Elizabeth Grant essence of torricelumn

3.3

on 8/16/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I used Elizabeth Grant years ago (it was offered on some now defunct shopping channel). I started using Philosophy and became a Philosophy girl all around. Just recently, I saw the EG products on Shop NBC. One of the things I had remaining was the pure torricelum -- at the time I bought it years ago, it was a teeny tiny bottle -- a special price of 4/$100.00! I just received this new torricelum and it's in a 3.7 ounce (I think) pump bottle. It came in a set with a 1.7 ounce lifting, firming serum for $49.00 I purchased this for a reason -- my husband has been using my remaining little bottles on a serious cut (which was bound to leave a scar) under his eye. He commented a couple of weeks ago that he's not seeing much evidence of that injury. I had never thought of this before, but could it be that torricelum is the same thing as the ingredient in Algenist? Algenist is from a company that discovered this anti-aging ingredient through marine biology -- when I watched EG's granddaughter last week, she was showing divers gathering the ingredients for this. If so, this is WAY cheaper than Algenist.

on 5/22/2012 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

love all of eg,not sure if i have seen any real change but love how it feels.

on 5/30/2011 11:35:00 AM

sadly i have found all of the range sticky & quite honestly i wont be using any of the products again.

I have had no better results in 6 months of using the products twice a day than i got with using a 99p day & night cream

My skins no better looking now than it was 6 months ago , its an expensive range that hasnt done what it said on the packet.. I wont be buying any of the range again .

on 2/11/2010 9:16:00 PM

Been using this for a year--I have this on "autoship" from Shopnbc--it's at least a 6 month supply for about $70 (but it came with a large bottle of neck cream that I love too). I would never be able to pay the price they say it "really" costs, but this is worth every penny to me for the price I get it at! I do use this, along with a regime of her other products & am extremely happy with the look of my skin. My skin keeps getting better and better the more I use the EG products and I cannot say enough about them--I have tried many other brands--I was drawn to this simply because it was a woman over age 80 with clear skin presenting this (and she looked way I want my skin to look when I am that age--I'm 52 now) and not a 35 year old telling me how to get rid of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles--this made me give it a try.
The product is "serum-like" and is to be used over her other serums, but before using creams. Since alot of these products come in large "value" kits, I will use different items at different times, but I make sure I use Torricelum twice a day. Since I started using it I have been asked (by relatives) if I have had something done to my face or what I have been doing because I look alot younger. I even had my 96 year old aunt call me up to tell me she saw a picture of me and that I was doing something to my face---I look like I'm getting younger--I thought that was amazing (and a really nice compliment!)

on 2/6/2010 12:26:00 PM

There is no such thing as Torricelumn, it's not even listed in her ingredients. I assume it's the algea extract she is talking about. Go on the web and try to get some info on it.

on 7/8/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

If this is the true essence of something, why would you need anything else? Don't waste your time or money on this foolish product.

on 3/30/2008 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been very impressed with this product. I got a vial of this for a ridiculously low amount off ebay, and will never pay the full price! I have only used it around my eyes, for 8 days a month, as suggested in the blurb. the effects have been pretty amazing. I have a mild wheat allergy, which results in puffiness in the face and fingers the morning after (and some cruel indigestion at the time!) but if I use this stuff around the eye area when I go to bed, there is NO PUFFINESS at all when I wake up. This is incredible. All my life I have had that morning-after-the-night-before look after a couple of slices of pizza, or some garlic bread. I have ended up going into work looking as though I had gone 10 rounds with a bottle of gin. Now... I look fresh, clear eyed and bushy tailed.

Of course, I can't vouch for this product being a general moisturiser, or its long term effects, since I have only had it a couple of months, but I can say that I gave a vial to my mother, who was most impressed with it, for all the same reasons - no morning puffiness, and good skin tone.

So, for me, I can definitely say that this is a keeper.

on 1/23/2008 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I get this as a bonus from one of Elizabeth Grant's kit through the TSC , its too expensive to purchase on its own. It comes in a little pump vial, I mean little, maybe no more than 15 drops in that bottle. Why not put it in a bigger bottle? Its always sold as a set of 4 or 6 or 8 anyway, some of the product cannot be emptied completely because of the pumping mechanism. Its a good light moisturiser in the warmer seasons for myself. I will never buy it on its own due to the crazy price.
UPDATE: I bump it down to 3 lippies, did nothing, neither texture, nor feeling, just a light light moisturiser.

on 12/9/2005 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am not certain about this stuff. I received a couple of vials of it in a kit as a bonus and used it consistently for many weeks but cannot support its claim to fame as a great skincare product at this point in time. I waited quite some time before reviewing this because indeed sometimes this skincare stuff takes a long time before results are noticeable. I used this stuff religiously for about a month or more on a light facial scar and got nothing back but a pack of zits in that area. I also extend it out on occasion to other parts of my face but just don't see a significant difference or improvement. I think my improvements are coming from other products/treatments that I subject myself to...especially the Aloette stuff. Nonetheless, I love Elizabeth Grant products...great moisturizers by the way...and will continue to use them up. The packaging of her products is highly noteworthy...very elegant and classy...and I even got a free pair of beautiful crystal baguette drop earrings when I placed an order through Shop at Home for some of her products. Overall, not quite certain about this stuff yet but will not lose faith at this point.

Popular Face Skincare Products