April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Fragrances - C.O. Bigelow - lemon no.1999

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this, but not quite as much as I expected to, after reading its reviews.

To me, it smells most lemon-y when it's first applied, but over time takes on a heavier, almost musky tone, and I don't care for that.

If it would stay consistently lemon-y, I'd love it unreservedly.

As it is, I'll probably try something else once I use up this bottle.

I *do* love that C.O. Bigelow is a cruelty-free company, I like the simple, classy, square bottle, and the price is reasonable.

If it weren't for that unappealing-to-me musky note, this would be a home-run, HG scent for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kurakunn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the freshest scent you will ever smell!
+Just like summertime lemonade
+large quantity for price
-Always out of stock!!!
(^Story of my life when I go to B&BW)
This scent is the greatest, if you can ever find it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Now THIS is the lemon fragrance I have always wanted. Back when I was a pre-teen, Love's had a lemon fragrance (Fresh Lemon), and I loved it. This kind of reminds me of that, but softer, more grown up. What I love about this particular lemon concoction (which is a hard thing to get right), is that it's not too sugary and it's got a little bit of something else in there (white flowers, musk) to soften the citrus. Is it complex? No. But that's okay. I like the sweet simplicity of this fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Bigelow Lemon EDP begins with a balance of lemon and musk,
but the lemon fades quickly and a sensual musk then dominates.
That's ok as long as you like musk, but I wanted more of a straight-up
lemon. Bigelow Lemon is along the lines of Light Blue and TMugler
Cologne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by diggity

I love lemon scents, but I am on the fence about this product. I tend to like super fresh smelling lemon or lemon mixed with another note like vanilla. This product definitely smells like Lemon Pledge at first spray. Once it settles, there's less cleaning spray scent, but at that point the perfume is very subtle. I usually can't smell it on myself even 20 minutes after spraying. I do like the packaging and the price, but I won't be re-purchasing this due to the initial cleaning-product scent and the lack of staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by marileab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am trying to find the perfect lemon scent. I am a huge fan of citrus scents in general, and lemon in particular. Unfortunately, my chemistry is really picky with lemon scents. They either turn into a chemical cleaning product smell on me, or they disappear completely.

I wanted to love this edt, and I was hoping it would work because of all the great reviews it gets. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Although the initial scent was good, it quickly turned to a cleaning product scent. Fortunately for me, it didn't last longer than half an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I came across this scent over the holidays, and regretted not having purchased it while I was in the store. It bothered me for months, and on my next trip to the mall, I just HAD to stop in at Bath and Body Works to pick some up.

I found this to be just as fabulous as I remembered on my second encounter (when I went in specifically to purchase it). The scent is absolutely lovely. Its fresh, not too lemony, and not too sweet. I find it hard to over apply, as it dries down to a softer version very quickly. This has a nice, subtle undertone of musk on me once its dried down - but the kind that makes you try to place what the scent is rather than being immediately recognizable. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, so I have re-applied halfway through the day when I know I'm going out in the evening. This is a fragrance staple for me now, and I wouldn't be without it.

In addition, I found another scent in the line that I love even more than this. Since it is not posted so that I can review it separately, I'm going to add it here, as anyone who is looking this scent up will likely be interested in the other scents in the line. I found a Lemon-Lime scent, Lemon-Pomegranate, and my absolute, all-time favorite : Lemon-Orange Blossom. I do love citrusy scents, so its no surprise to me that I really like all of these, and I plan on purchasing all of them as they appeal to me for different reasons. However, the Lemon-Orange Blossom is FABULOUS. Years ago, I was a huge fan of Origins Fret Not line. They had a sensory spray that I loved, but is no longer available. Unfortunately, it was not designed as an EDP or perfume, so there was absolutely no staying power to it. This is the closest scent I've found in the years since that comes close to it - but this is even better. It has a great tangerine-ish top note that can only be described with the word happy, and a very slight floral element (I think C.O. Bigelow describes it as jasmine on their website). It is THE PERFECT scent for spring/summer 2010, and is totally addictive. I've found myself wearing it every day since I've purchased it, and like the Lemon, will not be without it. LOVE this scent, and the line - fabulous product, A+ from me!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying I am not one for citrus scents and i tend to prefer anything but lemon but this perfume changed my mind. I love the way this smells. It reminds me of drinking a cold glass of lemonade in a field of flowers on a summer day. It is not sugary sweet and is more on the sophisticated side. I spray this on after a shower and I can smell it all day. The bottle is just as clean and modern as the perfume it holds.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ally176

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous reviews, this is a lovely fragrance reminiscent of Love's Fresh Lemon (waaay back when), but more sophisticated, I think. The staying power on me is very disappointing, but at least I don't have to worry about offending anyone, since as a nurse I'm not supposed to be wearing perfume anyway. But, as other nurses will attest, sometimes something should smell good at work, so it might as well be me, even if I'm the only one who notices. I might try layering this with the lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Was a bit scared when i first sniffed this as it is a blast of harsh lemon detergent-like scetn (= quite artificial). I said no-no, I will never wear that.
However, as the minutespassed, it became quite gentle and soft, more like a natural lemon.
There are some white flowers in it that get this softness.
A lovely fresh, summer-friendly lemon fragrance; it's quite linear and has no comlpexity (I wish it were more of a structured citrus like frag) staying power is low.
Nice to try, but nothing you can't live without.