MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

4.4

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This was very sheer and you have to work this one into those lips to make them look decent. I did not care for this shade and hated notice me even more.

I am NC25 and this thing totally make me look sick and depressed, lol. It's purplish pink lipstick with blueish undertone. I love the lustre finish and looks great when I tried it in the store, but seems like I cant rock this one. I had to put some orangey lipgloss on top to warm it up abit....

Beautiful plum color. The lipstick is semi-opaque/transparent, with shiny finish. Perfect when I want a hint of glam in my overall look, definitely suitable for both everyday and special events. Love it!

I bought this after reading the many positive reviews here, wanting a "subtle, for everyday use-lipstick" because I most often wear matte red lipsticks (and let's face it, it's not appropriate for ALL situations). It's one of my best MLBB lip products, despite the name, it looks more like a medium lavender on my lips, a good pop of color that doesn't scream "I'm wearing lipstick!" The finish is pleasant on my lips, I don't even need to put on a lip balm beforehand. Staying power is decent but because of the finish, it does tend to fade/slip off more easily especially after eating. I don't find this a problem because it's one of those lipsticks you can reapply in a hurry (even without a mirror) and you'll instantly look polished. Great for use all year long and looks fab with smokey/more intense eye makeup. Will always repurchase this. For reference, my complexion is around NC20 and I'm Southeast Asian with Chinese ancestry.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice plum colour. The Lustre finish is very agreeable to apply and looks very natural.
I wouldn't buy it again though because I find the colour too pink for me and thus not very natural. I find Capricious is better suited to me, for it looks more brown or muted.

Love this. It lives in my purse. I have very fair skin and this is a nice plummy color that is very easy to wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

A great sort of bold but not too out there color! I wear it with simple eyes and it makes my lips really pop without being outrageous. I love the color, the moisture, the finish...it just needs pretty frequent reapplying. I will definitely purchase this again. Never thought I'd love a purple color!

The color is great but it's gone in two seconds. I far prefer Captive for its low maintenance. Plumful isn't bad but it reminds me of burts bees tinted lip balm- just more pricey. If I understood MAC's return policy, this might be the first one I'd take back. Perhaps I had wrong expectations for lustre lipsticks but this was just a letdown. Great color but constant reapplication required- not for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful lipstick. The color is a medium pinkened plum that has medium to semi-opaque coverage. The formula is moisturizing, creamy, smooth, and feels so nice on the lips. It isn't very long lasting on the lips (only about 3.5 hours with eating and drinking) but this type of formula isn't meant to be long lasting so that doesn't upset me. I love to wear this look monochromatically with this lipstick, NARS Sin blush on the cheeks and subtly in the crease of the eye, black liquid eyeliner, tons of black mascara, and a flawless base. I recommend this lipstick highly.

I was trying on a bunch of lipsticks at Mac and saw immediately that Plumful made me look more healthy, vibrant and alive than any of the other ones I had tried. Do not be fooled by how it looks in the tube (a deep plummy purple)--it actually looks magenta on the lips and is a ton more pink/neon than I expected. Which I like SOMETIMES but sometimes is too magenta. However, it does make your lips pop and your face look more awake.Great for winter too as it gives that wine-stained look.

Recommended for Medium Skin