July 22, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The picture of the lips above is pretty much what it looks like on me. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's Sassy Mauve. It is a very pretty pink berry plum shade with emphasis on the pink / berry part and a plummy undertone. It is very pretty. On my NW20 (deep soft winter) skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey lips this looks very nice and polished, but didn't look "wow" on me. I think the shade would be gorgeous in the spring...it reminds me of a spring flower. It is neutral enough to go all year round though. The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is that it just didn't make me go "oh yeah" when I put it on. I just thought, "pretty", average lipstick on me.

I also have Sweetie and Capricious which I see lumped in with Plumful a lot. Capricious is my favorite type of color, a berry red shade, that works great with my deep soft winter complexion. Sweetie is uber neutral on me, it is an all year round "safe" lipstick. When in doubt, I grab Sweetie. Plumful is harder for me to just slap on. I have to decide I am using Plumful that day and then make my other makeup work with it...it takes a bit more thought for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by cmlaporte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went to my usual M. A. C. counter looking for the perfect everyday, wear with anything and not have to think about it, work appropriate lipstick. The SA suggested this formula and shade. I was skeptical, at first, but once I applied and saw the effect I was a believer! I think this lipstick shade is most stunning on fair skins with neutral to cool undertones and dark eyes, whether brown or blue. I have very pigmented mauve toned lips, so I am unable to wear most nude shades without looking like an extra for the Walking Dead! This is my kind of neutral and I feel can be worn year round. The Lustre formula is very comfortable on the lips and seems to wear off evenly and not get cakey and gross. My new HG, for the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect shade for us pale ladies wanting to achieve the 'english rose' look. This lipstick glides on and keeps lips moist, and gives that 'I've just been walking through a winter forest' type flush on the lips. Beautiful especially for winter and autumn but I wear this baby all year round.
This has good colour payoff and around 2 hr staying power on me. Re-application isn't really a problem as it is easy and no need for mirror.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35, warm, yellow, oily

Right now I'm about an nc30

This color is gorgeous!!! On me, it's a rosy medium pink that sometimes looks purple/mauvey in certain lights. Finish is a luster, so this lipstick goes on pretty sheer yet it still is beautiful.

It's the perfect girly, everyday pink lipstick for my skin tone. Moisturizing and doesn't Accenture my lip cracks. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, I've fallen in love with this colour and the lustre formula. I've initally heard about this specific colour through Essiebutton and she raved about this lipstick. Being naturally curious and since I've never tried a Mac lipstick before (despite the hype it gets from everyone), I finally caved in and shelled out $19.

I do not regret one single penny spent on this lipstick. The colour is just amazing! It's a medium plum/berry shade and I think it would be one of those universally flattering colours. I especially like the lustre formula as you can control the pigmentation whether it be more semi-sheer or full on colour. I found that with the lustres (I have since purchased many other shades in different formulas), it's very comfortable to the point that it feels like there's nothing on the lips. It doesn't dry my lips out and it also doesn't accentuate my dry, flaky patches which is rare with most lipsticks. The only downside I would say is the staying power. I do get a good 4-5 hours of wearing this but I don't mind reapplying. If you are looking for a longer wearing formula, I would go for the cremesheens & mattes. All in all, I absolutely LOVE this colour and I would wear it all season long even though it's more of a fall colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Is there anything better than falling for a new MAC lip color? This shade is excellent for my fair skin and so wearable. Easily amped up for a night out, and just the perfect amount of lovely for daytime. I groom my brows, and then swipe this shade on for an effortless work look. I've tried so many lipsticks and there are no substitute for the quality of MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how I survived so long without this lipstick. Yes, I know that's a bit dramatic, but this lipstick is a HG for me. I am NW10ish with greenish brown eyes, light brown hair, and decently pigmented lips. This lippie looks AMAZING. It's a medium pinky plum with a definite slight cool tone. It is the kind of color that can brighten your face. It's not a nude color, but somehow it still looks very natural, though brightening, on me. It helps make your face look "fresh", as Lisa Eldridge would likely say. I would feel comfortable wearing this anywhere--to work, to the grocery store, to dinner with my husband, or wherever!

This is one of MAC's Lustre lippies, so it feels comfortable and has a nice sheen but isn't overly glossy. Staying power, for me, is perhaps a bit longer than other MAC Lustres, but nothing extraordinary.

I suspect this color would work on nearly everyone, though it probably looks the most amazing on cooler and paler skinned people. A definite must try for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick but it has quickly become a new favorite. The color is gorgeous. It's a beautiful medium pink plum shade that is really flattering on my NC 35-40 skin. I find that slightly cool toned pinks and purples really brighten up my medium tan skin. I think this would look great on a wide range of skintones as well. I've been looking for a color like this for some time now for my wedding day. I want something natural but with some added oomph so that my lips don't disappear in photos. This may be The One! This would also be appropriate for the office or as an everyday lipstick.

This is my second Mac Lustre lipstick and I just really like this formula in general. They are no fuss and I'm all about that. They feel balmy and comfortable on the lips with good color pigmentation that can go from sheer to opaque. The finish gives a nice sheen to the lips without being too glossy or matte. These won't last all day, but they are easy to reapply and doesn't make my lips peel as some long lasting formulas tend to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this colour on a whim because I have been searching for months for a raspberry-plum toned lipstick that didn't make me look too theatrical. The girl at the counter was so helpful! Its not too bad as far as moisturizing goes and I just love the colour and the shiny finish. It looks fresh for about 3 hours on my lips but even after that, the colour is still in place. I got so many compliments on it today. In love. A must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by yangxx2

5 lippies all across! This is not a color that's talked about very much, but it's beautiful and I'm so glad I discovered it! It's a Lustre finish so it's got a bit of sheen to it. I picked it up just in time for this cooler weather, and it will be my go-to lip color for the work environment. It's dark enough to make your lips stand out, but at the same time it brightens my face without being too vampy or making my lips look smaller. One swipe across the lips adds a tiny bit of color, and adding more not only adds more of the beautiful plummy color but also some shine. Swatched on my hand, it looks like a rose with purple undertones, but on my lips it's definitely more plummy. My naked lips have more color, however (I'm a NC20 but with pigmented lips). The girl next to me at the counter also tried it after I bought it but it looked much more pink on her than it did on me. So definitely try it at the counter to see if it's more pink or plum!
It's not very moisturizing but applying it on top of Mac prep + prime does the trick, and makes it stay a lot longer. I got 4-5 hours of wear out of it and it leaves behind a slight stain, which is nice.
Love love love this color, it's perfect for fall and for someone like me, who is a little concerned about those bright or dark-vampy lips that have been popular but aren't appropriate for work (hang-up, diva, etc).