Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Moisture Lotion SPF 28

3.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (7.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poly C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Nylon 66, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract (Lycopene), Ascorbyl Glucoside (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Taurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium PCA (Magnesium), Manganese PCA (Magnesium), Mica, Sodium PCA (Magnesium), Zinc PCA (Magnesium), Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Dimethyl Issorbide, PEG 8 Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Octyldodecanol, Polycaprolactone, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Cocoyl Ethylenediamine PEG-15 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, FIL

I have yet to find a sunscreen I can tolerate, but this one is my favorite out of all the high and low end options I have tried.

Yes, this product has alcohol, but I have never found it drying at all. However, I do prep my skin with a thin layer of serum before using this. The alcohol seems to help the sunscreen from feeling so heavy after application as it evaporates quickly. Paula's Choice criticizes this product for fragrance and a lack of physical sunscreen, but my sensitive skin does not mind the fragrance and I have always broken out from physical sunscreen, so what ultimately works for one skin may not work for another. I actually also like the scent of the product.

The pluses of this product for me is that it 1) Does not smell like sunscreen 2) Sits well under makeup without a white cast 3) Does not feel heavy or suffocating on my skin.

My perfect sunscreen would be one that sinks into the skin immediately while still providing enough coverage from the sun's rays, but until I find the perfect sunscreen I will come back to this.

on 10/20/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Pretty impressed. This does not make my very oily skin greasy at all.
That is a first especially in an spf product.
This lotion sinks right into my skin and feels extremely light. Before I know it my skin is just soft and has no residue on the surface like with everything I have tried.
My skin is pretty happy with this and I have not had any breakouts from using it either.
I have also noticed my skin is looking much brighter and clearer.
The fragrance is not that strong which I was worried about not liking but I find it pretty refreshing and awaking in the morning, clean feeling at night.
It is a citrus type scent but fades away I forget it even had a scent once I rub it in and it dries.

Wears well under my makeup and has not increased my shine.
I do still get shiny because my skin is so darn oily but it is not as bad lately.
I am very impressed.

on 9/28/2014 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love, love, love this!!!! -Just perfect for daytime for my sensitive skin---

on 7/16/2014 2:19:00 PM

Lukewarm on this moisturizer. I got it for free from my sister and will use it until it runs out. I like the sun coverage but the scent is nasty. Keeps my skin soft and doesn't block pores. Very light.

on 11/23/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-good at moisturizing (lasted pretty well throughout the day)
-pleasant scent
-depending on the state of my skin, sometimes I liked the "glow/shine" this moisturizer gave me
-did not irritate my skin
-pretty good base under make-up
-cost is decent

Cons:
-a bit thick to apply, so did not absorb as easily as I'd like (but this is probably what helped the staying power of the moisturizer)
-the thickness probably contributed to breakouts that would happen around that time of the month.
-did not reverse any sun-damage as promised
-wish it was a higher SPF (although I know technically anything about SPF 30 isn't supposed to truly have that protection power)
-pump packaging (in agreement with other reviewers) is good for sanitary purposes, but poor for getting every last ounce of the product.

on 9/8/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this moisturizer daily for almost 3 years and I really love it! Smells great, isn't oily, & moisturizes well while protecting the skin (SPF 28). I really don't know what else to say about it, I have no complaints whatsoever. I really do love this moisturizer.

on 7/6/2013 11:56:00 AM

I used this consistently for about 3 years, but have since moved on to oils and other natural moisturizers.

Pros:
-Did not cause break-outs. For me, this is HUGE; I also mixed in a drop of tea tree oil before applying, so that may have helped.
-Sunscreen seemed to work, also a big deal, since I hate applying it separately.
-Moisturized my combo skin without any irritation.
-Provided a decent base for both mineral and liquid makeup.

Cons:
-Made me WAY shiny, even with foundation and powder; in old photos, I am literally the shiniest person there.
-Chemicals, as others have mentioned.
-Packaging: there's still plenty of product left when the pump stops working, so you have to unscrew the top and kind of plunk it onto your hand, which is messy.

on 5/26/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

How anyone could like this is insane to me. Please stop using any of the Skin Renew products. The ones that have potential to work barely work and all anyone needs to do is read the ingredients list on this. Alcohol is a top ingredient. And not the good kind either. It's probably to thin it out, but bad alcohol in a sunscreen is not only stupid but unfair for the customers thinking they're doing good by their skin. By the way, fragrance is very bad for the skin. This smells like hand sanitizer with more citrus. So, the easiest things to spot, and people are still buying this. I do want to help though! Here are some drugstore recommendations, with notes. I have worn spf year-round since my skin from the waist up reacted with eczema AND rosacea in the 10th grade. I'm 21 now. Your body is worth protecting, trust me!

Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock SPF 30 $8.99 - 4 fl oz. fragrance-free. low in antioxidants and soothing ingreds, but they are better than nothing. the titanium dioxide leaves a white cast. although great for face and body, you'll need to blend it out. there is a 60+ version. they both don't feel heavy or greasy though!

Physicians Formula Sun Shield For Faces Extra Sensitive Skin SPF 25 $8.95 - 4 fl oz. fragrance-free. best for normal to dry skin. nothing but protection, if you care for antioxidants, this is not the ss for you.

on 5/26/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this! Great texture, absorbs well, little to no scent, SPF, pump bottle, nice price -
BUT I have re-committed myself to cruelty-free products only and Garnier, along with most of the big guys, just cannot seem to follow through with their pseudo promises of ending animal testing.
NOTHING is worth that for me.

on 2/24/2013 2:59:00 PM

I really like this product. I'd been eyeing it for a while, but for some reason stayed away because it was spf 28 (what's that?) and not 30. Then i read the percent of active ingredients in other spf 30 sunscreens and it was the exactly the same. Hmmmm.

Anyway, this product is very light and smells excellent. It is moisturizing but not overly greasy. It does not sting my eyes. It has not broken me out or irritated my skin in any way and it is very inexpensive. It is not chock full of vitamins or anything, like Lancome Bienfait total, but then again, that one is 3x more expensive. Overall a very good product and not financially burdensome.

Popular Moisturizers