, but I really like the sponge (a pump could be better but not that practical, perhaps). The skin looks softer and not very dry or oily. I can't really understand the 'anti-age' effect, but it works for a quick makeup with some powder on top. I'll buy it again.

on 9/17/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this foundation. It's not 100% perfect for my skin. Like it still oils up after a long day and creases in places. But coverage it's pretty good. I wish it came in a pump. The sponge is a little gross. I clean my weekly by swirling it it California Baby unscented baby shampoo. Still though, it feels a little gross to me.

Color: Creamy Ivory

on 8/12/2014 12:45:00 PM

I would love to give this product a full review . . . if only I could get it out of the container. I turn endlessly and nothing comes out. I pulled off the sponge from the top and actually stuck a pin in to the tube to see if there was something stuck. I was able to pull out the liquid on the pin, but nothing comes out on its own no matter how hard I try! Needless to say, it was a waste of $11.00 if I can't even get the damn product out of the bottle!

So short of cutting the container open, what's the trick to getting this stuff out?

on 8/7/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this foundation so much! I ordered it online Cus we don't have it here :( the price was ok for it! And I love it Even that it will look better on normal to dry skin and even for combo skin types! But with my oily skin I need to apply a powder on top!! It looks so natural and having a nice healthy finish! It feels like ur not wearing anything on ur face! But still like ur skin but so much better! After all that I really like it for day time or when I'm going shopping it's so perfect! Easily to apply with fingers! Ooo and the foundation has a pink undertone!!! But I don't have a big problem with it Cus with the time it disappears!! And looks nice :)