Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm

4.5

Not tested on animals

Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.*Organically produced ingredient.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this but unfortunately there are two big issues for me...to begin with it smells strong and medicinal... A penetrating hearbal scent that lingers a lot if you use it as a moisturiser. As a cleansing balm it breaks me, 2-3 pimples if I use it 2 nights in a row, AND it performs averagely when compared to cleansing balms such as Take the day off, Emma Hardie's (the very best out there), the Body Shop's or even to plain coconut oil by dr. Organic. It is gritty, which I don't mind, cleanses so and so, leaves a greasy film, and it irritates my skin, leaving it neither refreshed nor smooth. I always follow with a second cleanser but with this balm I feel it is not enough.
..it ended as a very expensive foot balm....but even then the scent is so overwhelming...

Absolutely in love with this product!

Have been using this for a couple of months as a balm cleanser at night (after my usual make up removal routine) and as a moisturizer in the morning. Love the texture as it just melts on your face and makes you super soft and plump.
I have dry sensitive skin and my face absorbes the balm in just a few minutes.

I also love the scent which is quite heavy and "herb-y", but those who are sensitive to strong scents should def not even try this since I find it lingers for quite a while after you use it.

Will repurchase for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just this minute ordered my second pot! John Lewis often do better prices than anywhere else on this!!
I have been using this for a few months now and i am completely in love with it!

This is a balm which i use as a moisturizer, It smells very mediciny and herbal (I personally love the smell as i find it relaxing) i know others dislike the smell as it is quite over powering.
It goes on well and melts into your skin as you massage it in. A little goes a long way.

Some people dont like the pot packaging as they feel it is unhygienic to keep dipping into the product.. I wash my hands before i use it so no problem there! :)

My partner has started using this also as he has seen how well my skin loves it! He never uses skincare!!! WOW!

I apply this several times a day although that's just because i love it so much.. I have been using this alongside Alpha H Liquid Gold (a few times a week) and these two compliment each other so well.. All my old dark acne marks have disappeared and my skin constantly feels smooth!

Many people have commented on how good my skin looks.

I will continue buying this as long as they keep making it!!

I'm a huge fan of balm cleansers, but this hasn't replaced Eve Lom as my all-time favourite. The scent is more herbal than floral, giving it a slightly medicinal feel, and the texture is very very thick, requiring quite a bit of warming before it becomes oily enough to massage in. As you'd expect from a balm, it's non-drying, leaving skin soft and noticeably plumped; what it doesn't do - for me - is address any issues of redness.

This popular product from neals yard comes in a few uses; cleanser, moisturiser and leave on mask. I've never used this as a cleanser but tried it as a moisturiser instead. It is packaged in a screw off glass jar and is formulated in a balm texture. You'll need to scrap off a decent amount of the balm upon usage. I warm this with my fingertips before tapping across my face as a night time moisturiser. I find it to be incredibly rich and might only suit very dry skin or those living in winter countries.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted so much to like this! But it made me break out.. Like all Neal's yard things, it had a lovely smell, but very subtle effects.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I decided to try this balm after reading Caroline Hirons blog. I never thought to use oil or a balm to cleanse my face, since it is acne prone, but I was pleasantly surprised. It does a decent job of clearing up any spots I have on my face. The fact it is organic is nice too, but it is also a downside as the product expires within 3 months of opening it. I have had it 4 months and still have a little over half left in the jar. So I do feel it is a little wasteful.

Overall, I like it. I wouldn't say it's absolutely HG, but has definitely opened the door to trying more oils/balms.

I love this balm but not as a first cleanse, I to not feel it takes all my makeup off as effectively as say the Clinique balm cleanser. As a second cleanse though this is divine. It smells lovely but strong so be warned if you don't like heavy scent, I do so find massaging it into my face heavenly. I had a massive breakout when I started using this but it was basically all the little congested bumps I had coming up for purging. Since then my skin is 80% improved on how it was before I started using it. Expensive and heavy glass jar packaging which feels decadent in the bathroom but less practical for travel...I just decant into a small travel pot.

Oh my, this is fabulous! I bought this after receiving a sample from Neals Yard and I've literally lost count of how many times I've repurchased it. If you go to the effort of really massaging it in (which isn't a chore with such a lovely product) you'll be rewarded with a gorgeous glow. I've got very sensitive, combination skin but I've never had any problems or breakouts with this product despite its richness. It feels really nourishing without being too heavy or greasy. Expensive, but worth it.

I have oily, spot prone skin. I worried that using this as a cleanser might exacerbate my oil & spot issues, but I generally get on well with NY prods & the ingredients list is impressive. Thankfully, this multi-use product works beautifully with my skin-type. It seems to have reduced breakouts (though oil production is still the same). The extra nourishment has also helped to fade/reduce the few red marks I had left over from a nasty breakout 6mo ago.

It is very expensive at 35 (approx $56 USD) for 50g and jar packaging isn't ideal, but a little goes a very long way (the waxy texture melts to an oil before use, i literally use less than 1/5 of a teaspoon per use and that does my whole face & neck); plus, let's face it, waxy product in a tube or pump would be hard to squeeze out!

I use this as a cleanser and a mask, but I don't bother with the 'night treatment' function as I already use a night serum I'm very happy with (EL Night repair), so I can't comment on that particular function. I'll definitely continue to buy as long as my skin benefits from it.

Top Rated Skincare