October 24, 2014 | 1684 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Creme in Your Coffee

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great MLBB color! You can layer it and mattify it for a pretty close Kylie Jenner lip too. This comes in the standard MAC packaging and swatches a dark berry-nude color on me. Creme in your coffee brings out my green eyes if I keep it a nude eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by serpendity

I'm actually on the fence with this one.

Being a MAC lipstick, there are certain things I always take for a given, which are present in this lipstick as well. It is a creemsheen finish, so the texture is quite creamy and a bit heavy on the lips. The lipstick is pretty opaque (hides my two toned lips) and the finish is glossy. It stays put on my lips for four to five hours, but the gloss goes away after a couple of hours. While the lipstick is not very hydrating (especially since I have extremely dry lips), it doesn't dry out lips either.

The problem for me is the color. I brought creme in your coffee initially as a pinky brown nude color. On some days it is that - warm and pink. On other days it decides to turn into a cool toned light pink with no brown whatsoever and completely washes out my NC 42-44 skin. And sometimes when I pair it with MAC whirl lipliner, it decides to transform into a brighter cool pink.

I thought maybe this had to do with the difference in my face and eyes depending on the eyeshadow, blush and foundation I use... But that doesn't seem to be it either.

While I don't particularly mind the shade, because on its best days it is a beautiful subtle color, the fact that I don't know when it decides to pull a crazy pink of doom on me makes me decide to not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I ORDERED ONLINE ITS OK ITS DARK AND I DONT LIKE DARK LIPSTICK ITS OK ILL WEAR THE TUBE BUT WOULDN'T REPURCHASE ITS LIKE A SHINY VERSION OF TWIG WHICH I DON'T LIKE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by thekeri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I'm afraid of lipstick. This might be rooted in years of dance recitals where the backstage parents would smear whatever shade of godawful neon fuchsia on me and the other ten-year-olds. Who knows? I won't dwell on it.

Anyway, I stopped being ten years old a long time ago, but the lipstick aversion never went away.
I'd do full faces of makeup without lipstick, opting for the occasional gloss instead. I tried a nude or two last summer during a brief moment of ill-timed, maybe-this-can-work optimism. Note: MAC Freckletone is not for me.

Earlier this year I tried MAC Creme In Your Coffee;Karen from MU&BB raved about it, and it looked like a reasonable lipstick to test the waters with one final time before giving up entirely.

Friends, it has changed. My. Life.

It looks *gorgeous* on me. I'm NC42-44 with consistently dry, peeling, highly pigmented lips(they're two very different colors, too), I have had more than my share of lip-related troubles. CIYC doesn't fix them all, but it's MLBB, moisturizing, and doesn't break the bank. Throw on a little Aquaphor before going, and we're all set.

I am almost done with the tube I bought in February. Once it's done, I'm buying another immediately. Then another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sll74

as an nw43 complexion girl i'll saw this is the perfect neutral/nude toned lipstick. i can wear it with/over a variety of lip pencils with really nice looks. also the gloss you put over it can make it a very versatile and pretty color. not to pink or yellow....just the perfect neutral type color. i will always keep this in my stash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many people love this lipstick, but I feel the shade is too drab for my fair skin when worn on its own. I do enjoy wearing this with a brighter lipliner and lately find myself reaching for a very light pink gloss such as Lip Lites in Cream Pop to add a little more interest and color correction. I'm going to continue playing around with liners and mixing with other lipcolors and glosses, but I'm a little disappointed that Creme in Your Coffee isn't the wear with anything lipstick I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Elle547

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm more of a bold lip person but this is a great way to do a neutral, understated lip. Looks sophisticated and polished but has some color and depth to keep me from getting bored with it. I'll always love my bold lips but I do like this for occasions where a screaming bright pink or deep burgundy might not be appropriate. Or when I want something that's a bit more fuss free. I can put this on without a mirror without having to worry. I also love that it's a cremesheen, one of my favorite finishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always preferred nudes since I usually do a smokey eye, but picked this up on a whim because I wanted something with a bit more color.

On my NC40 complexion, this is perfection! This is about 2 shades darker than my natural lip color and gives them a rosy / mauve-y, slightly browned tone. It's exactly what I wanted. The pigmentation is fantastic and the texture is divine! This has quickly become a staple lipstick for me! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like everyone else, this is my new work lipstick. Its long lasting and has just enough pinky rose to keep it from being literally brown as coffee. It's a decent price for a quality, beautifully scented lipstick. I will repurchase this - my first time with a MAC lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY EVERYDAY LIPSTICK....LOVE IT!

This color looks very nice on my lips. It's just a shade darker than neutral, I like how it gives a nice polished look. It's a beautiful, warm brown with a slight pink/mauve undertone. Very natural looking on the lip.

This lipstick is very moisturizing! I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy it feels. It has a beautiful finish, not glossy or greasy but very natural. It looks great with a dark brown lip liner. It lasted me about 3 hours with no eating or drinking.

I can't wait to try a few more of these cremesheen lipsticks from MAC, Creme In Your Coffee is a great everyday color.