Essie Matte About You

4.4

Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Dissobutyrate, Silica, Adipic Acid/neopnetyl Glycol/trimllitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonum Hectorite, Citric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm extremely torn about this product. On the one hand, it does a fantastic job mattifying my nails. It's very satisfying to see your boring old polishes turn into gorgeous matte colours. My nails look amazing, with no more hassle than my regular nail routine is. On the other hand, I'm severely disappointed in this as a top coat. I've used it with two different, good quality and usually long lasting nail polishes, and with this top coat they've started chipping within one or two days. Despite a base coat (Essie's All in one, which I adore), two coats of polish and this top coat, they don't last nearly as good as they do with Seche vite top coat, my standard choice of top coat. I guess instead of creating a protecting layer like Seche vite does, this sinks into the nail polish more, and it feels like it makes the polish brittle. I get that a top coat that changes the appearance of a nail polishes won't be as longwearing as for example Seche vite, but the way I see it it's a problem when your polish chips earlier with top coat than it does without.

Overall, fun product, but I wouldn't repurchase as I don't fancy having to repaint my nails every other day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very good topcoat. I don't love the brush (it's the standard Essie brush, which I hate) but the product is great.

It goes on easily, dries very quickly, and is completely matte. I wasn't sure I liked the look at first, but I'm really getting into it.

I've tried other matte top coat nail polishes but none have even come close to this! Perfect.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am so glad I consulted this site before buying a matte top coat nail polish. I had bought one, checked this site, returned it and bought this one. And I am SO glad I did. It leaves a chalkboard-like finish on your nails and is not like other brands in that it truly does leave a solid matte finish. Don't waste your time, money, and energy on other matte polishes that don't work. You do have to look kind of hard to find it in a store (it is not sold as a bottle, it is inside a box) but the price is reasonable for the result that comes out of it. I have gone through many bottles and I will continue to buy this brand!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the most matte top coat that I have ever used. I've tried cheaper alternatives, but they leave a satin finish instead of a matte. I finally gave in and bought the highly-praised Essie one. While I do not like Essie color polishes, I really liked this top coat. It went on even, dried fast and did not streak like most Essie polishes do. I don't like the brush, though. I find it too skinny, even for my small nails.
If you're looking for a matte top coat, don't waste your money on others. Just go with this one. If nail artists like it, there's a reason!

At first it gives a great matte look. After a few days it wears off. Over all great product and would buy again.

very very very matte. really good to create that matte effect- makes nails super dry looking. I cannot speak for the wear of the product... as I can't get any polish or top coat to last more than 24 hours on me!

I've never really been into matte nails, but this product does work really well at creating a smooth, matte nail.

I use this with pastel nail colours that are normally very thick and streaky. Layering the colours over the matte nail polish creates a nice smooth surface and prevents streaks. Just be sure to let the matte coat dry completely before putting more colour on. Base coat, colour, matte coat, colour, top coat.

If you have any pastels that are streaky and hard to work with, try this!! It works great.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is great matte top coat. I absolutely love it. Tried Revlon before but this is way better. One coat works perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i heard really good things about this so i finally gave in and tried it out. it did leave my nails extremely matte but only for a day. in the morning they were shiny again so the results aren't lasting. second of all i got the white lumps people are talking about on the first use. i thought i was using it wrong but now i see i'm not the only one. i will never cheat on my HG matte topcoat again. Warpaint Beauty Matte Topcoat (from Hot Topic)

Top Rated Essie Products