October 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Singulier (Sheer Powdercreme Veil)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Lettres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combo/oily skin and this is one of the few foundations which looks natural, doesn't break me out and does not increase shine. It's better when mixed with moisturizer or sunscreen. Only complain is that it almost always flakes up creating residue as you rub it into your face. You have to clean the flakes away with a sponge.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Lallam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice foundation. Matches my complexion to a T.
It has a incredible texture, it feels very smooth and leaves the skin super soft.
It is matte but not casket matte, it blurs imperfections and does not transfer. One of the best foundation I've tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

I only use this foundation when my skin is in good condition. My cheeks tend to be dry and sometimes a bit flakey during winter and this foundation will highlight the dryness. It is probably better suited to someone with oily skin. However I do love the texture. It is so nice and makes my face feels wonderfully soft afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by susanna972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation - my skin kooks perfect and smooth and radiant,I have bought all foundations available from Dior to Mufe,Estee Lauder,Rubinstein,Guerlain,Clarins,Chanel,Kanebo,Lancome but none of this has ever worked for me
I have a sensitive / combination skin and Ysl's Teint Singulier keep my face perfect the whole day and it's a true pleasere for my skin,I don't even have to powder my t-zone,like I used with all the above mentioned fluid foundations.
For me the best so far

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by jrglassroth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I have ever liked. I used it for many years, but it is no longer available. Does anyone who also used and liked this product have suggestions for an alternative?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've hesitated to write a review for this powdercreme, but I've personally liked it very much for hot humid days and have not had any closeup pictures taken with flash photography. Otherwise, normal photographs taken with flash at a distance has not appeared to be problematic. It is scented, but I don't find it particularly unpleasant - a bit of citrus, a little rose, but most YSL products, with a few exceptions, are quite heavily scented, so I'm used to it. The reason why I'm writing a review now is that I've discovered it makes a fantastic eyeshadow primer/base. I've recently run out of my UDPP and tried several foundations as substitute, and this works out the best, better than the Matt Touch Foundation. When used on the face though, it sometimes sinks into pores, so I avoid using it over the large pore areas. I will, however, continue to use this as a shadow base as it actually works pretty well in keeping the eyeshadows on all day without creasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by casa1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation based on a couple of recommendations due to my oily skin and really wanted to love it. But I don't! I didn't hate it and will use it again but found that it didn't control my oil anymore than my MAC Select foundation. Plus I found the colour #3 (SA said #2 was too light) a bit too dark for me and it also seemed to wear off it patches.
So I'm still desperately searching for my HG foundation - something that will help to control my oil, give decent coverage and not wear off by morning coffee!! Suggestions would be most appreciated.
EDIT - Tried this again and even worse than I remember before - absolutly awful, looked patchy and seemed more oily very ever before! Will stick to my Revlon Colourstay - does the job more than well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by gransouris

This is the only foundation that has worked for me. I really love the texture and it's very easy to blend with your fingers. It's a sheer foundation so when I put it on I don't look like I am wearing make up, I just have a better more even toned complexion, very natural. On summer time I just put it over moisturizer and follow with a pressed powder. On the other hand in winter time I skip the pressed powder since it's powdery effect it's enough. It gives a semi matte finish. # 3 matches my color skin perfectly. I have oily skin and this cream to powder works like wonders staying all day with me. Incredibly I haven't noticed the strong smell others reviews says below, for me the smell is very subtle (I haven't noticed the fragrance until I decide to write this review, and put some of the cream in my finger and smelled it very close to my nose, until now I thought it didn't had any smell at all). For me this is an incredible product and I will be devoted to it as long as it is available.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 4:50:00 AM More reviews by dinazad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I confess that I dislike wearing make-up and only do so for important meetings or when I really want to wow somebody. This, for a make-up-hater like me, is the perfect make-up - even for my light skin I found the perfect colour match in the selection (darker than I had thought) of shades. It goes on easily, doesn't dry out my already dry skin (I wear a moisturizer underneath, of course!) and does not look patchy or made-up. Instead, it evens out the skin tone, leaves a discreet shimmer of powder on my face and looks natural-only-better! It doesn't thicken or go bad if you keep it for a long time either. The white tube it comes in tends to look a bit dirty and unsavoury when you lug it around in your cosmetic bag for a while, but that is the only complaint I have. Otherwise it is a very good and highly recommended product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past few year I have been using MAC studio fix and had given up on cream foundations with the exception of Bobbi Brown stick foundation as they always left my face too shiny and I had problems finding the right matching shade. YSL Teint Singulier was perfect for me. I bought this in #7 and have been extremely happy. This foundation provides wonderful coverage (just the correct amount) without leaving my face shiny. It is also very easy to blend. I apply with a sponge as this adds more control. The only caution is to make sure that face is properly moisturized prior to application or the foundation may go on too dry. I find Darphin Vital Protection Fluid to be and excellent base for this foundation. Really a SUPER product. As long as they keep making it I will keep buying. TIP: This is an excellent foundation for darker skin types. They really did a good job of matching the under tones properly.