April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Skincare - Neal's Yard - Wild Rose Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by emmab6756

I love this balm but not as a first cleanse, I to not feel it takes all my makeup off as effectively as say the Clinique balm cleanser. As a second cleanse though this is divine. It smells lovely but strong so be warned if you don't like heavy scent, I do so find massaging it into my face heavenly. I had a massive breakout when I started using this but it was basically all the little congested bumps I had coming up for purging. Since then my skin is 80% improved on how it was before I started using it. Expensive and heavy glass jar packaging which feels decadent in the bathroom but less practical for travel...I just decant into a small travel pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Deb78

Oh my, this is fabulous! I bought this after receiving a sample from Neals Yard and I've literally lost count of how many times I've repurchased it. If you go to the effort of really massaging it in (which isn't a chore with such a lovely product) you'll be rewarded with a gorgeous glow. I've got very sensitive, combination skin but I've never had any problems or breakouts with this product despite its richness. It feels really nourishing without being too heavy or greasy. Expensive, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, spot prone skin. I worried that using this as a cleanser might exacerbate my oil & spot issues, but I generally get on well with NY prods & the ingredients list is impressive. Thankfully, this multi-use product works beautifully with my skin-type. It seems to have reduced breakouts (though oil production is still the same). The extra nourishment has also helped to fade/reduce the few red marks I had left over from a nasty breakout 6mo ago.

It is very expensive at 35 (approx $56 USD) for 50g and jar packaging isn't ideal, but a little goes a very long way (the waxy texture melts to an oil before use, i literally use less than 1/5 of a teaspoon per use and that does my whole face & neck); plus, let's face it, waxy product in a tube or pump would be hard to squeeze out!

I use this as a cleanser and a mask, but I don't bother with the 'night treatment' function as I already use a night serum I'm very happy with (EL Night repair), so I can't comment on that particular function. I'll definitely continue to buy as long as my skin benefits from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by karlakarla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a cleansing balm -- in the mode of Eve Lom or the OCM (the oil cleansing method). Using it this way, it is by far the best cleansing balm that I have ever used. After using it for about a few weeks, even my stubborn clogged pores on my nose (blackheads) started loosening. It is expensive, but it lasts a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I'd tried a sample before buying this full-size. It smells like a French stew! Which is fine so far as food goes, and it's a matter of taste, but I don't like witchy herbal concoctions on my skin. Patchouli and rosemary are the dominant scents here - and there is a LOT of scent. I felt like a walking Christmas tree. If you're sensitive to scent at all, or if you're looking for any kind of subtle or rose scent (which this does not have), then please try a sample first. However if you're happy with overpowering patchouli-rosemary, then good for you - because in terms of texture and efficiency, this is excellent. It has the best effect on skin I've had. It even worked on my hands.

A decent non-smelly alternative is Lush' Ultrabland, which has a similar texture and doesn't smell anything at all. Also comparable is Eve Lom's cleanser, which is like an unsophisticated pot of paraffin and cinnamon compared to both the above (although it smells better.)

Interestingly and unsurprisingly, Neal's Yard website did not publish any portion of this review in their reviews section of the product... Thanks to MUA for allowing us to speak freely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by marple1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best thing i have ever put on my skin. I have used lots of moisturisers and serums but this is the only product where I have noticed a difference almost immediatly. It makes the skin much plumper and fresher, and seems to tone down redness. I have used it for the last 3 weeks and my skin has definitely improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Jon4444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best products I've ever used. I have re-bought 3 times now. You only have to look at the ingredients list to realise why it's so good. Every night I just pile it on and leave it overnight and when I wake up its just done wonders for my skin.

I also personally find that when I wake up and then get in the shower my skin can get slightly inflamed from the shower and then dry afterwards, for this reason I don't put my face under the shower (like I guess some people do). Anyway if I use this balm at night and then get in the shower in the morning, this balm is still there protecting my skin from any dryness the shower may cause.

I also think for the price it is well worth it, I would probably pay double for this product. Whenever I have had a day outside in the cold, or it's been a windy day, or I've been stuck at an airport, it's just a great feeling to know I have this at home and it will make my skin better. I've also had many compliments on my skin since using this product.

The only thing I would say is if you are looking for a day moisturiser then this isn't it, because the oils in it do leave an oily texture, you couldn't use it during the day, but for night treatment it has to be the best! If you're thinking about buying it then do, you won't be disappointed, even if for some reason you didn't like it as a night treatment, it also makes an amazing cleanser so you would use it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for my night moisturising face/eye balm and lip balm. It is wonderful, it seems very expensive but a tiny amount goes a very long way. The winter in Denmark means I need a serious moisturiser and this is it, but it's not waxy or heavy on the face and it absobs quicky into the skin. I love the smell too, rosehip oil...so not a sweet rose scent, but more of an earthy/herbal rose fragrance.
If anything, I would recommend buying this and splitting with a friend, as you'll never use it all up before the expiry date.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by MavisFesselmeyer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Words fail to convey how much I love this--and how much credit it deserves for keeping my skin velvety-soft, clear, and even in tone for the last several years.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueAcorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At 34.50 for 50g of product and a shelf life of just 4 months once opened this is relatively expensive but for me it is worth its weight in gold. I use this for pretty much everything - it has replaced my makeup remover/cleansing oil, exfoliator (with muslin cloth), night moisturizer, lip balm, face treatment, hand/foot moisturizer (only at night so it has time to sink in), overnight hair treatment, tame frizzies on dry hair, nail treatment, cuticle cream, lash treatment and on any patches of dry skin that appear on my body in the Winter - I think if I add the cost of all these separate products 34.50 might seem like a bargain price and as I put it to so many different uses the shelf life of 4 months is perfect as that is just how long it takes me to get to the end of the jar. Best of all my partner is happier as he is now able to get some space in the bathroom as all I now need is this Balm, NUDE Skincare's facial wash, and NUDE Skincare's Hydrating Water (which is my morning moisturizer).
This jar is so packed full of goodness that my old acne marks are fading, my combination skin is finding an equilibrium, any dry patches on face/body are relieved instantly and eradicated overnight, my nails which used to split and peel are now growing strong and healthy and my hair is so much softer. I repurchase again and again, I think I'm on my 4th jar, I can no longer be without this.
The ingredients, which are 99% organic, are listed as Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed.
Neal's Yard products have no EDTA, no mineral oils, no synthetic fragrances or colours, no parabens, no silicones and no pathalates.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No