December 23, 2014 | 1556 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2042 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For a drugstore foundation, the price is average. For me, the foundation seemed "dry", It didn't go on very smooth. I need something with more moisture in it. I had a hard time determining the right shade, but that aside, I didn't care for the formulation. I prefer L'Oreal foundation to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by sakigewea

I have been using this product for over a year now and love it. The coverage is generally excellent, unless you're towards the end of the bottle, in which case, as expected, it gets to be kind of light. It lasts all day with minimal shin. I generally have oily skin but when I use this product the appearance of oil tends to be much less, unless I used a heavy moisturizer beforehand. I am not a fan of the 'glitter/sparkles', however. I didn't even notice that this foundation had that until a couple of months ago after I washed my face and noticed it was still glistening. For me at least, taking off the makeup at the end of the day is very easy but getting the glitter off, not so much. But all in all it's a great product! I need a lot of coverage, three-ish pumps a day, and the package will still last me over a month, which is a great deal in my opinion! I would recommend to anyone who wants great coverage that'll last all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by delocke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i purchased this because i wanted to try a revlon foundation - i have a huge collection but had never tried any revlon ones. i purchased this in the shade 002 shell and it was a good match (i'm mac nw15). texture is lovely, except for the GLITTER! i have never in my life seen a glittery foundation. it's not subtle glitter either, it literally looks like i smeared glitter on parts of my face because it's not evenly distributed. it collected all around my nose, really unpleasant. i covered it with loose powder as best as i could but the glitter was still there. i wore it to work and no one mentioned the glitter so i hope it's mostly just me seeing it. aside from the glitter i quite liked this foundation - the coverage is quite sheer, it allows your skin to breathe and the colour match was perfect. i will use up what i bought because it's pretty expensive for a chemist foundation but definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Really love this foundation and tried it after looking at it for a year. It's very pretty and looks very radiant on the skin. I love how it makes my skin glow. I am always the 3rd lightest color in foundations and this was no different. I matched to 003. I am Nw20 in MAC and am cool toned and light.

This foundation can be a bit much if you use more than you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by highpitched

this makes my face look so pretty and smooth and doesn't irritate my acne and stays all day for school! I love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mizzzim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin with patches of eczema popping up now that the weather is colder and drier. I also sadly have rosacea. I grabbed this foundation and was actually thrilled with it. It went on very smoothly and evenly despite that it might have been too dark or yellow for me. I plan on heading back to the store for a better color match.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by breannalynnn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do not like this foundation. It has light coverage which is not for me, I have blemishes that I'd like to cover up. It also has little shimmery particles in it that look a little odd on the face..I'm not really into that for any kind of event, especially where pictures would be taken. The good thing about it is the price and that the bottle has a pump so it's easier to apply. If you don't mind the sparkles and aren't looking for a lot of coverage, you might like this foundation but I just don't at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by TFaulkner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the Revlon Colorstay makeup previously but it was a bit too heavy for me. I've been using Photoready (in Shell) for the last month or so and I'm really liking it. Pump bottle is easy to use and you don't need a lot, a half-pump or so is usually enough. When used with the Photoready Primer with Color Correct it goes on very smoothly and hides pores very well. Coverage is good and it's buildable. I really like the gentle glow it gives my face. Some people have mentioned the sparkly bits might be a bit much but I find a light dusting of face powder (I just use Cover Girl loose powder with a puff) sets it well and leaves a really nice luminescence. Price is a bit higher than I prefer but both products are often on sale. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by JullieB

I've been turning to this even more now that it's fall/winter. My skin is normal/dry with some oiliness in the t-zone. To apply, I just rub about 1/2 pump between my fingers and daub on starting with nose-chin-forehead and under my eyes (lightly) and blend out from there. If I need more, just use a small amount as it goes a long way. This foundation adds warmth, a bit of radiance (the mica factor is pretty minimal in my opinion) and provides a natural, long-lasting finish. It doesn't oxidize or make me shiny--just wears all day and looks good. In my job, I often go from morning until evening so need something with minimal touch ups and this fits the bill. Would love it if it was a little more natural and 'good' for my skin, but I like it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is my back-up drugstore foundation, I primarily use MAC Pro-long wear, but if I'm running low or I'm not going out much that day I'll wear this one instead. Their Nude shade is a good color match for me, I don't notice the sparkles and neither does anyone I've asked so that is not a problem for me. I would say it's light-medium coverage, slightly buildable, a good concealer is necessary if you need to cover blemishes or dark circles but it does a good job of evening skin tone without making it look cakey or fake. It is a bit emollient for my tastes, I get shiny with it, but I get shiny with most foundations which is why MAC's Pro-long wear is my go-to. Nevertheless, I will always have a bottle of this in my arsenal.