October 20, 2014 | 1934 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Multi-Lights Highlighting

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

This worked well for me - didn't dry out my hair, provided very pretty highlights (I used H2 and my hair is dark blonde/light brown) and was super easy to paint on. I don't bother sectioning my hair for either coloring or highlighting - for this product, I just literally paint and it turns out great (have done 3x now). I don't notice any offensive smell. Its cheap, easy = I will continue to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great product for dark brown hair, I usually like Kaleidocolors in beige blonde but wanted less of a contrast since now I am a brunette, was a little concerned about color and quality so I did a strand test with the H3, most reviews online recommended the minimum time for a true caramel color was15 minutes but it was a little too lightening for my taste and the best highlights "cooked" in 10 minutes. Color came out beautiful and warm, hair feels nice and soft (opposite of the Revlon kit) and mega shiny, I even liked the brush it comes with, I usually like to do my highlights with an old toothbrush but this little brush works really well, great product and will continue to use.
EDIT Aug/01: used this product again today with the same success as before, left it on for 7 minutes this time for the perfect burnt caramel bronzy color, did front highlights with a highlighting cap this time and came out looking like a professional job, hair is soft, mega shiny and not dry at all, it looks amazing, brings out the green in my eyes and makes my ppp skin look great, will do the rest of the hair as soon as I can again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This kit is great. I am Asian with straight, dark brown hair. I do color it but that is to cover up greys (and lately it seems that I'm getting more greys!). I chose this kit in H3 (warm bronze/cookies n'cream). I used this on dry, day-old dirty hair. I ended up with beautiful highlights that made me look like I had just got back from a weekend at the beach! I really don't care for the applicator thing but that is so minor. I have already repurchased this kit. I think I will get one of those pull-thru caps for the next time I reapply. The conditioner packet is nice as well; it felt moisturizing but not overly heavy. This was seven well-spent dollars! UPDATE: I re-colored with my Nutrisse #434 (dark golden brown), then went 3 days without washing my hair, and then applied this kit again. My hair looks GORGEOUS. After using both products, my hair color is rich and has dimension, it looks shiny and glossy, and it feels silky. Am planning to repurchase ASAP. Recommend without hesitation or reservation if you are on the fence.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by shalene08

SO... after reding the reviews up here last nighti decided to go ahead and give this a try. I picked it up at walmart a while ago for 7 bucks...which you can't beat. I got the one for dark to meduim brown hair it's supposed to give copper like highlights. The preperation is much like that of all hair colors, the only problem I had, (which is why i gave 4 instead of 5) was you hair has to be damp... anyways i put it on followed directions to a t. I started at the top and worked my way under my hair... After the 15 minutes was up I washed. The color is very nice, just like the box, the only thing is I have color treated hair so where my new roots were it came out a little lighter than the rest, not to noticable so Overall I am pretty happy with this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I just did a stand test using the H2 kit. Maybe I didnt select the right kit, this one shows results on "medium brown" hair, and my hair is died dark brown, but it was the darkest they had at walmart when I picked this up. I wasn't expecting them to come out blond, I was actually hoping for a honey or caramel color, but that's not what happened. I left it on for the recommended 15min and it didnt lighten a whole lot, so I applied more bleach and left it on for another 5min (20 total) and it turned out several orange.. the level of lift would be the right amount but it was VERY orange! This would need some toning, which I would rather not bother with it... I think I will go to sally's and give cream light another try. The box said its ok for color treated hair, but I think this would be better for natural hair color, because usually my hair lifts easily. Kind of a waste of $7. I think I will hold on to it and use it on my grown out roots later on

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Sgoetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very dark brown color treated hair. I used the kit for dark hair. I loved the results. I applied it to thick strands of hair, not just the 6-8 strands they recommended. I really like the results. I would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used H4 Lightest Auburn. I can just barely tell the highlights are there..it is a very subtle effect. It took me 15 minutes to get to the last highlight and I left it on for 15 minutes after that so 30 minutes total. Which the box says do 15-20 minutes so I thought I'd see more of a change but maybe the color was to close to my own but as I understand it is just removing color from my hair so I dont know if it being probably at least 1 1/2 since I bought it was the problem or not. I'd try again but in the next shade lighter, maybe it's stronger at removing color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by cbohanno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This worked for me in a pinch...I have dark brown hair that is heavily highlighted with golden blonde. I noticed yesterday in pictures that my roots were terrible around my face, at my temples, and at the front of my part. I decided to try the H2, Golden Blonde, to touch up these areas. Although the results weren't what i would get in a salon, it blended in nicely with the existing highlights and masked the dark shadow at my roots. I applied very sparingly with the included brush and washed out after 20 minutes. Would definitely use this again to stretch out salon visits.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by paintedraven

I have light ashy blonde hair and I was looking for something that would subtly lighten it--been trying everything from lemon washes to chamomile tea treatments. I finally resorted to a bleach, and based on the reviews here I picked this up in the "Kit1" (light blonde) version.

This packaging is fantastic--it's so easy to use and the instructions are really clear. The gloves that are in the package are a bit awkward if you have small hands though, so I opted for regular kitchen gloves. I was a bit apprehensive about how careful you had to be about where and how to highlight, but even though I probably did the worst job of applying it (in pretty big, messy chunks, with no idea where I had applied it afterward) I think even a four-year old child could not mess this up because when I washed and dried my hair it was sooo subtle and well-blended in with my hair it was unbelievable! I was expecting the drastically different colour like the girl on the box has, but this was just perfectly slightly golden and lighter than my natural hair colour! I am so pleased! It might be because of the colour of my own hair (on the back of the box it says not to even try on light ash blonde because there will be no noticeable effect) but I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for very subtle, natural looking lightening for cheap! Also the avocado conditioner is very nice :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Lillybelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Agggghhh! This is horrible!
I have naturally light ash brown hair, but I'm prone to getting red highlights from the sun- blame it on scottish heritage. Well, I thought Id give this a whirl, since it was only $5 at walmart.
I bought the darkest shade available, i think it was beige blonde. Recommended for light to medium brown hair. Put it in for the reccommended amount of time, no more no less, and the result?
Bright ORANGE streaky hair!! I had to make an emergency $100 trip to the salon to get color correction. Not only that, but my hair was falling out like crazy afterwards! Please, dont buy this stuff. Its filled with harsh chemicals, and it will turn your hair orange. Spend your money on something else, maybe a professional highlight, at least.