Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn & Cucumber w/ Ester-C

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua, aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf juice*, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), glycerin, sorbitol**, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta® AKA; Rosehip Seed Oil) seed oil*, calcium ascorbate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, glyceryl linoleate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed oil, hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil, ascorbic acid, epilobium angustifolium (Canadian Willow Herb) flower/leaf/stem extract, glyceryl linolenate, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower water*, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, xanthan gum, glycine soja (soybean) oil, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, beta-carotene, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, tocopherol.

on 10/19/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i'm 35 years old this year ..my skin started to look and feel a bit different and my old skincare routine no longer does what it used to do to my face so i realized it's time to change my skincare routine and go with more natural and richer skincare products and after doing some research i decided to try this and I LOVE THIS and will def repurchase forever

edit : broke me out like crazy....had very high hopes for this Moisturizer

on 8/22/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

YES! I have finally found my HG moisturizer. The search has been long and unsatisfying. It took an absolute disaster in the from of an allergic reaction to a sunscreen to sway me to the natural side. Out of all the frustration revolving around my face on the last 5 or so months, this product is the silver lining.

I'll try to keep this short. I have sensitive acne prone combo skin that gets dry and dehydrated easily (especially when fall rolls around. Maine winters are brutal!). My face does not tolerate oils very well, so I was weary of a few of the ingredients (Coconut and Shea butter) but I am glad I gave this product a try. This moisturizer is truly wonderful! The smell is a little weird, but I LIKE IT. The texture is nice and creamy. You don’t have to use very much product - about the size of a pea is what I use - and the moisture lasts all day. The lotion goes on with an orange tint because of the Sea Buckthorn Oil, but after you rub it in for a few seconds it completely disappears. It soaks in very fast and leave no residue. I can wear it under makeup without my T-Zone turning oily AND without any dry spots appearing all day! Best of all, the red marks from the cystic acne I developed because of the before mentioned devil sunscreen (Neutrogena Helioplex..) are fading! That’s right, the Rosehip Seed Oil, Sea Buckthorn and whatever fairy dust they sprinkle in this moisturizer is fading the red marks. I’m very pleased. OT: I also bought Aubrey Organics Rosehip Seed Oil to add into my routine. So far I’m loving that too.

I would recommend this product to anyone. As good as it has been to me, it’s worth a try from you. I doubt you will hate it…

COMPLETE LIST OF INGREDIENTS: (with a little extra info - common names of the oils/extracts)

*Organic
**Ester-C® Topical. Ester-C® is a registered trademark of Inter-Cal Corp.

Apparently, Aubrey Organics has been made by the INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) to change their labels to include all of the ingredients in their products. There are 2 versions of the ingredients list. The one I included is the full version. A few reviews down is the older incomplete or shortened one - depending on how you look at it...

on 7/13/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

O....M.....G! This is The One! This is my HG! I have never been so blown away by a moisturizer in my life!
My skin is actually very, very oily, so I was nervous about trying a moisturizer designated for combo-dry skin (especially one that contains shea butter).But after discovering how well my skin responds to benzoyl peroxide, I started using 10%BP face wash (Oxy) 2x a day, and as a result I needed a little more moisture in my moisturizer. I had previously used Korres' wild rose moisturizer and absolutely LOVED how it softened and brightened up my face, but it was so expensive I couldn't afford to repurchase. I was looking for a similar product at a better price, so I looked around for a moisturizer with a lot of rose-derived ingredients and vitamin C. I looked at Aubrey's rose mosqueta moisturizer, but it had grapefruit extract in it, which causes me dermatitis. So I avoided that one. (The ingredients for the sea buckthorn moisturizer on the website list grapefruit as well, but the bottle I purchased does not list it. So I guess it changed?)
The Sea Buckthorn moisturizer is AMAZING. It's bright orange and almost GLOWS coming out of the bottle, like some mystical supernatural glow (which it imparts to the face!). It glides on silky smooth and leaves my face comfortable and totally matte, with a velvety softness. My skin tends to get very red, and when I applied this moisturizer I watched it literally ANNIHILATE redness ON CONTACT. My skin was not only soft, matte, and glowing, but the redness was gone INSTANTLY. When I awoke the next morning, my skin was soft, bright, not at all oily, and my acne macules are fading! This is so loaded with vitamin C (between the sea buckthorn, ester-c, and all the rose and citrus extracts) that the brightening effect blows Korres wild rose out of the water (And, ounce-for-ounce, costs only one seventh of the price of the Korres!). I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer. It gives me soft, glowing, clear, moisturized, bright skin. I am naturally very pale, and this moisturizer gives me a milky, creamy complexion (without makeup!) -- think Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada.
It definitely smells weird, kind of like... wasabi... and carrots.... carrot wasabi. (Sea Buckthorn is, according to Wikipedia, very high in beta-carotene.) I find the smell kind of unpleasant, actually. But it works so well I don't even care!
This moisturizer makes my skin radiant, luminous, and glowing. I have been looking for the perfect moisturizer for years, and THIS IS IT! My search, at long last, is over!

on 2/23/2012 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am loving this moisturizer. It has a silky feel, and absorbs right into my skin without being too oily. I have dry/combination/sensitive skin, and this moisturizer is fantastic. In addition, it has natural/organic ingredients, and gets fantastic scores on Good Guide and the EWG SkinDeep database. It's a good price point for the product quality, and I love that Aubrey Organics has been in the natural skincare products business for a long time. It has a funky, cool orange color which was surprising, but I really like it. I think this will be my new HG!

on 1/22/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

really really wanted to love this but it made me break out and clogged my pores. I think the coconut fatty acids are to blame....coconut oil is comedogenic. Products with essential oils just don't work for me. :(

This moisturizer was good, at first. I just could NOT take the smell or the clumps. IMO, it was way too strong and lingered for quite a while. It didn't dry out my skin and it seemed to balance everything out for the first couple of days. It was a little hard to spread (even after shaking) and left little product "crunchies" that I had to wipe off. You have to be careful not to use too much or it can leave you greasy. This product is good for those who prefer a thicker moisturizer and don't mind stronger scents.

on 7/23/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this on a whim afterwards testing it a bit at Whole Foods. I have been using it for a week and adore it so far. It have finicky skin that is sensitive, acne-prone, and can get dull. This cream has a creamy texture at first until you apply it; sinks in very quickly. It has a luminous golden color to it that gives skin a subtle glow. My skin seems to be smoother & it worked under makeup. The ultimate downfall was that it clogged my pores & caused a few bad breakouts. I guess my skin cannot handle the oil. I gave it alot of tries.

Details: Silky-smooth daytime moisturizer offers antioxidant protection, restores moisture and softness and invigorates dull, dry skin on contact
*Sea Buckthorn Oil & Ester-C® Powerful antioxidants & nutrients; smooth & protect
*Organic Evening Primrose and Rosa Mosqueta® Oils Rich emollients; restore skin’s moisture balance
*Canadian Willowherb Calms & balances skin

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Topical Ester-C, Organic Rosa Mosqueta Rose Hip Seed Oil, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Cucumber Extract, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Organic Shea Butter, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Cucumber Distillate, Lavender Water.

on 7/22/2011 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Big fan of the Ester C Antioxidant Serum. I love how it warms my face and adds a healthy glow. I gave it 4 lippies as I'm not a fan of the size, wish there was more in it. I go through a tube per month! And at 20 some odd dollars a pop, that's a bit pricey. Also I have to make sure I really work it into my skin, as the Vitamin C color can leave that 'glow' looking off if I don't really work it in.

However, when I've tried other serums (Burt's Bees, Olay, Meaningful Beauty, Body Shop, etc) they've not come close to Aubrey's.

So Aubrey's it is!

on 6/21/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My skin is very sensitive and pimply and blemished, so I tried this on recommendation. While it did moisturize well, after a couple hours it felt very greasy. After several weeks my skin darted to react badly to it, maybe the buckthorn is too harsh for me. I had to stop using it. I switched to Aubrey's rosa mosqueta moisturizer, and that has worked perfectly and cleared up my skin.

on 6/14/2011 1:35:00 PM