July 22, 2014 | 2356 users online

Styling Products - Matrix - Biolage - Hydra-Seal Leave-In Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product I highly recommend it to everyone! Go and purchase this! It's amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by icallitbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have seriously fine hair, and wanted to buy a leave in.

I bought this at CVS, and I'm starting to think I'll never buy a salon product there again. This leave in made my hair CRUNCHY, I kid you not! I was so confused, because I love the conditioning balm and their other products. So I'm not sure whether to review this as just plain bad, or because the salon stuff they sell at drugstores aren't "real." Hmm. Either way, not happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by breannaisdaone

This is a really good leave in conditioner it seems to instantly soften and hydrate just like it says. When I use it it controls my hair so beautifully I can sleep on it and the style stays put with no frizz hides your split ends It's heaven. It just keeps working!!! the only thing is if you used too much it gets kinda sticky... A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the 2nd bottle of this leave-in conditioner. The formula is a bit light, but I've found it works very well for my fine, curly hair. Doesn't weigh my curls down. If more conditioning is needed, I might add a tiny dab of coconut oil or a dollop of conditioner to my tips. But this alone is primarily what I turn to immediately after toweling my wet hair. It makes my hair so smooth when I put it in a loose updo to encourage it to dry wavy/straighter than usual, giving it a nice sheen without adding any other products. I like it better than the Got 2b Smoothing Lustre Lotion (which feels more plasticky, if that makes sense, and has an overwhelming, unpleasant scent). The scent in this Biolage creme is very light to where I barely notice it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

I have very thick, dark, wavy, sensitive hair that gets really frizzy and poofy. I actually didn't buy this myself, my stepmom gave this to me because she didn't like it for her hair, which is really fine and doesn't really frizz. This product works amazingly for me. I only use it 3 or 4 times a week because using it every day does build up residue but this product really helps to reduce split ends and it keeps my hair extremely soft. It also adds a great texture to my hair that I haven't been able to achieve with any other styling cream. If it's really humid out in the morning I will take a small dollop of this in my dry hair to smooth out frizz and keep my hair soft and less poofy. I don't use it every day due to the high price so I want to have it around for as long as possible. The smell is really nice and subtle and the packaging is very convinient. If you have thick, coarse hair that frizzes easily and breaks easily then this product is for you but I do not recommend this for fine hair. It seems to build up and coat on fine hair so if you have fine hair then just skip past this product. Another great work from Biolage!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by BrookalynBridge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a light leave in that would just keep my hair healthy. I had perfect shiny and manageable hair before I used this product. Then when I put it in, my hair air dried to become this terrible frizzy and sticky mess. I immediately went and washed my hair again and let it dry, and it still didn't come out! Same result! So I waited another day and washed with a clarifying shampoo. I am currently waiting to see if my hair is fixed right now, because it's still wet. It might work for some people, but if you have fine and already healthy hair, I would not recommend it. It is just way to thick and leaves a TERRIBLE residue on your hair!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this along with the ultra-hydrating shampoo and conditioner. They work great together to leave my hair smooth and healthy-looking. You only need to apply a little bit of the leave-in conditioner, and I usually focus on my roots since they sustain the most damage. Applies easily, absorbs quickly, and doesn't weight down your hair. The only reason it doesn't get a five is because I wish it would add a little more shine to my hair. Other than that, I love it.

For reference my hair is fine, super dry, and chemically treated.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by brookelynv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have thin wavy hair that I usually straighten because it's hard for me to get my waves looking nice and not frizzy or really dry. This product, however, does the trick! It locks in moisture and gives me just enough hold to bring out my waves without making my hair feel like it has a bunch of product in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by corinnemariexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, long, bleached hair, so this product works really well for me. I use shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner which is really drying for me (and smells bad, imo), so this really helps out my dry and split/dead ends. I LOVE the smell of all the Biolage products and the packaging is really nice. I don't use it every single day and I don't like to use it if i'm going to wear my hair wavy or curly, seems to weigh it down a bit and the waves don't hold as well. Overall, I've never disliked a Matrix Biolage product. Wish they were cheaper though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this is going in my HG pile, but I was still surprised at the negative reviews. I have thick, stick straight hair and it did not weigh it down (which is ALWAYS noticeable if there is any weight whatsoever on my straight hair). For whatever reason, my hair started thinning recently (very scary, since I'm only 22), probably because of stress, and using this has sealed the split ends and thickened it back up considerably (probably because of the soy protein in it, which I love- my hair loves protein products). It makes my hair a little shinier, and while it's not dry it doesn't have that coveted super soft hydrated feeling either, so it does seem hydrating but not ridiculously so. Maybe this was not meant to be used alone? I've thought about using a moisturizing treatment first, then using this to "seal" it in, as the name of the product suggests but I have yet to try that. Even if it worked, I still feel like this should work as a stand alone product considering its full retail price. In conclusion this works, but it's not a whole lot better than a leave in treatment you could get for half the price, which is why it's not falling in my HG pile although it's definitely worth using it up. I answered "yes" on would I buy this product again because although I wouldn't pay full price for it, I think it's a reliable product and yes, I would use it again for that fact alone.