April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Genes Vitamin E Swiss Collagen Complex Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by meemicah

This moisturizer is MAGIC for my skin. I can see how it might be too thick and greasy for some people, I don't like the feeling of greasiness either and don't normally use a moisturizer but Genes somehow works really well on my super sensitive combo skin. Even at 25, I still have a tendency to break out with pimples here and there, but if I put a thin layer of this at night, it seems to rebalance my skin. That's the best way to explain it, it balances out the oiliness and adds light moisture to the dryness, but not in a disgusting greasy way. I like using this at night and mixing it with turmeric powder and my skin looks AMAZING in the morning. I basically just use this at night, especially in winter, and I would recommend it if you have combo, very sensitive skin like me. I know the Vitamins and Collagen and all that sounds like such a huge scam, but SOMETHING in it's working :) I ordered it off Amazon which is how I first heard about it, but when I run out, I'm getting it from Sam's Club.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very thick & moisturizing lotion. I think it contains an adequate amount of vitamin E to make a noticible difference to your skin. Because this lotion leaves my skin smooth & supple, I will repurchase when i run out, as it was only $7 at a sam's club store.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Aunt who is a pharmacist, recommended this since I was having a series of eczema break outs. Immediately, I was impressed by the ingredient lists and the claims sounded just as remarkable. The consistency is thick but easily spreadable. It does leave a greasy residue that some people wouldn't like but it's what my severely dry skin loves. I use to slather it all over myself, but I started realizing how a little goes a long way. The product doesn't irritate my skin and I love how it can be applied to body, face and neck. I haven't had any breakouts as a result of it and the flaky spots of my skin are being healed. I haven't noticed much of a smell to it, the smell it has is very light and disappears after a few minutes of applying to the skin. The packaging is typical for an emollient lotion, but it could use a pump and better ink on the packaging. Because my skin is so dry i do find myself reapplying here and there, as I do with most lotions. However, I feel as my skin is actually getting nutrition with this product and not just petroleum for temporary relief.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Itamakeup112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great! Very moisturizing as a day creme!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The jar is huge, the cream is very greasy and sits on top of the skin. The smell is strong, but OK. I did't notice any difference on my skin. OK as a body cream. Can be used as a night cream too, too greasy to be a day cream. I will not buy again. The jar is not hygienic

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by skinprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG moisturer. This amazing cream keeps my skin looking youthful from head to toe. I add a little water when I use it on my face for day time while I use it full strength at night time. I swear my wrinkles are becoming less noticeable and my melasma is lightening. I also use this right after showering as a body lotion and apply a little extra on my heels. I've always had a problems with cracked dry heels. Since using this cream, my heels are as soft and smooth as a baby's butt. I use to spend over $150 for my face cream and $45 for eye cream so it is also a bonus that this cream can be purchased at Sam's club for $8 for a 16 oz jar. I've also found it at Amazon 2 jars for $22 with free shipping if you spend $25. I read it's great on stretch marks and helps with acne scars, too. My friends tell me how great my skin look and keep asking what am using. Its my fountain of youth and I can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lunitaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cream since 2005 and it has saved my skin! I love, love, love it. I have terribly dry and sensitive skin and this is the only product I have found that doesn't sting and irritate my face. I stumbled upon it at Sam's and have been hooked ever since. I have taken the tub to my dermatologist to show him and see what he thought about it and he said keep on using it! In December of 2004 I got a chemical burn from a Chanel perfume that I tried on at a fragrance counter. Ever since then I have had eczema and terribly sensitive skin on my face. I am so over joyed that I have found this product and it keeps my skin hydrated, clear and looking great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by sugarqb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this at Sam's for about $8 because of the reviews. I will update with a review later after I use it for awhile. Before purchasing, I was looking for the ingredients list and couldn't find any info. So the following are the ingredients (for those who are interested):

states:"Vitamins E, A, D combined over 200,000 IUs ... contains biologically compatible amounts of vitamin E, A, and D plus Panthenol and Allantoin."

ingredients: distilled water, safflower oil, glyceryl stearate and PEG-100 stearate, tocopheryl (vitamin E), sesame oil, isopropyl palmitate, mango seed oil, shea nut butter, collagen, stearic acid, ceteareth-20, sweet almond oil, macademia nut oil, cetyl alcohol, brazil nut oil, panthenol, octyldodecanol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, propylene glycol, vitamin A palmitate with vitamin D3, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), triethanolamine, sorbitan stearate, pure plant essences known as essential oils (fragrance), methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, allantoin, butylparaben, pemulen, annatto, and caramel

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by coltynzgramz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first cream/lotion I have found that doesn't cause a skin reaction after using for a period of time. I absolutely feel I can't live without this stuff. I slather it on after showering and shaving for baby smooth and soft, hydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have dry/combo somewhat sensitive skin and this cream does wonders for me. I mostly use it morning and night as a facial moisturizer after cleansing and toning. No breakouts from it, just smooth, hydrated, evenly toned skin. A little goes a long way so it will last forever. It's cheap too! Only about $7 at Sams Club. No need to splurge on high end creams, this stuff rocks my world.