Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. I've tried a bunch of different exfoliators before and the results on my skin weren't so great. Ever since then I stayed away from exfoliators. However, after hearing ravings from this product, i gave it a try and i swear, it CHANGED my skin. I have oily, acne prone skin and I find this helps clear my face and leaves my skin feeling baby smooth after use. I've also realised it makes my face a lot brighter :) my skin loves this and also, the smell doesn't bother me at all (smells like lemon + Coke to me). Would give a 5/5 if it comes with spatula. Definitely will repurchase :)

It's so amazing! It may feel a little bit harsh on your skin and it kinda hurts if you dont add water to it, but even so, it works really well. My skin feels suuuuuuper smooth like a baby's butt after using it! It exfoliates really well, my skin gets brighter and cleaner after using it, and the rest of my skincare product seeps into my skin better. A little goes a long way too, as you only need a little to exfoliate your face.

I would give it a 5 if it includes a spatula, but all in all, I'd recommend this to anybody & I'll definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely love this mask line; I've tried the Black Sugar, Strawberry, Rice and Banana Yoghurt and I've liked all of them. The Rice and Banana Yoghurt are very mild and work refreshing whilst the other 2 really help clearing my acne.

Currently I'm using either the Black Sugar or Strawberry once a week and twice a week if my skin condition is really bad. I usually wash my face first, leave it wet and put on the scrub. I usually leave it on my skin for about 15 minutes and wash it of with lukewarm water. When I have a lot of acne I will reduce the amount of water to make the scrub a bit harsher but even then it doesn't irritate my skin.

I would prefer it if the packaging came with a spatula to make it more hygienic. But it does last a very long time, I bough mine about half a year ago and am about half way whilst both me and my mother use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
When I first heard about this I was a little hesitant whether it would really live up to what it says it does. And it really does. My skin looks so much better after using it, it feels nicer, brighter, clearer and it gives my skin moisture. My skin is very sensitive so I was worried the sugar grains would be a bit too much for me but when using it with a lot of water it was completely fine. I love love love this product and I would definitely buy it again!

I have no issue with the smell, it actually smells like lemon to me. I like that the sugar granules are big and dissolvable. I usually leave it on my skin for 15 mins and while waiting, I like to rub the sugar granules for an exfoliation. Before I cleanse it off entirely, I splash a handful of water on my face and continue working on the exfoliation till the sugar granules dissolve entirely, then I cleanse it thoroughly to remove the remnants.

If you use too much water on the mask, the sugar granules dissolve very quickly. So the tip is to use the water sparingly if you plan to make use of the sugar granules for exfoliation.

I remove 1 lippie off, because of the packaging. Would prefer it in a tube than a tub.

its an ok scrub but its too oily and the granules dissolve too quickly, ive tried better scrubs

The smell is awful...dislike it...n it's too rough to scrub on my skin even added water...will never buy again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow very nice. I like thicker scrubs, so I can feel it is really removing my dead sells.
I like the fact that it's organic/natural, no chemicals added.
I have tried many scrubs in the best, my top ones are st. Ives, burts bees (sugar with Shea butter) and this one. Difficult to pick one.
Pros: price, organic, leaves my skin fresh and clean

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The scent is nice, the sugar granules dissolve quickly when massaged in with water so the exfoliation isn't too harsh, and the oils prevent your face from drying out. That said, it's a little overrated. It's very average, doesn't do much to brighten or improve texture in a long-term way. I'm not a fan of the packaging either -- wish it came with a spatula or something because scooping it out with your fingers doesn't feel hygienic, plus the lid doesn't feel secure. I'll finish the tub but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure