August 21, 2014 | 1871 users online

Cleansers - Cuticura Medicated Bar Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Ahhh Cuticura...the acne soap from my childhood...how I love you! Even though my face isn't pimply anymore, it now has rosacea and is dry, yay, Cuticura is still the best. Always leaves my face feeling CLEAN and not coated in film. Very hard to find around here, I sometimes have to order it online if Walgreens or Christmas Tree Shops (of all places!) doesn't have it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this last night for the first time, it has a very medicinal smell and left a strange film on my face. My felt a bit dry afterwards but nothing major. I woke up this morning to a bumpy, red, itchy and inflamed skin, even my eyes are irritated and swollen. Obviously I had a very bad reaction to something in this soap. I have somewhat sensitive skin but can usually tolerate stuff like this. Binned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

Very good soap, especially in the summer. Seems to have a menthol scent to it; I like it. It does a good job drying up oil and keeps my face clean for half a day. It doesn't leave any film behind. I can only find this at Drug Emporium though, never any other stores. I bought this when I was breaking out and it was under control within a day or two. May be too harsh for sensitive skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by siaucie

This soap is for sensitive and acne prone skin. My acne dissapear after 2 weeks of usage, amazing! I use this soaps on my face and body. I have body acne this soap is really a saver. I heard this soap also works for people who have rosacea on their body. This bar soap for acne is better than the more expensive brand for acne that I have tried. I tried everything from proactive to other known brand to a dermatologist nothing works like this. But this bar soap for acne have its weakness, they will not diminish black heads. Use a mask to suck black heads from pores instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I used this bar some years ago and was not satisfied. The good things about this soap are that they did not cause major acne or dry my skin out. It also had a nice fragrance and lather.What I did not like about this soap was that it gave me blackheads on my nose(this bar contains petrolatum which totally does not agree with my skin). I did not see a major improvement in my skin. Although triclocarban is supposed to be effective in treating bacteria that causes clogged pores, blemishes, etc, the ingredients that held this soap bar together did not agree with my skin.The same thing happend with Dial's antibacterial bar-it made my face itch; while Symba's medicated bar soap made my skin feel tacky. The only bar that helped my skin that contained triclocarban was the Original Lever 2000 antibacterial bar which has been off the market for eons. That said, i always go back to Dove's Original Beauty Bar which works wonderfully at keeping my skin balanced and healthy.