October 1, 2014 | 1672 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Moisture Lotion SPF 28

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by NyteRyder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this!!!! -Just perfect for daytime for my sensitive skin---

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by glamguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lukewarm on this moisturizer. I got it for free from my sister and will use it until it runs out. I like the sun coverage but the scent is nasty. Keeps my skin soft and doesn't block pores. Very light.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by stephung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-good at moisturizing (lasted pretty well throughout the day)
-pleasant scent
-depending on the state of my skin, sometimes I liked the "glow/shine" this moisturizer gave me
-did not irritate my skin
-pretty good base under make-up
-cost is decent

Cons:
-a bit thick to apply, so did not absorb as easily as I'd like (but this is probably what helped the staying power of the moisturizer)
-the thickness probably contributed to breakouts that would happen around that time of the month.
-did not reverse any sun-damage as promised
-wish it was a higher SPF (although I know technically anything about SPF 30 isn't supposed to truly have that protection power)
-pump packaging (in agreement with other reviewers) is good for sanitary purposes, but poor for getting every last ounce of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this moisturizer daily for almost 3 years and I really love it! Smells great, isn't oily, & moisturizes well while protecting the skin (SPF 28). I really don't know what else to say about it, I have no complaints whatsoever. I really do love this moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lmg613

I used this consistently for about 3 years, but have since moved on to oils and other natural moisturizers.

Pros:
-Did not cause break-outs. For me, this is HUGE; I also mixed in a drop of tea tree oil before applying, so that may have helped.
-Sunscreen seemed to work, also a big deal, since I hate applying it separately.
-Moisturized my combo skin without any irritation.
-Provided a decent base for both mineral and liquid makeup.

Cons:
-Made me WAY shiny, even with foundation and powder; in old photos, I am literally the shiniest person there.
-Chemicals, as others have mentioned.
-Packaging: there's still plenty of product left when the pump stops working, so you have to unscrew the top and kind of plunk it onto your hand, which is messy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lavenderwig

How anyone could like this is insane to me. Please stop using any of the Skin Renew products. The ones that have potential to work barely work and all anyone needs to do is read the ingredients list on this. Alcohol is a top ingredient. And not the good kind either. It's probably to thin it out, but bad alcohol in a sunscreen is not only stupid but unfair for the customers thinking they're doing good by their skin. By the way, fragrance is very bad for the skin. This smells like hand sanitizer with more citrus. So, the easiest things to spot, and people are still buying this. I do want to help though! Here are some drugstore recommendations, with notes. I have worn spf year-round since my skin from the waist up reacted with eczema AND rosacea in the 10th grade. I'm 21 now. Your body is worth protecting, trust me!

Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock SPF 30 $8.99 - 4 fl oz. fragrance-free. low in antioxidants and soothing ingreds, but they are better than nothing. the titanium dioxide leaves a white cast. although great for face and body, you'll need to blend it out. there is a 60+ version. they both don't feel heavy or greasy though!

Physicians Formula Sun Shield For Faces Extra Sensitive Skin SPF 25 $8.95 - 4 fl oz. fragrance-free. best for normal to dry skin. nothing but protection, if you care for antioxidants, this is not the ss for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! Great texture, absorbs well, little to no scent, SPF, pump bottle, nice price -
BUT I have re-committed myself to cruelty-free products only and Garnier, along with most of the big guys, just cannot seem to follow through with their pseudo promises of ending animal testing.
NOTHING is worth that for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

I really like this product. I'd been eyeing it for a while, but for some reason stayed away because it was spf 28 (what's that?) and not 30. Then i read the percent of active ingredients in other spf 30 sunscreens and it was the exactly the same. Hmmmm.

Anyway, this product is very light and smells excellent. It is moisturizing but not overly greasy. It does not sting my eyes. It has not broken me out or irritated my skin in any way and it is very inexpensive. It is not chock full of vitamins or anything, like Lancome Bienfait total, but then again, that one is 3x more expensive. Overall a very good product and not financially burdensome.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer has been very good to me. It's gentle and nice on my skin. The scent can be overpowering. I like the SPF 28 but don't see why they couldn't go to 30 which is recommended. It doesn't hydrate as much as I'd like but that fine since I wear my Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer. Overall, good product but I may be in search of something with a higher SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Jealloupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this moisturiser because it was the only SPF containing moisturiser that I could find which doesn't contain Cetearyl Alcohol or Cetyl Alcohol. I can say that this has never contributed to my break outs.

I find this to be on the thick end of the lotion scale; it does take some rubbing to completely blend it into my face. If I don't rub it in properly, it can leave white smear marks on my face, and it can get caught up in my eyebrows too. This lotion is not at all greasy on my skin, which is great for sunscreen.

The fragrance in this lotion, like many Garnier products, is very strong. I don't enjoy feeling as though I am spreading perfume all over my face. I can still smell it as I am washing it off in the evening!

Overall, a fairly average product. But due to the lack of (affordable) moisturisers which contain a decent amount of SPF and no irritating ingredients, I will probably buy this again.