John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray

3.1

on 1/14/2015 12:15:00 AM

I have really mixed feelings about this. While the concept is awesome that it awakens the scalp, and I'm always about healthy scalp, it didn't really deliver. I love the fresh peppermint smell of it, and that's about it. It does make my hair a bit greasy after use and the alcohol content concerns me, so definitely not buying again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't get the bad reviews on this product! This spray left my hair soft and shiny. I massaged it in so it could absorb the excess oil off of my scalp. This stuff is almost as good as All Soft by Redkin.

on 3/27/2013 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst detangling spray I've ever used. Not only has it disappointed me but also did a number on two of my friends that I tried it on. It leaves your hair tangly, rough and annoying. I love the smell.. I just wished it actually worked. Makes your hair feel like you only shampoo'd it without conditioning.

on 7/30/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For a reference, i have straight long hair that is up to my waist with a lot of split ends b/c of my hair length. When i followed the instructions and used this in my hair i didn't notice any difference in my hair. I gave up on this product after using it for two weeks and all this did was my hair more oily. It didn't help out with much detangling either.However, one day i just decided to use it again as a heat protector b/c it says on the product that it is one too. So when my hair was 80% air dried, i used this on my roots and ends. The next morning, my ends weren't dry at all! Usually when i wake up, my hair is super dry at the ends even though i use a hair mask instead of conditioner and the weather really makes my hair dry. This is how i found it worked for me, might not work for everyone else i just got lucky
Price: $5.99-9.99 CAD at walmart or shoppers drug mart (varies on location and if theres a sale)

on 5/30/2011 6:56:00 AM

I'm surprised by the number of positive reviews on this product. It really didn't do anything for my dry hair at all! I even used this in conjunction with the complementary Root Awakening Nourishing Moisturizing conditioner. This duo did nothing for me. I might as well have been spraying water onto my hair. At least that's practically free. Am very disappointed in this and would not recommend this to anyone.

on 3/12/2011 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Left a greasy coating. Left my hair dull looking. No root awakening or bodifying, in fact, this is extremely anti-bodifying. Smells good but I will never buy this again. I like the other products however (shampoo and conditioner).

on 2/15/2011 12:24:00 PM

Very AWEFUL hair tratament becouse this made more hair fall out and so very frizzy.I think the alcohol which is 2nd in ingredient list is the guilty one for the very dry hair i got.
Very bad product!!!!

on 12/29/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I lightly misted this on damp hair, combed through, then styled like normal, all according to the directions. But it made my hair gross and greasy feeling. It didn't awaken my roots at all, it plastered them to my head.

on 12/5/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

much of my hair fell out in early 2009 due to me plunging into the Atkin's Diet before a trip to Hawaii in late 2008. the JFC Root Awakening line had just come to my attention, and i picked up a few of the products. i do not know if this helped my hair grow more quickly, because at the same time, i started using hair vitamins, as well, stopped blowdrying my hair, etc. etc. etc. (probably, it all helped at least a little). however, this didn't dry my hair out further, didn't make more hair fall out, and made my hair much fuller after application. i would purchase it again because it did make my hair *look* healthier, and certainly didn't make it worse. it has some great stuff for the scalp in it, too, like peppermint, one of its main ingredients. i used this at a time in my life where everything was making my hair worse; this was a breath of fresh air.

on 10/26/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this stuff!!!!!! Omg i am currently wearing a weave and this product is perfect. The nozzle is great for getting in between the tracks and not only soothing your scalp but nourishing your hair underneath the weave. I picked it up for about seven dollars which is not at all expensive for what it does.