July 30, 2014 | 1510 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - ExpertWear Eye Shadow Earthly Taupe Matte Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by habana

This shadow is a great staple in any makeup collection. It's a perfect warm beige for my light/med skin. It's matte and works perfect to even out eyelids & for an everyday neutral look. I wear it from lid to brow bone with a copper shadow in the crease.

This eyeshadow goes on smooth, blends beautifully, and doesn't make my aging eyelids look crepey. The pigment is excellent, and the color lasts all day without creasing or fading. Earthly Taupe is everything I was hoping the Naked shade from the Naked palette would be. Unfortunately Naked was too dark for my skintone, but Earthly Taupe is perfect!

I will repurchase again when this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect natural eye shadow for fair skin! It doesn't get much better. It's a medium light beige with slight peach undertones. Perfect for everyday makeup!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I wanted to add this is great for contouring on fair to light/med skin. I don't contour daily, I've got high cheekbones, but its a go to when I do for night. Fair warm leaning taupe, yet being matte and so subtle, it really works without leaving the tell tale brown slash on your face which may work for Kardashians but not in real life. Its matte and I've used it for yrs as a crease shade (again, subtle contouring/contrast) and on lids too, yet have barely made a dent. So for inexpensive, workhorse type of item, this is a go to and also great for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my most used shadow! If you have a fair complexion, this shadow looks very natural- like skin, but better. If Urban Decay's Naked looks too dark, try this one. I have gone through many pans of this shadow. I always buy a couple when I see them on sale. This shade is difficult to find, as it isn't in every Maybelline display. I always find mine at Meijer, which seems to have the complete line of all products for each cosmetic line they carry.
I use this as an all over shadow, or put it in my crease and up to the brow bone. It blends nicely, is smooth and lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a slightly warm light beige with a matte finish. I love using it as a base over the entire lid. Perfect for a neutral look. I pair this with Nutmeg (also a matte from Maybelline) for a natural day look. Both shadows are just as good as higher end brands.

This shadow lasts all day, is nicely pigmented, and doesn't crease or fade. No fallout, even when using the sponge. It blends perfectly.

If you can't afford the Naked Palette by UD, try a few matte shadows by Maybelline. At $3 per shadow, you can get 5 matte/satin neutral shades for $15. I recommend Earthly Taupe (lid), Nutmeg (crease or outer v), that Browntones Duo (crease or brow bone transition), and perhaps Linen or Champagne Fizz (highlight).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by GypsyRose23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's really nothing bad I can say about this e/s. The formulation is smooth. It glides on effortlessly and blends well. The pigmentation is good and it lasts all day on primed lids. The color is absolutely perfect for what I wanted when I purchased it. I use it as a mid tone color (just a shade or two darker than my skin tone), and apply it above the lid to add some dimension, and then use a lighter shade on the lid and a darker color in the outer V. When all is blended properly, it gives a polished neutral and natural look to my mature eyes (technique learned from a Goss YT vid). This e/s doesn't emphasize my crepy wrinkles or produce a cakey or powdery finish. I'm so glad I broke down and bought this, even though I thought it was a bit pricey for a DS single shadow, but now I'm loving it and will purchase again. I'll probably go for a backup in this and also try the matte Linen color, too, for my lids. I've become a big fan of Maybelline Expert Wear e/s now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Earthly taupe is a light matte beige eye shadow. It goes really well on the application,it last all day! I use this one to finish a neutral look on the crease. Goes well with: taupe,brown,light ivory,gold,plum,purple.I use this one also,to make a fresh nude canevas on my eyes,and to unite two colors to make it more gradiant!Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I`d buy this again in a heartbeat! What a terrific satin matte neutral beige, with a golden peach undertone. Don`t be put off by the pinkish look in the container. On the skin it becomes a golden peachy beige, very neutral, very polished. I don`t really see any taupe to it at all except maybe that it is a neutral suitable for either warm or cool complexions.

It lasts all day, blends like a dream, feels like butter, and doesn`t crease. Nor does it cause any irritation to my sensitive lids. No over the top shimmer, this is a matte but not a dead kind of chalky matte, it is satiny, with life to it, yet it doesn`t accentuate any wrinkly crepey skin around my aging lids.

Great as a base coat under other shadows or on it`s own for a wash from brow to lashline. Right next to it, on the rack is Linen, which goes really nice with Earthly Taupe. Same satin matte, ignore the pink undertone, it works as a tear duct and brow bone highlighter with this or other shades.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought mine in "Earthly Taupe 170S". I've had this for years now. My skin is a little lighter than NC15 but this matches nicely and gives my lids a bit of color. I actually just re-bought this in the new packaging (black now instead of a dark blue). I don't know if they re-formulated it but it doesn't feel like it. It still glides on nicely, isn't powdery or cakey, and lasts all day.