July 23, 2014 | 1308 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Vitamin C Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by 01juliemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is such a great serum!! I love it. I used it in combination with vitamin E and it really and truly helps with fine lines and scarring. I did notice however, after discontinued use the fine lines became more apparent again but I suppose that's with any product. I use it at night and in the mornings on problem areas. About 1 or 2 times a week I will apply all over before bedtime. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Dangitsamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this serum! I've been using this every night for about 2 months (under my tbs vitamin e night cream) and have a beautiful glow as a result. My skin is noticeably brighter and softer. I've realized that if I use a heavier night regime, I'm not as oily during the day and this is perfect! I'm very fair and get frecks just from driving. This product has helped fade my freckles to where they are easily covered by my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I purchased this based on the reviews that I read but honestly I don't find that it made a huge difference in my skin. Maybe it was a slight difference but not enough to pinpoint this as the culprit. it was also expensive at$40 I would not repurchase.I am disappointed in this product

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jam09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me tell you something about this serum. I thought it was going to change my life. I was so excited to get my hands on this, knowing how essential antioxidants are to healing and protecting the skin, and reading about how it would lighten and brighten the dark spots on my face. That's what I wanted to use it for mainly - my red hyperpigmentation left over from acne. I alternated using this every other night to get started. A few weeks in, I saw an episode of DermTV on YouTube in which Dr. Schultz said Ascorbic Acid (the second ingredient in this serum) could be an irritant for sensitive skin. And I have incredibly sensitive skin. Turns out this is what I was experiencing because I had clusters of acne form on my cheeks after using this product for a while. At first, I thought it was just purging everything out but decided to stop use anyway. It took about 2 MONTHS for that stubborn acne to go away. Now I'm left with hyperpigmentation from that but am using an amazing skin lightener and exfoliant by Paula's Choice.

Bottom line: If you have sensitive skin, beware. Look for another Vitamin C product WITHOUT Ascorbic Acid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this serum for about 2 months now every other night as instructed by the directions. I've never used a serum before, so I have nothing to compare this with.

I haven't seen a dramatic difference to be honest, my skin does seem "cleaner" and "fresher" looking lately. My main skin concerns is freckles on the high points of my cheeks, and some reddness under the nose. It hasn't faded these dramtically, but I do think it has given my skin an overall fresher look.

On the skin texture itself, it has improved the elasticity slightly. I notice my skin is a little firmer to touch in the mornings.Nothing too dramatic, but I would credit this improvement to the serum.

It hasn't broken me out, and I like the texture of the serum. I think I was hesitant to try a serum for the longest time because I thought it would be too oily. But this product absorbs into the skin very quickly and leaves a nice base for my moisturiser.

I would purchase this again. It is a bit pricey ($AUD62) but I think this bottle will last me at least 6 to 9 months as I only use it in the evening every other night. Compared to other department store brands like Lancome, it's relatively affordable. The smell of the product isn't nice, but it's not foul either. I prefer it not having an artificial smell anyway.

I love Mario Badescu products. This is my 3rd product I've tried and as always, love the results given. I wasn't expecting these to fade my freckles, but was hoping to prevent further freckles and sun spots from developing. I think it has done that. I can't say it has improved the appearance of my freckles/Sun spots, and I'm not sure if it's the placebo affect, but I think it may have reduced the frecles by the tinest bit.

If you're looking at introducing serums into your skincare routine, I would definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Teenyireeny

You could really see a difference in about 2 weeks of use. You use the serum on clean just washed skin. Then apply your night cream on top. I have been using in conjunction with la mer soft cream and my skin is at its best. After one Overnight use: skin feels hydrated immediately like it has never been. In the morning there is luminosity you look well rested. After two weeks of use: redness in face is dramatically reduced esp around cheeks and face looks brighter and more healthy. I have been using for couple months now and will continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by rec1183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 2 months now, all is I can say is WOW! A little background on my skin: African-American, late 20s NC50 in MAC foundations, #178 in MUFE HD foundation, extremely oily, and acne-prone. I didn't get a lot of pimples as a teenager but fastfoward to my 20s, my face became a big mess! :( Through a cocktail of products, seeing a dermatologist, and an antibiotic regimen- my acne subsided but I still had the ugly dark scars.

I learned about this product by just randomly scouring the internet, and decided to give it a try after reading all the wonderful reviews. I got it from Ulta for about $45 (not cheap), and I made sure to save my receipt just in case. I am not exagerrating when I tell you I noticed a difference the morning after the first night I used it. My face looked vibrant. Even though I'm dark-skinned, my face has a tentency to look pale....kinda greyish but I looked brighter (not lighter) and more awake. Within these 2 months, all my scars have practically disappeared. I have also noticed that I am less oily during the day when I use this product.....mind you, I only use it at night and wash my face in the morning and apply my normal oil-free moisturizer under my foundation. This past weekend, I went to a Sephora by my house to try some new powders. I didn't wear anything on my face other than moisturizer. When it was time to test the different colors on my face, the MUA said I should wipe the foundation off my jawline area but I told her I didn't have anything on. She was like "wow you have very good skin!". I almost cried! People with good skin may not understand the feeling but NO ONE has ever said that to me before. This is the girl who has struggled with acne and acne scars, it was like music to my ears. My skin has never been clearer.

But let me be clear in pointing out that I'm not sure this is what is preventing my pimples but I can tell you for sure this is what is fading the scars. I use the Mario Badescu acne facial wash, Clinique dramatically different gel (every morning), Queen Helene acne masque (2-3 times a week), LaRoche-Posay Effaclar duo (at night during that time of the month to prevent breakout). Sounds like a lot but it really isn't.

It's been two months, and I'm not even half way through the bottle yet. It comes with a dropper so you don't have to worry about wasting. 2-3 drops is good for my entire face. It's oily but it soaks into my skin the minute I rub it in so you don't have to worry about staining your pillow case when you go to sleep. Sometimes, I concentrate more on my laughter lines (not wrinkles, I got it from my father....LOL), and it's actually smoothened it out. I recommend anyone suffering from hyperpigmentation or acne scars give this a try. Get it from somewhere like Sephora or Ulta with good return policies just in case you don't like it. Good luck! ;)

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by GrantMichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Generally this won't do much if you don't have a good cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine that works for you. But if you do, I bet it will work beautifully under your sunscreen. Do not use with Sal. Acid, they will react together and cause painful redness. If you do use Sal. Acid, do so at night.

So yeah Vitamin C makes your skin super defended against the sun and other harmful elements.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

Was recommended to me by a salesperson at Ulta - I was looking for something to address hyper-pigmentation spots. This serum is amazing; after 1 month I have soft, smooth skin; even tone, well-moisturized. Fine lines have disappeared, to my surprise.
I use the Vitamin C serum every night and no longer need my glycolic acid and retinol creams. As for the sun spots they have lightened somewhat but are still there so I am going to try laser therapy next. This serum is my HG secret weapon to keep my skin youthful. In the morning I use MUAC apple stem cell serum under their Preventhelia SPF15 sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by jasmine3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum is amazing! I've been using the MB Glycolic Gel and when I added this to my daily regime my skin transformed into the best it has ever been! So far loving both products, and even though my skin is combination oily with occasional dry spots (using Estee Lauder Doublewear seems to dry me out a little), this serum does not make me too oily or too dry. I can almost always tell when I've missed a day of using this (and the glycolic gel) because my skin just does not look as smooth or bright. HG.