December 21, 2014 | 1359 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Herbashine

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice hair color, biggest plus is that it doesnt color skin on scalp and forehead, washes off easily no trace that you actually colored your hair. Awesome

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Rana11

I had blonde highlights this summer and wanted to go brunette for the fall. I dyed my hair with Clairol Nice n Easy Medium Natural Brown (permanent), but after only 3 washes, the color faded away and left me with a very brassy and dry look and my highlights came out orange - yuck! I wanted a shiny brown color that makes my hair look healthy again! So, I decided to try this product in Dark Brown 400 shade. I am not sure if the product is discontinued in the U.S., but in Canada, we can find it everywhere and they still advertise the product on their Canadian website.

Pros: My hair color turned out a gorgeous dark brown! Very shiny and soft and the color is even, unlike the Nice n Easy color! Also, I keep getting compliments from everyone at work on how healthy my hair looks! I see in previous reviews that people complain about the smell, but I actually like it!
Cons: For some reason, the color is a bit harder to apply than other products I used (gets hard while applying it, so difficult to spread), but not a big deal. Also, I don't like the packaging of the conditioner as I never know where to store the leftover.

This product is definitely a winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by hayleysherrel

I used this to make my hair brown. I previously had kind of darkish blonde hair. It was a success, easy to use and what not, however my only problem was that after 28 washes it still to this day hasn't washed out. I kind of got sick of it after a while and thought 'well it will wash out' but yeah. From my experience it's great product and from reading the other reviews it did wash out. But now I'm planning on bleaching and re-dyeing or getting a hair dye remover to remove it because everything I've tried has done nothing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wanted to love this because the colors are so rich and pretty but they do not last beyond a few days on me. I don't wash my hair every day and they still last 5 days max. It did not cover my grays much either.

For the money they charge, I would rather buy permanent dye that does cover my grays and lasts for more than 5 days. Just a waste of money IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave it three stars because even though the colour was absolutely fantastic ( deep purple) IT FADED UGH like most colours do. Sheesh. Now I have to keep on dying it. Do they do this on purpose? Too much chemical are going to KILL my hair. Ugh.
But, it's actually a pretty colour...........WHILE IT LASTS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

This is a great product. I bought it in shade 200 (Brownish Black) and it turned my frizzy mouse brown hair into a georgous black with reddish brown undertones. My hair is so shiny and silky, it's incredible. I have no idea what all the bad reviews are about. Best part? It only cost me $4.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kaymills

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't even believe the negative reviews on this! I love this hair dye and have been using it for 3 years now, nothing compares! My hair is naturally a light brown almost dark blonde and I initially dyed it a dark chocolate brown for prom. It faded a bit but I hated my roots showing so I re did it, this time using the soft black. I didn't intend on keeping the color but I wasn't about to bleach my hair and then dye it back to it's originial color. I think this dye works best if you're using the darker brunette colors, but I have never tried the light dyes. I just use the soft black to touch up every couple weeks now and it's made my hair healthier and behave better. It also thickens it up and gives it a glossy sheen and literally shines like glass plus making it softer. The little conditioner packet that they put in there is to die for, as well; If Garnier made liters of it, I would snatch it right up. I have pretty healthy hair anyways that goes down to the middle of my back, but this just takes it to another level. It smells like...well hair dye, it doesn't burn my nose though like others have. I wish more came in the box because my hair is pretty thick and 1 box doesn't cut it. It is pretty cheap for how amazing it is. Especially if you get it at WalMart. It's also not as JET black as I would like it to be, it is at first but obviously it fades a little and I've been trying other black hair dyes but they just don't compare to this one. Herbashine isn't damaging or drying (at least to me!), actually makes my hair healthier, shinier, and thicker. It lasts about a month or so on my hair. I've seen other's comments on how it's darker than they orginially wanted.. I can't comment on the actuality of the 'true' color on the box, being that I WANT a darker color because my hair is black, so that's perfect for me. If you're going for a dark brunette/black I would absolutely choose this as your dye. It may fade a tiny bit faster than permanent dyes but I can deal with that; especially with all the other beneficial things that come with using this. I will not go back to another hair dye, every time I do I regret it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by seekingsolutions

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this demi-permanent hair colour last august so that's 7 months ago...and it just absolutely ruined my hair >:( gave me horrible frizz, which I have not been able to get rid of, though I have not coloured it since. As another reviewer noted, the colour does not fade out from the bottom portion of the hair - my hair is still red from the ears down. I dyed it mahogany brown...the brown faded out completely, and now I just have this cheap, brassy red look in my ends. When I called the company to inquire about fixing the problem, I found the customer help person disinterested to the point of being rude. Their only solution was that I should use more of their crappy hair dye to fix the problem :/

For a product that has a low amount of ammonia, it still smells horrid. The formula was difficult to work with - rather drippy - and it was difficult to apply well. Came with cheap, awful gloves. And the colour came out far darker than the image on the side of the box. Spare yourself the agony of permanently ruining your hair, and find a better brand! PLUS Garnier tests on animals, as I have since found out. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by colleenme

First off, I have bought this product about three times, in various colors for my medium brown hair dyed lighter with permanent dye this fall. I LOVE the way it makes my hair feel, and I love I found it on sale all three times. However, I find it didn't completely cover my slight amount of grays (whites?) and although the reddish undertones lasted, i still saw a root line. But, for 3 or 4 dollars, it makes your hair feel fantastic, like a clear glaze. It gave my hair lots of body and eased some of the kinks from my erstwhile wiry strands. I did like that, but maybe it was the hair mask/conditioner that did that instead:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have an awful feeling this might be discontinued, as I can't get in anywhere except eBay and I'm down to my last two. I've been using this for years in various colours, and I love it. Like it says on the box it lasts about six weeks, so it starts to fade out before you get really noticeable roots. I've used Red Mahogany, Plum, the chocolate brown I can't remember the name of...all round a great dye system that actually feels like it does my hair some good. I love this and hope they are just rebranding or something!