August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapefruit Seed Extract

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just Grapefruit seed extract. It's the best cleaner i have found. I don't know anything about it COSMETICALLY.

I know that it cleans wood, carpet, tiles, etc., and without toxins. (As a caretaker of a parrot, this is really important.)

Please let me know what more you find out about this substance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jrwright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Grapefruit Essential Oil I purchase has done wonders for my skin. In place of my regular moisturizer at night, after cleansing, toning, and/or scrubbing. There is a slight sting but definitely worth it. Skin is tightened and smooth for make-up application, shrinks pours, evens skin tone, great as a spot treatment. Essential Oils are such natural beauty secrets. Will purchase forever, I have nothing else to say and this is staying in my routine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by jodie111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

no household under the sun should be without this stuff. apparently, it's a little-known gem, considering there is only one review for it! you can put a few drops on your face (clears up acne), or ingest it (a few drops in your oj- that's what i do), or use it to clean your house.... i could go on and on- just google it! get it on vitacost.com for great, low price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one I have is NutriBiotic GSE. It's all natural.
From the label: "NutriBiotic GSE Liquid Concentrate contains Citricidal, a natural quaternary compound synthesized from the seed and pulp of organically grown grapefruit. The grapefruit bioflavonoids (polyphenolics) are converted into an extremely potent compound that has been proven highly effective in numerous applications."
There are many uses for this. I haven't discovered them all I've used it for: 1) face wash - Wet my face and apply 3 drops on my fingers and then rub it around in circular motions on my face. Leaves face squeaky clean but not dried out.
2) mouthwash - Add a couple of drops to your mouthwash (or in water) and swish it around in your mouth. Kills germs that cause bad breath.
3) shower spray - Add about 20-30 drops GSE, and 20 drops of tea tree oil to 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle. I like to add 10 drops of lavender essential oil for fragrance. I spray my shower tiles and this cuts back on mold and scum build up. Works great (antibacterial).
4) keeps colds at bay - Add 4-5 drops in orange juice. I take it when I feel a cold coming.
The taste is a little bitter. Not too overwhelming. Orange juice or any kind of juice will mask the bitterness. I picked this up at Vitamin Shoppe (should be able to find it in a health food store). You need very little so it should last a very long time. There are so many uses for this (check out the uses on a google search) it's unbelievable. I'm glad I found out about this. I highly recommend this and would definitely buy again. :)

Update: I use my shower spray recipe (see above) for my back (mild back itches/bacne) and it works great. I shake the bottle then spray my back. Soap up my whole body leaving my back for last, rub with loofah and then rinse off. No more itch. :)