October 25, 2014 | 1906 users online

Palettes - Josie Maran Cosmetics - My Favorite Powders

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by HappyLittleNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cute little palette that is perfect for someone who is on-the-go or travelling. It is slim, compact, and houses a generous mirror. I liked how Josie Maran omitted a throw-away brush -- there was no space wasted in this dynamo of a palette. :) Synergena gave a great breakdown of the colours so I won't get into that.

All the eyeshadows have good pigmentation, except the one matte shade is slightly less pigmented. They are quite soft in the pan. I experienced some fall-out, but I think that's just what you get with soft eyeshadows. I think the texture and ease of use I get with these shadows more than makes up this. I took off one lippie because it isn't a complete look on its own. The shadows lean extremely warm and the palette would have benefited from a lighter highlight. I think "Cinnamon", the lightest shadow (shimmery), is meant to be the highlight but I would have preferred something in the vein of a matte version of MAC Ricepaper or Shroom. A matte highlight would balance out the high shimmer factor of Chianti, Cinnamon, and Embrace and give good dimension to the eye.

The blushes are both pigmented as well and suit my NC20/25 skin tone. They went on smoothly and had a natural finish. I don't generally wear bronzer, so I'm not sure how to use this slightly peach, light golden bronzer. I think I may use it to make the blushes a bit more multi-dimensional rather than as an overall bronzer. However, this may change as Beach No. 1 is a "natural-ish" colour.

I purchased this product from Josie Maran's website for ~$20. Great price. I probably wouldn't have taken a chance on Josie Maran Cosmetics otherwise. (I'm a bit gun shy with products I'm unable to see in person.) I wouldn't buy this product again only because I doubt I'll finish it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

This palette is a MUST BUY, and well worth it. It currently on sale, half of the original price. Go and snag it!!

It is small, (4 x 2.4 inches) but it sure does pack a punch. The colours are all very flattering for all skin tones. The powders are very high quality/pigmented and the shimmer is very finely milled. Its long lasting and quite amazing.

The palette contains 5 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, and a light bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

After drooling over this palette for over a year ( was just out of my reach at $45.00) I finally grabbed it off JM website for over 50% off. And I must say it was worth the wait. It's a neutral lover's dream with 2 blushes, a bronzer and 5 shadows. It's so small and compact, it's perfect for travel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Love this palette! The powders are so silky and smooth. They blend so easily with each other I didn't need my blending eye brush. Very high quality and pigmented. Lasts all day. Endless goof proof combinations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is a gem, and well worth the money IMHO. It is small, (4 x 2.4 inches) but I have been able to get a lot of use from it! This is one of the first palettes where I have actually used everything inside and liked it. The powders are very high quality and the shimmer is very finely milled. They really do last all day too.

The palette contains 5 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, and a light bronzer.

Eyeshadow #1: "Chianti." A deep shimmering plum/burgundy. I have been using this as an eyeliner.
Eyeshadow #2: "Valentine." A slightly shimmering rose petal light dusty pink. This is one of the few pinks that looks good on me.
Eyeshadow #3: "Cinnamon." Not sure why this is called cinnamon, it's a shimmery very light silver pink that reminds me a lot of Stila's Kitten. The amount of shimmer/glow is the same as Kitten too.
Eyeshadow #4: "Embrace." A shimmery gold/copper. This looks great on the lid.
Eyeshadow #5: "Maple." This is a totally matte light brown/dark nude that I discovered is the perfect color for filling in my brows! I have auburn hair and think this would work equally well for anyone with dirty blond to medium brown hair.
Blush 1 in "Fever." This is a mostly matte (hardly any shimmer noticeable) dusty rose. It looks like a lighter version of Benefit's Dallas.
Blush 2 in "Passion." A bubblegum pink with fine, sparse shimmer. (I have to hold it up to the light closely to notice the shimmer, so it's not much!)
Bronzer in Beach No. 1: This is a bronzer with gold/yellow undertones. At first I thought it was too yellow but I was just applying too much.. this stuff is very pigmented, so apply lightly.

This palette is so diverse for me.. brow powder, bronzer, and enough e/s and blush to create several looks. My favorite more dramatic e/s look is to put valentine all over the eye, embrace just on the crease, and chianti as a liner. The e/s are very pigmented and would show up on darker skin. The case itself is a gorgeous pinky/bronze metal. This is a great travel set or everyday set.. a great way to try out some of the powders from this line, which are all natural and free of harsh chemicals! ♥

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by traydoll

I got this at a discount with a sephora coupon. I like how sheer the colours go on, especially the eyeshadows. Since the squares are so small I use my fingertip to just rub a little bit gently onto my eyelids. I'm surprised by how much I am liking the candy pink shade. The packaging is very stylish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Lovely versatile palette. Very highly pigmented. It is a small palette, but very easy to use. Highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by rsaade

This is a great palette to try her line. The eyeshadow Chianti is in this pallete and its a great great color. I would totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by eajones33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this palette. I have tried a number of organic cosmetics and never really liked the products quality. This one is different. The quality of the product is great, the colors are beautiful and stay on all day. Plus it's organic and good for the environment. The packaging is biodegradable. The price, $45 is pretty good for a palette. You get all these wonderful colors that would cost you close to $20 bucks a piece if you bought them seperately.I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a limited-edition palette for the Holidays. It includes 5 eyeshadow colors; 2 blushes; and 1 bronzing powder. I was a bit reluctant to buy it, because I already own one of the blush colors, Fever, and I wasn't sure about 2 of the 5 eyeshadow colors. The SA at Barneys asked me if she could demonstrate the eyeshadow colors on me, and boy am I glad I did, because the two colors that I wasn't sure about, turned out to be beautiful colors that went on smoothly and looked a lot better than I expected them to. All-in-all, a beautiful and versatile palette, and a great price at $35, when you consider that the eyeshadows and blushers cost $18/ea when purchased singly.