August 31, 2014 | 979 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this as a foundation the majority of the summer. I live in HOT as HELL Texas and need something to get me through the day w/out looking like an oil slick. Most foundations tend to give me the dewy look lots of you like but it's not good for me.
The powder is pigmented and leaves a nice unpowdery look that blends into my skin.I use my BE kubuki brush to apply. It's not sheer but gives me the coverage I need w/out looking heavy or made up. It also keep the oil slick away for a couple of hours. I still have to blot mid-day w/MAC blot. It also doesn't fade way. I use concealer on my problem spots and Dream Matte Powder and I"m good to go.
I'm a DDD (NW45) and I wear Hazlenut. It's a perfect match. Really cheap (about $6- at Walmart) and a good find. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

So far I am impressed with this product.I decided to try it after the reviews I read on here. CVS was having a sale so I got it for $5. I bought this product in dark 2-3 and it matches me perfectly. It gives me a nice matte finish. My skin is usually dry so I moisturize before putting it on. The reason I like this product because it makes my morning makeup regimen so much easier. A downside to this is that it wears off during the day but I don't have a problem reapplying. I was a little confused when I first bought it. My first question was "How the heck do I open this?" But after 5 minutes I got the hang of it. From the reviews I read, I gather that people don't care for the packaging. However, I like it. It's something new and once you get used to it, it's not really a problem. Also I usually have a problem with getting powder on the mirror and the packaging puts an end to that. I would totally buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by killahshortiee89

I used to use a clinique loose powder to set my makeup but found that when it oxidized it made my face oily and much darker than it actually is. Therefore I bought this product for about $10 at my local drugstore after seeing a youtube guru rave about it. It is a really good setting powder and really does give you a matte finish. You can see a dramatic difference from before you apply it and after. It also lasts a couple of hours depending on the humidity outside. The only downside is that there are very few color selections. My complexion is more on the dark side so when I apply this powder, it does make my skin a bit paler but when it oxidizes it blends in with my skin color instead of making me look darker which is a plus. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Dorothy46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this Maybelline Dream Matt powder. It make my skin look great in photos and makes me feel good because it stays looking good all day for me.

I have combination, Indian skin with red undertone, and found that Latte 0-1 or Hazelnut 2-3 is the best shade for me. Great product great price.

Thank You Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Controls my oil, and doesn't make my face breakout, look ashy, etc. My HG powder atm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this powder. it does a pretty good job of keeping my oily skin matte all day while im at work..but after about 8 hours i do start to get shiny. the good thing is that i can blot with this and not look cakey or messy. this powder is so light, it doesnt feel heavy on my skin at all. it does give my skin a very smooth appearance. i use this as a setting powder, i have not used it alone. what i dont like about this powder is that it settles into my undereye creases. also, i do wish that the mirror was on the flip up lid and not on the bottom... thats a bit weird but its no biggie. i've tried quite a few powders recently and this one is in the top 3. however my first choice would be black opal invisible oil blocking powder, and my second choice is mac blot powder. i have a medium brown skin tone with yellow undertones, the shade i wear is honey.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a DECENT powder. It provides a beautiful finish with minimal coverage, which makes it a very good setting powder. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't control oil very well. This, along with the fact that the colour I use (Latte, Dark 0-1) has been discontinued in Canada, is why I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked how it slided out but again not my color it was to light still after my second one.

it did a bad job with oils

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this one day a color to light. I gave it away to one of my friends who semed to love it. My skinn is waaaaaaaaay to radiant for this it only made me look sick. The coverage is nice but kinna gross lookin. even a darker shade didnt match

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I must say, I am surprised by the quality of this powder. I have been using MAC for a while now, but it wasn't everything I wanted it to be. After reading the reviews for this product, I went ahead and bought it. I use the darkest shade, Hazelnut. It helped make my skin look flawless and matte. I am really pleased.

My only problem is the packaging, but eh..I'll live.