July 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Conditioner - Roux - Porosity Control Corrector Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sarahholman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because of the positive reviews in regards to damage repairing hair care. I fried my honey blond hair with John Frieda go blonder spray a few months ago. I used this and a protein treatment to attempt to reconstruct my broken, frizzy, cotton candy hair and saw great success. I have continued to use this and my hair is nice, soft shiny and strong despite continuously re bleaching my hair. The reason I am sure this product works so well is that last night I forgot to use it and today my hair feels dry and is back to the frizzy mess I had before discovering porosity control. I will continue to use this conditioner in conjunction with my everyday conditioner in an effort to maintain healthy hair. This product is amazing. Highly recommended to anyone who has bleached hair or streaks looking for a quick fix that can be archived every wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE: Repurchased. Sally's has Roux products on for buy one/get one free for October 2012.
Smooths down the cuticle on my naturally dry wavy (sometimes frizzy) hair. I was using Wella Regenal before it got discontinued.

I CO often. After cleansing, I apply a moisturizing conditioner or light conditioning rinse. I rinse and then apply the Roux product next. It only needs to be left on 30 seconds. This helps seals the moisture in and have the cuticle lay flat. I noticed a difference from one use. My hair has more shine when I use this and feels healthy. Hair is highlighted with bleach and past shoulders.
**************************************************
from the Sally site:

Leaves hair natural looking vibrant and manageable
Makes hair feel smooth and closes the cuticle
Moisturizes, detangles, lusterizes
Ingredients as listed on the Sally site

Aqua (Water) (Eau), Oleyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica

*no silicone
I will repurchase as long as I can find this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by aga00

Where to begin...I have bra strap length heavily highlighted blonde hair. It is very dry brittle, I have to use a lot of serums, conditioners ($$$) etc to maintain a healthy "look" to my hair. I am getting sick of silicones in everything and think its making my hair drier. I use coconut oil, neem oil as leave in treatments from time to time, however it doesn't feel like my hair really drinks up the moisture.
Along came this product, I was reading reviews on Sally's and took the plunge, I have to say after one use I can really tell a difference in my hairs texture, I really think this is what it needed. There is no silicone in this either bonus. My ends feel more moisturized and the lengths of my hair feel more "slippy". Mind you i straighten my hair 4 times a week, I doubt I will ever regenerate it to its full glory, but I will continue to use this product. i can't believe the amount of money i was spending on kerastase etc, and this does a better job than anything out there! So go ahead, try it, i doubt you will be dissapointed!! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my hair is colored, fine (but there's a ton of it which is good bc i shed like crazy!), easily tangled, dry, curly/wavy, with fried ends from heat styling.

this is usually the only thing i use on my hair in the shower. occasionally i need to shampoo my roots/scalp first, or if my hair is feeling extra dry, i'll use a deep conditioner instead. otherwise, it's my one and only! <3

i apply this generously from my ends all the way up to the crown area, work it in, and let it sit while i shave my legs, etc then i rinse it out at the end of my shower.

it's lightweight, and detangles, moisturizes, and strengthens my hair without weighing it down. it also seems to minimize my shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by longhairlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the sample pack from the bss because it was my first time using it. The reason I bought it was to balance the moisture in my hair after a protein treatment turned my hair hard!!! Anyway, after I let it sit in my hair for 30 min I washed it out and my hair was back to normal. Thank God because my hair was shedding like crazy after the protein treatment. You should buy this if you need more moisture in your hair immediately

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I discovered this product while watching videos on Youtube about people self-relaxing their hair and the types of conditioners they use after the process. I've been self-relaxing my own hair for years, and I'm always looking for something that will improve the texture of my hair afterwards. This product has been spoken of very highly, so I bought a couple of packets of it! (I wasn't trying to buy a bottle of it, be mad, and waste a lot of money!) I used it after I was finished relaxing my hair to restore the Ph balance. My hair feels like new when I use it! I highly recommend it!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a hair product junkie. If it promises to add moisture or shine, I am on it like white on rice. That said, I have a bathroom basket full of half-used "broken promises".

This additive was something I came across in a hair care forum for women of color. I have always read these but never felt compelled to try the complicated regimens described. I am too busy and don't want to invest hours or even days loading up on multiple products and a complicated regimen. I relax my hair about every 5 to 6 weeks myself with a lye-based professional product (my hair grows really fast and I get it cut about every 8 weeks to maintain my chin length stacked bob). What caught my eye was so many women with relaxed hair raving over this product. I decided that for $8, what did I have to lose? OMG(oodness) why did I wait so long???

The results were amazing even on the first try, and things have only gotten better since. I mix this with my deep conditioner du jour about 50/50 and add a little Vitamin E oil and jojoba oil. I put on a plastic cap and depending upon whether I am washing my hair at night or morning, I either sit under the dryer for 30-40 minutes or sleep in it overnight. I then rinse and either wrap it to air dry or blow dry. I use a little thermal protecting spray and the flat iron on mid-level heat to bump the ends. Often I don't even choose to use the flat iron. The over-processed (read "porous") ends--eliminated. The overall texture-- markedly smoother and silkier. I don't know what is in this stuff, but I do not plan to *ever* be without it. I used it after a relaxer as part of the neutralizing process and could not believe the difference. I have a girlfriend who is Caucasian and she has some seriously over processed hair. Frizzy and dry looking, but won't keep a curl and at the same time sort of limp. She colors her hair for grey and does some kind of high-light or low-lights too. She doesn't use this with a heat cap, but after one use mixed with her creme rinse (still trying to make her understand what moisture and protein can do for her) she is also hooked.

Both of us marvel at the improved shine and smoothness, and since she still likes "big hair" she is happy with the fullness and lack of feeling her hair is weighed down. I am pleased because my hair has that swing and silkiness I am accustomed to getting at the salon, but came at the price of damaged hair from too many alcohol based styling products and high heat from irons.

I hope they never stop producing this, because then I will have to go back to roaming the aisles at Ulta, Sephora and Sally's looking for the next big thing...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Interesting product. I'm still learning how to work with it, as many people suggest different ways to use it. I have long, dry, fine, highlighted hair that is frizzy as hell. The combo is difficult to work with, because the heavy silicone products used to tame frizzies weigh down fine hair and also eventually dry out dry hair. So I'm looking for other ways to tame frizz.

Porosity Control is a thin, slightly gooey conditioner. It doesn't smell very good, it reminds me of bathroom cleaner, but I've smelled worse hair products. It definitely reduces frizz and makes for a softer, smoother blow out. Of course, if you have fine or thin hair, that also means you have less body, so it depends on what you are trying to achieve. I have been using it as a final rinse after a deeper conditioner because it isn't super moisturizing, but if you don't have dry hair, it might be enough on it's own. I don't think it has any silicones, and it doesn't leave a film on your hair. I am hoping that continued use will improve my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Supergirl0143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It restores the ph balance in hair before and after chemical process, and reduces porosity. Wonderful product when it comes to bleached hair. Been using this for several years and absolutely love it.

The way I use it is, 1 day before bleaching... rinse my hair (no shampoo) apply porosity control corrector/conditioner, leave on for 1-2 mins, rinse. Then I air dry, using no styling products only Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.

Next day I apply Coconut Oil as pre-bleach treatment, leave on for 60 min then proceed to bleaching (Ion Color Brilliance Powder Lightener & Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 vol developer).

After rinsing bleach, I apply Porosity Control Corrector/Conditioner, leave on for a min or 2, rinse and then shampoo and proceed to Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment. Followed by deep conditioning.

(The whole touch-up process of bleaching/protein/deep conditioning takes me a full day so I usually wait a day or 2 before toning.)

Porosity Control Corrector/Conditioner is a wonderful product... I always keep a bottle in my stash and highly recommend this to anyone with chemically processed hair =)

EDIT: Took off 1 lippie... Just tried the new formula and it has a very old lady perfume type smell. The old formula (pale blue color) used to smell great! I still love the results, and will continue to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by moonchita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I colour my hair every 2 weeks and I recently got a root perm to give my hair body. So, basically my hair is pretty fried. Anyway, this product makes my hair soft, smooth, shiny, and glossy- despite the torture I put my poor hair through. I cannot believe how reasonable the price is and you only have to leave it on for 30 seconds!! It also seems to fill in the porous bits of my fine hair and has actually been giving it volume- WOO HOO!! I have found a product that conditions my hair in the most beautiful way, gives it volume, gloss and doesnt weigh my fine hair down- this is truly a hair miracle (someone alert the vatican). Love this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No