April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Skincare - Face - Elizabeth Grant - essence of torricelumn

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used Elizabeth Grant years ago (it was offered on some now defunct shopping channel). I started using Philosophy and became a Philosophy girl all around. Just recently, I saw the EG products on Shop NBC. One of the things I had remaining was the pure torricelum -- at the time I bought it years ago, it was a teeny tiny bottle -- a special price of 4/$100.00! I just received this new torricelum and it's in a 3.7 ounce (I think) pump bottle. It came in a set with a 1.7 ounce lifting, firming serum for $49.00 I purchased this for a reason -- my husband has been using my remaining little bottles on a serious cut (which was bound to leave a scar) under his eye. He commented a couple of weeks ago that he's not seeing much evidence of that injury. I had never thought of this before, but could it be that torricelum is the same thing as the ingredient in Algenist? Algenist is from a company that discovered this anti-aging ingredient through marine biology -- when I watched EG's granddaughter last week, she was showing divers gathering the ingredients for this. If so, this is WAY cheaper than Algenist.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MOMMYOF7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love all of eg,not sure if i have seen any real change but love how it feels.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by madge1965

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

sadly i have found all of the range sticky & quite honestly i wont be using any of the products again.

I have had no better results in 6 months of using the products twice a day than i got with using a 99p day & night cream

My skins no better looking now than it was 6 months ago , its an expensive range that hasnt done what it said on the packet.. I wont be buying any of the range again .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jeannie57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this for a year--I have this on "autoship" from Shopnbc--it's at least a 6 month supply for about $70 (but it came with a large bottle of neck cream that I love too). I would never be able to pay the price they say it "really" costs, but this is worth every penny to me for the price I get it at! I do use this, along with a regime of her other products & am extremely happy with the look of my skin. My skin keeps getting better and better the more I use the EG products and I cannot say enough about them--I have tried many other brands--I was drawn to this simply because it was a woman over age 80 with clear skin presenting this (and she looked way I want my skin to look when I am that age--I'm 52 now) and not a 35 year old telling me how to get rid of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles--this made me give it a try.
The product is "serum-like" and is to be used over her other serums, but before using creams. Since alot of these products come in large "value" kits, I will use different items at different times, but I make sure I use Torricelum twice a day. Since I started using it I have been asked (by relatives) if I have had something done to my face or what I have been doing because I look alot younger. I even had my 96 year old aunt call me up to tell me she saw a picture of me and that I was doing something to my face---I look like I'm getting younger--I thought that was amazing (and a really nice compliment!)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by unimainz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is no such thing as Torricelumn, it's not even listed in her ingredients. I assume it's the algea extract she is talking about. Go on the web and try to get some info on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If this is the true essence of something, why would you need anything else? Don't waste your time or money on this foolish product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been very impressed with this product. I got a vial of this for a ridiculously low amount off ebay, and will never pay the full price! I have only used it around my eyes, for 8 days a month, as suggested in the blurb. the effects have been pretty amazing. I have a mild wheat allergy, which results in puffiness in the face and fingers the morning after (and some cruel indigestion at the time!) but if I use this stuff around the eye area when I go to bed, there is NO PUFFINESS at all when I wake up. This is incredible. All my life I have had that morning-after-the-night-before look after a couple of slices of pizza, or some garlic bread. I have ended up going into work looking as though I had gone 10 rounds with a bottle of gin. Now... I look fresh, clear eyed and bushy tailed.

Of course, I can't vouch for this product being a general moisturiser, or its long term effects, since I have only had it a couple of months, but I can say that I gave a vial to my mother, who was most impressed with it, for all the same reasons - no morning puffiness, and good skin tone.

So, for me, I can definitely say that this is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I get this as a bonus from one of Elizabeth Grant's kit through the TSC , its too expensive to purchase on its own. It comes in a little pump vial, I mean little, maybe no more than 15 drops in that bottle. Why not put it in a bigger bottle? Its always sold as a set of 4 or 6 or 8 anyway, some of the product cannot be emptied completely because of the pumping mechanism. Its a good light moisturiser in the warmer seasons for myself. I will never buy it on its own due to the crazy price.
UPDATE: I bump it down to 3 lippies, did nothing, neither texture, nor feeling, just a light light moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 8:59:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not certain about this stuff. I received a couple of vials of it in a kit as a bonus and used it consistently for many weeks but cannot support its claim to fame as a great skincare product at this point in time. I waited quite some time before reviewing this because indeed sometimes this skincare stuff takes a long time before results are noticeable. I used this stuff religiously for about a month or more on a light facial scar and got nothing back but a pack of zits in that area. I also extend it out on occasion to other parts of my face but just don't see a significant difference or improvement. I think my improvements are coming from other products/treatments that I subject myself to...especially the Aloette stuff. Nonetheless, I love Elizabeth Grant products...great moisturizers by the way...and will continue to use them up. The packaging of her products is highly noteworthy...very elegant and classy...and I even got a free pair of beautiful crystal baguette drop earrings when I placed an order through Shop at Home for some of her products. Overall, not quite certain about this stuff yet but will not lose faith at this point.