August 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Retexturizing Peel

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Lila83

I wanted to wait until I had nearly finished this product before I reviewed it, and I'm glad I did.When I first started using this mask I was sure it was complete HG material, but now I'm not so sure.

This was recommended to me when I was shopping at The Body Shop a few months ago as I told the SA that I needed something to get rid of the blackheads on my nose and generally brighten my complexion that wasn't too harsh.

I've been using this product around once a week since I bought it almost 3 months ago, and I think I have enough for one more mask left. While I feel that it does leave my skin feeling cleaner and it seems to re-awaken my tired complexion, there are some cons. Firstly, I find citrus smell a little overwhelming. Secondly, It tends to sting for the first 5 or so minutes, which I've gotten used to but the first time I used it I nearly washed it off as it was making my eyes water. Thirdly, it can be a little hard to peel off, especially if you leave it for the recommended 10- 15 minutes: but I've found that leaving it for about 20 minutes makes it easier.Fourthly, while I feel that it has helped my complexion, I haven't noted a huge difference in my pores (not that you can expect one mask to sort your skin out for you...) but I'm left feeling that it hasn't completely delivered.

Despite these criticisms, I would happily repurchase this at some point as my skin seems to glow after using it. However, I think I'm still searching for a HG product to help with my blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mer0npan

This is such a refreshing peel! There's really not much else to say. I like it because it really helps tighten my skin but I haven't really noticed the "brightening" in action, but then again I don't really notice results like that :/ (My theory is that I see my mug everyday so I don't notices the changes very often unless it's crazily good).

It's a good product and I've been through one a half pot already.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Arelig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this peel, it smells amazing and dries really quickly. At first I was afriad that when I peeled it off I would pull some of my little baby hairs out, but I didn't! It leaves my skin so smooth, the results are instant. If I have had a long week, or any going out to something important and need to look good, I will use this mask, it's my little secret!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product twice every week, until a month ago and it didn't seem any good, but then I applied it after exfoliating my face and wow! My skin was so soft and radiant! I will buy it again and again. And by the way,there is no other exfolatior like Bioderma, and trust me, I' ve tried all high marks.