October 25, 2014 | 1176 users online

Hair Treatments - Frederic Fekkai - Protein Rx PM Repair Strengthener

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I read all reviews on this page after doing my own review on this fekkai product. I got it as a sample from my local beauty parlour. Used it today, loved the texture - and only used a few drops on my now few-inches-past-the-bra length hair. Soaks right up. But you need to use it carefully - this stuff is almost pure protein. Protein fortifies hair, it gives NO moisture. This used to often can make your hair dry and brittle. Use it in combo with a moisture/ oil conditoner.

I will see how this turns out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by nebulus

I received a small sample pack. Since I have thin fine hair, I was able to separate it into 3-4 uses. So far I've used it twice.

Texture: It's a serum and so it's not greasy feeling. But the downside is you don't know how much is enough. Go easy on this, I think I put on too much the first time; putting too much will only hurt your hair.

Fragrance: Smells like coconut. I am not too crazy for it but my sister loves the smell. So I guess it's a personal taste (well, smell, technically).

Use: Very convenient to use. It just absorbs right into your hair strands. I can even put it on during the day. You can't tell visually whether you have it on or not. But try not to leave it on too long, about 8 hrs is enough.

Results: After two uses (weekly), my hair is noticeably smoother. My mom petted my head and she commented on how smooth my hair was and asked what did I use. However, I wanted my dull hair to shine more. It doesn't do that. The only improvement that I've noticed so far is smoothness. I've noticed that my hair strands look different; the ends looked different than before. I don't whether it made my hair stronger but there is definitely a change.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by joneju

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved this as a sample and then bought a couple more travel size packs with the shampoo and love the results. I only use it when my hair is desperate though since the full bottle is so expensive. It leaves my hair smooth and the ends aren't as frizzy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and was able to get one treatment out of it (I have thick, coarse, frizzy, dry, curly hair). I noticed nothing after using this; my hair was no better, no worse. Maybe after using it for a month or so, I could see a difference, but I doubt it. I wouldn’t buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Tinkergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a little friendly tip, don't bother spending the money. You will get much more prompt and satisfying results purchasing the 15-minute anti-breakage mask by the same brand. If you don't believe me, go to Sephora, try a sample of both and compare.
TIP- if you do end up getting this product remember it is a hair serum, so you should not be saturating your hair with this product. A couple of pumps and run it through. It will feel like nothing is on, but it is penetrating the hair shaft as you sleep.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sonya78

I agree with the other reviewers who point out that this is NOT a conditioner... I bought this when I became desperate after all my hair starting falling out (blood tests revealed no medical cause). I have noticed that there are fewer hairs in the shower/bed/floor/clothing/dryer (lol) and my hair feels a little fuller.

My only gripe with it is the cost!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably this product needs an extended period of usage to see some positive results (as one member below correctly says).
What I say is that I am not giving it a second chance... well I could just to see how it performs in the long run, but I am not keen on doing it.
First, it stinks...I could not stand the strong smell coming off my hair.
Then my hair (that I saturated w/ the product) was damp.
And I had to go to bed. It did not really damp my pillow but the sensation was unpleasant, and I felt cold from that stuff. Really, not a pampering experience.
This morning I shampooed & conditioned but nothing different was there. As I said, I guess it takes more time, but I will not go ahead. I just don't ike this stuff....
And for that price? I mean...no way.
There are far better products out there for a fraction of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by eliz75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this treatment and was terribly disappointed in its performance. I have dry, long, curly hair and had high hopes for the treatment. The packaging is great: sturdy box, compact and durable bottle, yet the product was terrible. The conditioner is dispensed by a pump and the amount dispensed is less than a dime. Since I have long hair it took about 15 pumps to cover my hair. As recommended I tried this product 3 times over a week long period and it killed my hair. My hair was terribly dry and brittle by the end of the week. The breakage was awful and will take months to grow out. It was so bad that I went to my stylist seeking a Kerastase In-Salon Treatment. Please save your $65 and try something else. This was so bad that I tossed it - I could not in good conscience swap this product. Yup, it was that bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by prettylildevil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My advice is to NOT buy this product!! Yes, it was pretty good on my hair. I liked that it made it soft, etc. BUT, it has parabens in it. I did not know this until after I purchased it. In case you don't know, parabens may cause breast cancer. I will definately not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a good size sample of this and I really like it. I use 2-3 times a week at night. I then wash my hair the next day. My hair is a lot smoother since using this. The scent is really nice.