October 20, 2014 | 1981 users online

Palettes - Tarte - Eye Couture Day-To-Night Eye Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

The packaging isn't sleek but unlike others, I actually like it, its quilted and purple with a lock and key! How cute is that to show off? to start off with the colours from each row : 1)beautiful champagne color 2) pink frost color 3)looks dark brown but it's almost black with gold sparkles 4) my favourite ever; gold colour 5) lovely chocolate brown .. Row 2: 1) pure frosted white 2) similar to colour above but not as pink 3)odd gray colour with silver sparkles meh 4) lavender with silver sparkles 5) deep carbon back with silver sparkle. Overall except the grey colour, they are ahmaaaazing, love tarte eyeshadows they are so buttery and just go on smooth. Last ALL day no fading or fall out. Love this pallets and I'm gonna get the last two colours in row 1 when I hit pan! Used this for an year and bought the tarte jewelry kit palette too after this cause they are soooo good. Best part about this palette is that there's colour for every undertone, row 1 is all warm undertones except the second colour and row 2 has a great black :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first experience with Tarte e/s & i rather like it. But i will say i don't like the e/l that comes with this, it seemed waxy & irritated my eyes but the colors were pretty :( The brush is ok but id rather use sponge tips (nothing against their brush, i have to do this w/ all shadows due to the powder & my sensitive eyes). This has a nice neutral range of shades that i like to wear so this is a good find for me for the workday.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by BubberNe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only liked this palette in theory; I ended up giving it away.

Pros:
Lovely, buttery shadow texture
Interesting selection of colours
Pretty, rich-looking, case with a big mirror
Refillable
Came with a double-ended brush
Came with a double-ended eyeliner
Interesting little instruction sheet

Cons:
I was sensitive to the shadow formula, made my eyes water
Colours didn't work together
Colours seemed muddy and pale
WAY too much shimmer in this palette
Liner was a bit dry
Case too bulky for travel, lock adornment gets in the way of stacking/storing

Disappointing, but not a keeper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by chelsie614

I'm loving this palette. The colors are gorgeous, pigmented, and go on super smooth. I also like how they give you a card with ideas on how to wear the shadows, it's unnecessary, but a nice touch. The only negative I can really find is the packaging. Its cute, but it's bulky and doesn't store well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by romantix

The color palette was selected to have the colors able to work with each other. The color combinations are great.

Pigmented, yet subtle colors.
You can pat some more on and make the color darker/brighter (depending on what color you used).

The brush included actually has its uses. If you do not own your own brush set, the brush works. Learn how to use it!

The eyeliner has two ends. And the two shades are great. Comes on creamy.
Easily works with any of the colors in the palette.

This set was put together with thought.

Cruetly Free
Vegan

I love it.

Can be for every day or to create formal looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by counterlydefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

good color range, although the lighter colors are too frosty. great for both day and night.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE these shadows! Very pigmented and long lasting when used with UD primer potion! Doesnt budge without cleanser! Comes with ten shadows,travel size primer ( that works fairly well although i wouldnt by separately) a double sided eyeliner one end black the other brown and a really good quality double ended shadow brush one side is fluffy the other is short and dense domed shaped AND this is a cruelty free vegan cosmetic company so in my opinion this is an all around good qualty product. the only negative is the packaging they really should get rid of the latch along with the annoying lock and key tassle it is a hassle when trying to keep the pallete opened

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 4/21/11: I did end up returning it after taking it on a trip. This set just wasn't working out for me and I couldn't justify keeping it for the three brown shades I did like. Money and space wise it wasn't worth it, especially since I wouldn't use it. I guess I'm not into soft looks, but it seems to be working out for everyone else so give it a try.

This is my first palette from Tarte. When I first brought this home and tried it out I seriously considered returning it, which looks like might have already have been the case as mine was missing the instruction cards and the contents were sort of haphazardly in the box. In the store I swatched the colors on my arm and was sold when I saw the purple with gold shimmer. But these just don't look as nice or pigmented on at home, and the purple turns into a rather dull gray color with no sign of the gold shimmer. The lighter shades are a bit too chalky and look the same on me, even the silver shimmer looks the same as the light pink shade and the light beige.

On to the positives. While I do not much care for the lighter shades, the brown colors are pretty and pigmented. I like using the brush included in the kit for a quick eye look, as opposed to the multiple brushes I usually use. The eyeliners go on smoothly (though not as creamy as Urban Decay's liners) and do not migrate or disappear during the day.I also really like the quilted purple package, I'm bringing it to travel because it looks like it can withstand a little abuse. So for these things I decided to keep this palette, but I do not foresee wanting to try another of Tarte's eye shadows in the future. I think I've been a bit spoiled by Urban Decay and Too Faced's shadows, because for others this palette seems to be quite lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CobraChick222

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are nice quality shadows in excellent packaging, but bottom line, but colors are just bizarre, and really don't match up. I find I can't wear the "day" collection at all - the colors are way too metallic to be attractive and are just plain ugly on my fair skin. The night collection is a bit more matte and while somewhat darker, looks more appropriate in a professional environment.

This came with a nice card to give tips on how to apply the shadows, eyeliner, a double ended application brush, and primer. My primer arrived dried up, so I can't comment on how well that works. The brushes work okay, I would have prefered a more tapered brush as neither end works well to apply a thin line.

I had a coupon and only ended up spending about $15 on this - I'm glad, it's about what it's worth. For full price, I'd avoid it. The packaging, however, is adorable!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Princessaras

Ahhhh! I love this pallette so much. There's not one shadow that's bad. All of them have such a smooth buttery texture to it. You can create so many different looks with this, from a deal dramatic smokey eye to really light bright eyed looks. I love using the bronzey shades for daily use. So pretty and definitely well worth the money since it comes with a great dual ended brush(that's actually really good), sample size of their eye primer, and a dual ended eyeliner.