C.O. Bigelow lemon no.1999

4.2

on 8/25/2015 4:17:00 PM

OMG LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! The BEST, BEST, BEST ever citrus scent available, as far as I'm concerned. I have 2 holy grail scents that I get from BBW (Lemon 1999 is available at BBW) and this is one of them (the other is the Energy Orange Ginger). I own the crème body wash, the crème (jar), and the perfume/EDT and love it so much! I have gotten compliments on it. It does not turn musky on me, but noticed other reviews said it did. I guess it depends on body chemistry. The way I would describe this scent would be a true lemon, just like hot lemon water you'd drink in the morning. The truest lemon scent I have ever smelled. It comes in a really nice, clean, glass bottle. Very streamlined and elegant. It has great staying power. And very affordable. I feel happy when I wear this.

on 8/20/2015 12:27:00 PM

This is a lovely perfume, but I agree with others it turns musky very quickly. The opening note is a bright, fresh lemon. It fades rather quickly, and you are left with a soft musk scent. I do like this, It stays close to the skin and is not headache inducing, but I would actually consider this a musk scent. It retails for $34.50. The hand wash, creamy body wash and body lotion from this line are all very nice, and I find those to be more lemony. However, if you want a lemon scent that stays lemony, I'd go with L'Occitane's Verbein.

on 1/10/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I adore this scent! It is so fresh and clean and truly lemony--more lemony than a lemon! The other night I had a "craving" to smell this so I put some on to watch TV. I don't wear this too much in the winter; seems like a spring/summer scent to me. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't last as long as some of my other traditional perfumes.

on 12/26/2014 5:52:00 PM

fresh lemony perfection. Clean and summery spirit lifting joy in a bottle

on 6/6/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this, but not quite as much as I expected to, after reading its reviews.

To me, it smells most lemon-y when it's first applied, but over time takes on a heavier, almost musky tone, and I don't care for that.

If it would stay consistently lemon-y, I'd love it unreservedly.

As it is, I'll probably try something else once I use up this bottle.

I *do* love that C.O. Bigelow is a cruelty-free company, I like the simple, classy, square bottle, and the price is reasonable.

If it weren't for that unappealing-to-me musky note, this would be a home-run, HG scent for me.

on 3/6/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the freshest scent you will ever smell!
+Just like summertime lemonade
+large quantity for price
-Always out of stock!!!
(^Story of my life when I go to B&BW)
This scent is the greatest, if you can ever find it

Now THIS is the lemon fragrance I have always wanted. Back when I was a pre-teen, Love's had a lemon fragrance (Fresh Lemon), and I loved it. This kind of reminds me of that, but softer, more grown up. What I love about this particular lemon concoction (which is a hard thing to get right), is that it's not too sugary and it's got a little bit of something else in there (white flowers, musk) to soften the citrus. Is it complex? No. But that's okay. I like the sweet simplicity of this fragrance.

on 1/6/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bigelow Lemon EDP begins with a balance of lemon and musk,
but the lemon fades quickly and a sensual musk then dominates.
That's ok as long as you like musk, but I wanted more of a straight-up
lemon. Bigelow Lemon is along the lines of Light Blue and TMugler
Cologne.

on 12/31/2010 11:14:00 AM

I love lemon scents, but I am on the fence about this product. I tend to like super fresh smelling lemon or lemon mixed with another note like vanilla. This product definitely smells like Lemon Pledge at first spray. Once it settles, there's less cleaning spray scent, but at that point the perfume is very subtle. I usually can't smell it on myself even 20 minutes after spraying. I do like the packaging and the price, but I won't be re-purchasing this due to the initial cleaning-product scent and the lack of staying power.

on 5/13/2010 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am trying to find the perfect lemon scent. I am a huge fan of citrus scents in general, and lemon in particular. Unfortunately, my chemistry is really picky with lemon scents. They either turn into a chemical cleaning product smell on me, or they disappear completely.

I wanted to love this edt, and I was hoping it would work because of all the great reviews it gets. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Although the initial scent was good, it quickly turned to a cleaning product scent. Fortunately for me, it didn't last longer than half an hour.

Popular Fragrances