October 31, 2014 | 929 users online

Hair Treatments - Queen Helene - Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I wasn't really expecting much from this product but I was really pleasantly surprised. I have ~ not quite wavy but ~not quite straight~ sort of frizzy~fine~and long damaged hair. I think whether this works for you or not all depends on your hair type. I believe my hair is more porous and needs protein. I applied this as directed, rinsed, and let it air dry. As it was air drying I thought it was going to be stiff like other reviews had said. I was surprised that it did not dry stiff or straw like but I rinsed it like crazy so maybe that helped. The next morning I woke up and couldn't believe the volume and body my hair had! it was ridiculous! I had volume at the roots lasted all day! The feeling of it wasn't really silky but it looked shinier and like another reviewer said just felt thick&strong. I know you have to be careful not to overdue it with protein or it could dry out the cuticle but I am so addicted to this result I hope I can do it once a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without this I'd be bald. I change my hair color on a regular basis including bleaching and darkening and this product brings my hair back to life. I actually heat this by putting it in a mug of hot water before applying; you'll get the beat results if you use this method.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

How in the world did I end up with a head of straw after using this? I knew even when I was rinsing it that I wouldn't be able to get a comb through it. If felt like I needed a deep conditioning....once it dried I found out I NOW do need a deep conditioning. My hair was dry before I used this and is even worse after. I really had high hopes, but I guess they can't all be winners.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by HappyHappyFoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is ultra conditioning, end of story. It always makes my hair shiny, thick, and moisturized without weighing it down. When I was younger I got a perm and it turned my hair into a dry, damaged, frizzy mess-- but when I used this it was soo soft and shiny! Now that I'm growing my hair out (and am rid of my perm.. bleh) I use it once weekly and my hair is 10x stronger!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by maria411

I LOVE LOVE LOOOVVE this product!! I just used this today for the first time, and I'm so glad I did. It transformed my fine,sometimes lacking-in-shine hair! It was so easy to style, my flat iron just glided through, and left a silky texture and shine. If your hair is damaged from coloring, and heat styling as mine is, this is a must have! I mean it, ladies---you have to try this=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this product :) At first I was skeptical of putting oil on my already oily hair, and rinsing it out with just warm water. However, this is easy to use, just warm it up in hot water for 1 minute, and apply it to towel dried hair. However, this goes on easily, and rinses it out easily. My hair also became very shiny after blowdrying. My hair also becomes visibly more frizzy, but a few drops of my Sebastian Potion 9 to tame flyaways solves the problem easily. I bought these in a pack of three, 1 fl. oz each, and I love that it is resealable. This way, one tube can last me three uses, which is great considering that Queen Helene is not available here. I have not tried other hot oil treatments so I don't know how this will compare to other products on the market, but this works well for me :) I will repurchase this product :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kitten41

This left my hair dry and frizzy also! How is that even possible.....wont use again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought the 3 pack for $2.50 at my local dollar store! The tube is really awesome because you get to reseal it so you can use only half a tube.I know some require you to use tthe whole tube because you cant reseal it. So really you are getting 6 tubes in all. I have shoulder length hair so i use a whole tube only because i like to get all of my hair covered with the hot oil. I normally use a towel to keep it hot.I did notice a difference in my hair but what i have to do is rinse it really good other wise it gets really oily for my hair and it weights it down. So what i do is after i use this i use my regular conditioner, even though the tube says rinse and style i have to use conditioner so my hair wont be oily after words. That is really why i gave it 4 lippies because it does leave your hair a bit oily after words, but it does work!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Ag14500

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Best hot oil treatment I have ever used. I paid $3.99 for a pack with 3 resealable tubes. With this, you're not obligated to use the whole tube or dump the rest if you have short hair like me-- I had that problem with the Vo5 hot oil since it wasn't resealable. I get 6 uses for one box! And by the way, hot oil is a great treatment but too much hot oil or treatments can ruin your hair so treatments should be done once a week maybe twice is really really needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These things just don't work for me! I've used the ones from V05 and Suave, and same thing.......they all left me with dry as wheat hair strands that were in a tangled ratty mess! VERY drying!