MAC Lustre in Lady Bug

4.4

FTR: I own six red lipsticks. Out of the ones that I have, this is the brightest. On me, this is a classic bright stop sign red. I get compliments on it a lot. I would say it's suited to fairer skin tones.

My skin is very, very pale. I have no clue about my skin's undertones... I can wear coral and dijon yellow very well, if that mean's anything. I look ill in lavender. If that sounds like your skin tone, then this colour will work for you.

This is definitely a yellow-based red. It's a light red, but very bright. This is not a vampy, glamorous red. It's quite glossy, thin in texture, but stays on quite well. Except for one issue - this is the only lipstick that seems to end up on my teeth.

on 4/21/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I usually shy away from red lipsticks, but Lady Bug isn't an intimidating red. The shade isn't too bright and you can layer the colour from pretty sheer to opaque. The name of the lipstick describes the shade perfectly. I love the shiny finish, it makes my lips look moisturized and slightly fuller. Many of my MAC lipsticks are drying, but Lady Bug's texture is creamy and even moisturizing. Best of all, it makes my teeth look whiter.

The downside of the texture is that it transfers very easily and the staying power isn't great, so you have to reapply often. It lasts on me around 2-3 hours if I don't drink. Lip liner helps to control the sliding. I use MAC's Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Kiss Me Quick, which is a good colour match.

Despite its flaws, I love the shade and finish, so I would buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous, very wearable red. It has a nice sheen that keeps my lips moisturized for hours. The red colour is not sharp or shocking, it's a bright yet gentle red that's perfect for the office and every day use. My favourite red and my favourite MAC lipstick.

on 2/7/2015 8:25:00 PM

This is my favourite red lipstick. Mac's lustre finish leaves a glossy shine, hydrates the lips and is comfortable to wear. This red doesn't lean too blue nor too orange and as such, is the perfect neutral red for my NC20 skin tone. It can be worn quite sheerly in one or two coats - suitable for daily wear, and can be built up to a bright, show-stopping red quite easily - perfect for nights out and glamorous occasions. This lipstick is my go-to red.

on 1/19/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This lipstick is my favourite red, it is a beautiful shade and looks amazing on my lips. For some people this may be a slightly bright colour so I would recommend using a lip brush if you are looking for a more natural look. I also feel this lipstick could look amazing on any skin tone as it it looks beautiful and has a really nice finish.

The staying power isn't great but I still think it is worth the price as apart from this it has all of the quality you would expect from MAC, plus as always it comes in the traditional MAC packaging which I feel adds a touch of elegance to my makeup collection.

I would definitely recommend this lipstick to a friend.

on 11/17/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nice neutral/ almost sheer red. If your lips are always cracked, this is for you, will not highlight any cracks or dry lips. A major con is the lasting power, 2 hours max

Edit:
I wouldn't call it neutral, it is bright but very flattering on my NC45 skin. It is less sheer and more opaque if you don't wear a balm under.

on 9/13/2014 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I ordered this from MAC having read reviews and expected an orangey-red shade but on me it's a pink-red and looks very matronly. I think it's a very boring shade, not that it lasts very long. It needed reapplying within minutes as it glides right off. It has a really strong smell too, more than any other MAC lipstick that I own (and I own many).

on 8/3/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thanks to the help of the great ladies on MUA, I have found my HG red lipstick! I'm one of those people who doesn't fit the blue/red lipstick makes your teeth look whiter category. In fact, mine look almost gray when pairs with a blue/red. Through many MUA recommendations, I tried MAC's Lady Bug, a lustre finish lippie. It is the perfect tomato red color without having an orangey undertone. No blue/red here-just pure warm red perfection. And it makes my teeth look whiter! It has a subtle shimmer and is moisturizing and very buildable. I will always have this in my stash!

on 8/2/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the name suggests, ladybug is a cute and inoffensive red lipstick. Nothing showstopping but can easily brighten up the face and add a little color. It is kinda sheer but can possibly built up to higher opacity. It's a great daytime red (it's what I bought it for). It's also a bit glossy but does not transfer too much, so I can usually forgo lip liner. Ladybug is a yellow-toned red, and so it should suit most of my fellow Asian girls, especially those with fair to medium skin.

Also, this was my first MAC lipstick in lustre, and I like the finish. It's shiny, non-drying and perhaps even a bit moisturizing. It only lasts about 2-3 hours on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this so much! With some winged eyeliner this is perfect for that quick Marilyn Monroe look that I was going for. :)

Popular Lipsticks